PDA

View Full Version : I hate "etiquette" threads but.........

Jeff Kaos
05-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Ok, so if you have a mic just keep it muted until you actually have something to say relevant to the game. I have a pair of the cheap "one ear" official Xbox mics that cost about $20 and a mid-price pair of Turtle Beach headphones with mic and both types of headphones have a little switch that lets me mute the mic in an extremely convenient location. Please do the same. No on wants to hear you talking to your wife about grocery shopping or hear your toddler children talking about cartoons or hear you cough half a dozen times or worst of all hear the horrible feedback from your television that sounds like an electronic toilet flushing.

Mics are cool and people who use them to communicate with other players are even cooler. But no one wants to hear people's daily lives being lived out in what seems like a radio version of the world stupidest reality show.

Tango80
05-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Ok, so if you have a mic just keep it muted until you actually have something to say relevant to the game. I have a pair of the cheap "one ear" official Xbox mics that cost about $20 and a mid-price pair of Turtle Beach headphones with mic and both types of headphones have a little switch that lets me mute the mic in an extremely convenient location. Please do the same. No on wants to hear you talking to your wife about grocery shopping or hear your toddler children talking about cartoons or hear you cough half a dozen times or worst of all hear the horrible feedback from your television that sounds like an electronic toilet flushing.

Mics are cool and people who use them to communicate with other players are even cooler. But no one wants to hear people's daily lives being lived out in what seems like a radio version of the world stupidest reality show.

You forgot crap music in there also. Also some people have the Kinect system that has a open mic so you hear everything.
Turn it off I'd rather not mute the area channel just so i don't have to hear crap music being filtered through miles of digital information then spewed out of my TV's speakers so it sounds like a cat having an ****** while being run over by a trunk.

Grit
05-17-2013, 07:19 AM
#1 reason for Party Chat or just muting Area chat or staying in "group chat."

do you honestly really thing you're going to find some random person in area chat that is going to be worth talking to??

"mute lobby" is perhaps one of the best features in BO2 lol

Tango80
05-17-2013, 07:24 AM
#1 reason for Party Chat or just muting Area chat or staying in "group chat."

do you honestly really thing you're going to find some random person in area chat that is going to be worth talking to??

"mute lobby" is perhaps one of the best features in BO2 lol

I tend to stick with party chat but when i'm alone sometimes i forget why i mute area chat. Then i suddenly remember when i roll into a arkfall and hear craptastic music playing.

Jeff Kaos
05-17-2013, 07:26 AM
I actually hear some worthwhile stuff in area chat, especially during Arkfalls so I'm reluctant to mute entire channels. The only good thing about removing name tags from above players is that now when someone talks their name appears and it's easier to mute the offending party. But still, it's much simpler for everyone to mute their freaking mics until they wish to talk. And luckily I haven't heard any of the crappy music people play yet, but then again I usually play early mornings.

juggalojames07
05-17-2013, 07:27 AM
If my kid is talking having a good time, so be it. But if one of them is screaming or crying, I will mute my mic. How are people suppose to know other have a mic if everyone has it muted. People like you make me sick, that complain about the laughter in children. But has some sense in your actions, if you have your chat open then your going to hear what ever people don't find to be private.

Tango80
05-17-2013, 07:37 AM
If my kid is talking having a good time, so be it. But if one of them is screaming or crying, I will mute my mic. How are people suppose to know other have a mic if everyone has it muted. People like you make me sick, that complain about the laughter in children. But has some sense in your actions, if you have your chat open then your going to hear what ever people don't find to be private.

Having your Mic Muted is one thing Having to Mute The area chat because someone is stupid and not Muting thier mic is totally different.

A Muted Mic allows you to listen to others in the area. Having me to Mute the Area chat because some dummy has an open mic isn't cool.
I'd rather talk to people in Area chat if i wanted to but when you have a Muted Area Chat that doesn't work cause you can't hear anyone with that specific channel muted.

So If you have a Mic that is open and you carrying on a conversation with someone in the room with you please mute it so I don't have to mute my area chat.

juggalojames07
05-17-2013, 07:49 AM
Having your Mic Muted is one thing Having to Mute The area chat because someone is stupid and not Muting thier mic is totally different.

A Muted Mic allows you to listen to others in the area. Having me to Mute the Area chat because some dummy has an open mic isn't cool.
I'd rather talk to people in Area chat if i wanted to but when you have a Muted Area Chat that doesn't work cause you can't hear anyone with that specific channel muted.

So If you have a Mic that is open and you carrying on a conversation with someone in the room with you please mute it so I don't have to mute my area chat.

Oh trust me I would, unless I'm in the middle fighting. But I was saying for everyone that doesn't think like me. Its in everytime of game, also I rather enjoy seeing people complain that vioce chat isn't working. There are so many big mmo's that don't have voice chat. WOW, Guild Wars, Perfect World.

Jeff Kaos
05-17-2013, 08:30 AM

First off I like to hear the laughter of children; I have kids myself. But you'll never hear them over my mic because: 1) I keep my mic muted, plugged in sure but muted all the time and 2) I don't play M rated games when my toddler children are in the same room. As I said, I'd rather someone have no mic at all then being forced to hear people talking to others in the same room. It sort of ruins the immersion.