PDA

View Full Version : I had a bit of an unsettling observation today. Please read.

donthackmebro223
03-22-2013, 07:16 PM
First off, no I'm not complaining; I'm concerned. This is my first beta weekend on Defiance and the game itself is very enjoyable. However, I noticed it feels a lot like SWTOR. What I mean by that is that yes, I see other people around me doing things, but I feel like I'm playing a single player game. Does anyone else feel this way? I like the game and want it to do well, I know that Trion is a very capable company but something just doesn't feel right to me in terms of it being an mmo. Thoughts?

Defy
03-22-2013, 07:18 PM
What about the Arkfalls?

also once game goes live there will be many more players so prolly easier to group

War Master Degan
03-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Are you trying to play with people? Trying to join groups?

Warlander
03-22-2013, 07:23 PM
First off, no I'm not complaining; I'm concerned. This is my first beta weekend on Defiance and the game itself is very enjoyable. However, I noticed it feels a lot like SWTOR. What I mean by that is that yes, I see other people around me doing things, but I feel like I'm playing a single player game. Does anyone else feel this way? I like the game and want it to do well, I know that Trion is a very capable company but something just doesn't feel right to me in terms of it being an mmo. Thoughts?

I felt that it had a single player feel at times, HOWEVER thats awesome, that just means they are doing a good job at creating a excelent story and pulling you into the world, having things feel like a single player game is not a bad thing, and swtor did all kinds of things wrong,( but it was still fun)

people use the term single player like a bad word when its really not, look at most mmo's with repetative gather quests, quest hubs, kill stealing etc, most standard mmorpg's are not good.

Psychometrics
03-22-2013, 07:24 PM

idk I played swtor and liked it, now Im trying this and I love it xP

Im still waiting for my bf, so Ive been having my own fun alone lol I cant say I had this much fun playing a game by myself in a long time, seriously I cant get over the vehicles and how much I'm that stereotypical fail woman driver in the game haaha

I think right now if there's not a lot of actual communication is because everyone is off doing their own thing and getting as much time in as possible before beta ends. release is around the corner, but many people have been soo antsy to get a stab at it that theyre just totally absorbed into trying to see and do as many things as possible before monday. of course not to leave out the people who are very serious about finding bugs etc theyll be hunting like theyre trying to find atlantis hahah

donthackmebro223
03-22-2013, 07:26 PM
No, I haven't done Arkfalls. Truth be told I don't know what they are. I didn't do big research into the game before I tried it today. This is just my observation from playing for a few hours. I agree that having a good story is essential even in an mmo, but when it doesn't feel like an mmo is what causes players to complain and leave

Warlander
03-22-2013, 07:28 PM
No, I haven't done Arkfalls. Truth be told I don't know what they are. I didn't do big research into the game before I tried it today. This is just my observation from playing for a few hours. I agree that having a good story is essential even in an mmo, but when it doesn't feel like an mmo is what causes players to complain and leave

well i know someone else on the forums was saying they couldnt find other people, maybe there is a bug, i know when i played on pc there was too many people everywhere, and arkfalls are big events that take lots of people to do, kind of the whole point of the game, there big and hard with lots of monsters and lots of people, i would hold off thinking it feels single player untill you have actually seen whats going on.

Iceman0134
03-22-2013, 07:33 PM
What about the Arkfalls?

also once game goes live there will be many more players so prolly easier to group

I havent had trouble. I get lucky and find the two random people who are also doing the main quest.