PDA

View Full Version : Clans in Defiance

General Sideboob
05-17-2013, 11:16 AM
So far I have been going it solo. It looks like there are plenty of clans in Defiance. What are clans all about in this game? I'm assuming that the game is more fun in a clan, but what sort of things do you do?

Myst
05-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Right now clans almost serve no purpose sad to say, just like a bigger extended group really in terms of utilizing boosts at least. Other than that it seems like it's just for status.

Shandri
05-17-2013, 11:50 AM
I made my clan initially to deter clan invites, then when my friends started playing, they joined and now we spend time goofing off together. Because the game's social interaction and chat options are so dramatically limited in the game though, I don't expect clans will every be anything like Guilds in other MMOs...but I am sure that there are Clans out there that do a lot more than the simple goofery my friends and I partake in when we play. :)

Nikola Tesla
05-19-2013, 11:48 AM
So far I have been going it solo. It looks like there are plenty of clans in Defiance. What are clans all about in this game? I'm assuming that the game is more fun in a clan, but what sort of things do you do?

As Myst said, right now the only real benefit is if someone has bought clan boosts, in game, outside of game, well, it depends on the clan. For example, my gaming Clan, Covenant Knights, has a large forum where we talk about everything from Little Big planet games to Battlefield 3. We have a Defiance Forum with a sub section for people to post items they want to trade off/for and a section for Clan sponsored runs that you can sign up for.

Hopefully, they add more functionality to clans in game, but until then it all just depends on what the clan has to offer outside of the game.

By the way, if you are interested, the Covenant knights is a 21+ Gaming community that formed because we want to enjoy the games we play and not have to listen to little kids talking about how much they pwn you nubz (Nubz? My god, is noobs not short enough?). If anyone is interested see the link in my signature.

Assasino
05-19-2013, 03:06 PM
I agree myself i made my own Clan as i would get a few invites every time i played now nobody bugs me.
Apparently there is Clan bonuses but really no real benefits. I have been Solo for the most part up until now and thinking i am almost done the main storyline. More fun, well not always as it is more of a challenge doing the entire game solo