PDA

View Full Version : sawed off shottys

red_sundown
05-17-2013, 12:23 PM
so i need to get to level ten on sawed off the only problem is they are compleatly useless in pve not only are they weak they take longer to reaload than it takes for enemies to rush you wtf they used to work this is frustrating the eff outa me any body got a tip on raising sawed off level? im on eight so it looks like its gunna take me a year of grinding

Hammer Strike
05-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Technically not true. I have a sawn off purple, Synergy: Veteran and while yes it is slow to reload get in close enough and it causes immense damage. It just a case of finding the right one that works for you. This is coming from a guy who just uses LMGs

Epyon
05-17-2013, 12:56 PM
I recommend the courier. its like a mini grenade launcher. Got my 10 w it and never came back lol

Strigol
05-17-2013, 01:07 PM
throw on cloak, toss in the two perks that give ego power recharge, and ego power cooldown on a full reload, add in the cloak perks for the same and the 30% damage perk while cloaked.

one shot almost every enemy that way, from there just keep doing san quenten over and over, can get any weapon to 10 in a day or two tops there.

Remag Div
05-17-2013, 01:23 PM
throw on cloak, toss in the two perks that give ego power recharge, and ego power cooldown on a full reload, add in the cloak perks for the same and the 30% damage perk while cloaked.

one shot almost every enemy that way, from there just keep doing san quenten over and over, can get any weapon to 10 in a day or two tops there.

Yeah, if you manage not to run into 5 other people doing it. lol

Babydoll
05-17-2013, 01:27 PM
so i need to get to level ten on sawed off the only problem is they are compleatly useless in pve not only are they weak they take longer to reaload than it takes for enemies to rush you wtf they used to work this is frustrating the eff outa me any body got a tip on raising sawed off level? im on eight so it looks like its gunna take me a year of grinding

fastest way is to run co-op missions...u fight servral bosses and you dont need to rely on just yourself ...u can max a weapon fast in a few co-op matches ..plus its always good to not worry about getting killed when u have 3 people helping do the kills ...all u need is for that gun to hit and your gold

Strigol
05-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah, if you manage not to run into 5 other people doing it. lol

for the last week i've been doing it for the pursuits (only got semi-auto snipers left) i've been alone most times, or had 1 other person, maybe i just got lucky?

Writhen
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM

I ran into the same problem, tough skill to level. What i found useful, besides the courier, was to use melee. A courier with a melee mod, blur, and sonic strike can speed things up.

Tortuga121
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
I like them for bigger enemies granted they do take awhile to load but, the damage that the guns do is great and I usually stick with those or any of the shotgun class.

I also like the bug guns too.

uninhabitableheart
05-21-2013, 05:45 PM

Yeah... idk. Maybe you aren't getting in close enough? It should be a 1-hitter-quitter on everything but elites if you are doing it right. Someone else mentioned the perk where a full reload recharges your EGO Power, except that rather than use Cloak, I like to use Decoy and the Sawed-Off for PvE. Get in close and when you get low on shields/health, throw out your decoy and continue. If you're doing it right, you'll clean out most groups of Raiders/99ers before they can run you out of shields, kill your decoy, and run you out of shields again. Use cover strategically and keep moving. Time your reloads so you put something in the LOS of your enemies while you reload and pop out and blast 'em.

Anyways, the weapon xp needed is based on the type of weapon, otherwise no one would ever even be able to get to level 2 with Rocket Launchers, seeing as the DPS of a Rocket Launcher is like 150, and the DPS of a VBI AR is something closer to 2000. Everyone says Damage = XP, and if that's the case, it's clearly scaled to the type of weapon.

Djomblade1
05-22-2013, 05:34 PM
I have tried and tried and tried to like and find actual good uses for the sawed off. I really have. I just cant ever find or justify a use for a one shot/reload weapon outside of a rocket launcher. Fire once/long reload rinse and repeat I just dont like it.

Colif
05-22-2013, 09:14 PM
I use it as an alternate weapon, hit triangle to swap, take a shot, hit triangle again. I started using a courier last night as I too want rank 10, and I use monarchs as shooting targets, using my infector as main weapon, making sure its all dotted up and then break out shoty until the dot stops ticking off (I use damage figures, really helps to show where to shoot things). If anything, its a good way to clear the skitterlings that follow monarchs around.

I doubt I will use them once i have lvl 10 but that is also what I thought about infectors, I grew to like them over time.

Kessler
05-23-2013, 01:24 AM
I tried leveling my couriers at San Quentin and for some reason around 75% of my shots lobbed right through the hulker. I got frustrated and stopped leveling them there.

MrClip26
05-23-2013, 01:30 AM
some ppl will disagree but i use a purple nano fragger with syphon..theres not a single enemy i cant kill with the most 2 shots..besides boss's...`1 shots all day nuff said...the dmg on it is 265x12 or something like that with my mods on it..its also lvl 19

also i used to use it in pvp now i use decoy with my VOT PULSER SMG

Damien Wolff
05-23-2013, 01:57 AM
i used these in co-op maps to lvl my sawed-off shotgun and had fun with it and got to Skill lvl 10 pretty fast

SO-2 Courier

Fires sticky explosive rounds that detonate on target after a predetermined length of time

DMG 1919
Fire Rate 1.5
mag 2
reload 0.8
ACC 10.0
Bloom 0.00

ego perks
Shock trooper
on an explosion you have a 30% chance to instantly reload your weapon

deadly cascade
You deal 30% bonus damage for every additional enemy caught in a explosion

Mad Bomber
on a explosive kill recharge your grenade 30% and instantly reload 15% of your weapon clip

Colif
05-23-2013, 06:15 AM
i have a lvl 600 legendary nano fragger, once my skill is above 3 I will use it. Even though I am lvl 2500 now, it still beats everything except maybe a purple version. Not sure what nano it has on it.

kgersen
05-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Another way is to use it with blur; its kind of fun in the open world. Equip perks that recharge ego, run up, shoot, reload, repeat. Now if only I was good enough to pull that off in pvp....

Renfield
05-23-2013, 07:53 AM
i used these in co-op maps to lvl my sawed-off shotgun and had fun with it and got to Skill lvl 10 pretty fast

SO-2 Courier

Fires sticky explosive rounds that detonate on target after a predetermined length of time

DMG 1919
Fire Rate 1.5
mag 2
reload 0.8
ACC 10.0
Bloom 0.00

ego perks
Shock trooper
on an explosion you have a 30% chance to instantly reload your weapon

deadly cascade
You deal 30% bonus damage for every additional enemy caught in a explosion

Mad Bomber
on a explosive kill recharge your grenade 30% and instantly reload 15% of your weapon clip

I was dreading leveling the Sawed-off's to 10 until I discovered the Courier. Good damage and area effect made it go very quickly. Deadly cascade perk is definitely helpful with this weapon.

kyonon
05-23-2013, 08:02 AM

anyone wanting to level up so shotys, go to bug an chug, cross rd to hell bugs nests an blast away, thats what i did to skill up so shotys, dont take long, vbi couriers are best skill up quick an powerful.