PDA

View Full Version : Please show unequipped weapons slung on your back!

Screampuff
03-22-2013, 07:41 PM
Since we're only using 2 weapons at any given time, I don't understand why they have to disappear when you put them away. It would be much more immersive if your character just slung them on their back/holster.

Psychometrics
03-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Since we're only using 2 weapons at any given time, I don't understand why they have to disappear when you put them away. It would be much more immersive if your character just slung them on their back/holster.

cool idea, I like it !

Pasha
03-22-2013, 07:47 PM
I heard devs said it's too complicated if not impossible.

Tl;DR Don't count on it.

BlackTalons
03-22-2013, 08:03 PM
I heard devs said it's too complicated if not impossible.

Tl;DR Don't count on it.

Yeah, it ramps the resources consumption to the olympus, it would kill the framerate of consoles and heavily cripple the PCs.

KawanabeKid
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Great idea and it would look awesome, but it's done this way to save on memory. In the end, performance is top priority in MMOs.

Warlander
03-22-2013, 10:34 PM
would be cool, but either way doesnt matter.

ThanatosPa
03-22-2013, 10:48 PM
mabey a generic pic for each weapon class? That should standardise(sp?) the resourses needed to show it. Also that would simplify the coding needed.

Desidus
03-22-2013, 10:51 PM
not really a big deal to me.. most of the time crap like this ends up looking bad because it ends up clashing with other items on your back...

Dead_Phoenix
03-23-2013, 02:53 AM
awesome ide imho. but given the huge variation of guns, and then mods on top. i think it may be a bridge to far

ghostercon
03-23-2013, 05:55 AM
Won't happen. Blame the consoles, they don't want to overburden the "fps" with stuff like that.

Sanguinesun
03-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Given that such requires a ton of comp resources to render consistently and then to as well show up for cutscenes(since our worn outfit is rendered for those) it just aint gonna happen. As well 10 days before launch is sure fire isnt going to happen.

Screampuff
03-23-2013, 02:35 PM
How about you only see it on your own character and not anyone else? You don't really notice other players as much as your own switching anyway.

Asheki
03-23-2013, 02:38 PM
You summon cars and clothing from the unknown vastness of your EGO, which contains tremendous amounts of riches and loot for you so that you can make the trek back to the vendor. Why would you need to have to reach for your rifle slung across your back every time you need it when you can just summon it from the unknown!

makinde
03-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I like this idea :) I understand that it adds to the resource count and can affect frame rate, but it seems quite odd that this MMO has it while many others do, even RIFT I believe... with that said, considering that this is a third person shooter I imagine there are some under the hood factors that may limit this from being a possibility... still I would very much like this to be implemented at some point, heck if it's just a frame rate issue give us the option to turn it on and default it to off so the console players can be none the wiser ;)

Dixa
03-23-2013, 02:49 PM
there's a guy in the pc forum using a core 2 duo, 4gb of ram. ah but he shelled out cash for 2x 660 sli.

he's not unique. there are a lot of partially built, inadequately upgraded systems out there that will choke when playing a persistent world game

Regrets
03-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Done on just about every MMO. This game however isn't capable because it's a console port. Very limited functionality. We'll never see crafting either. Too intricate for a console to handle.

for those of you who are experiencing an online game for the first time, welcome, this is a bad 1st experience. It's not an MMO. it's a shooter. Second it's crippled for the PC because of the console coding required.

We're missing 50 features we should have had they not tried port this over to a platform it didn't belong in the first place. enjoy.

Dixa
03-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Done on just about every MMO. This game however isn't capable because it's a console port. Very limited functionality. We'll never see crafting either. Too intricate for a console to handle.

for those of you who are experiencing an online game for the first time, welcome, this is a bad 1st experience. It's not an MMO. it's a shooter. Second it's crippled for the PC because of the console coding required.

We're missing 50 features we should have had they not tried port this over to a platform it didn't belong in the first place. enjoy.

list the 50 features that are standard in an mmotps taht should be in defiance

these 50 features may not be features that are standard to slower paced mmorpg's. if you are unable to make that distinction, stop posting.

Asheki
03-23-2013, 07:07 PM

You sir, are spouting nonsense. You should probably check your abbreviations before you use them...

MMO -> Massive(ely) Multiplayer Online...

Any game which boasts massive amounts of players on one server at one time is an MMO, what you're refering to is specifically an MMORPG, which Defiance is second as well.

Here's another piece of information you might also like to know. You'll never see any MMO built for high end pc's, so no... The consoles don't cripple the functionality of the game. They can have even more intricate functions then a PC MMO would normally have on account of control scheme differences. Fun fact, you generally don't want to play certain games with a keyboard and mouse, its a bad choice.

Crafting: This game features it, with its own take on it. Crafting doesn't take a 'PC' to work well... It just takes a load of data which is the recipes. Doesn't take any 'PC' grade resources to achieve that. The reason its not in there? There's no point to it.

Its obvious what you're trying to do, but you could come up with slightly more decent arguments. Check your facts, look up some info... form some criticism that doesn't make people want to facepalm at the very idea that you might be thinking you know what you're trying to insinuate.

Nice try nonetheless.

Cry
03-23-2013, 07:10 PM
/signed

Would enjoy very much.

Strontium Dog
03-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Shame really when a mmo like secret world has this yet this game engine cant handle it? Weird.