PDA

View Full Version : Vendors stock going downhill fast

mikepaul
05-18-2013, 02:21 AM
I just crossed EGO 1900 and I started reminiscing about the time when I could roll up to a vendor and find purple items with all 4 slots available.

Now I see mostly blues with one slot. And white mods that are sucking up the space that could be used for blue Level III mods, the kind I want to use.

What's up? Some sort of 'balance' thing where the better stats on some items because of higher EGO needs to be countered by a lower set of perks than purple would normally give?

Don't tell me about the faction machines and the purples that never change, never have Syphon built-in, never anything exciting enough to jump on. I do now have Soleptor high enough to risk buying something, but until the Scavenger synergy line has a weapon and mods I want to use, I'll pass.

So is it EGO-related, or is it a common complaint no matter who goes shopping?...

A s0t
05-18-2013, 02:25 AM
So is it EGO-related, no matter who goes shopping?...

yes
/10char

Spectyr
05-18-2013, 02:27 AM
As your EGO increases you'll gain additional bonuses on gear, and when that happens your mod slots decrease back to one then slowly build back to four until you gain another bonus. Bonuses aren't guaranteed tho, just a chance to have additional ones. I see a lot of purps in vendors (mostly garbage), occasionally you find a gem but I don't think they nerfd. I went through the same thing, call it growing pains ;)

mikepaul
05-18-2013, 02:41 AM
As your EGO increases you'll gain additional bonuses on gear, and when that happens your mod slots decrease back to one then slowly build back to four until you gain another bonus. Bonuses aren't guaranteed tho, just a chance to have additional ones. I see a lot of purps in vendors (mostly garbage), occasionally you find a gem but I don't think they nerfd. I went through the same thing, call it growing pains ;)
When I do see a crappy purple with one slot, it sometimes has more than one perk, like reload AND clip size AND maybe grenade recharge. The lack of slots is a huge liability now, closing in on 100,000 salvage to flesh out the 3 slots you actually have to pay for. The only weapon I like enough to add slots is the VOT Mazu Blast Rifle. Only AR type I have now. Sure hope the growing pains lead to solid benefits later, and not to a new set of DLC super-weapons with their own issues...