PDA

View Full Version : First DLC

Riolith
05-18-2013, 05:02 AM
"with the layoff's, we probably won't see any dlc" is all I'm seeing on the forums atm...

NO NO NO NO NO NO do you not understand how the world works? Do you really think that the developers finish a game, album soundtrack, film or in this case a DLC the night before they ship them out or upload them?

no.

It's likely that the developers have finished the first few DLC's already, if not more!

Schwa
05-18-2013, 05:04 AM
"with the layoff's, we probably won't see any dlc" is all I'm seeing on the forums atm...

NO NO NO NO NO NO do you not understand how the world works? Do you really think that the developers finish a game, album soundtrack, film or in this case a DLC the night before they ship them out or upload them?

no.

It's likely that the developers have finished the first few DLC's already, if not more!

Sorry, no. They might have some concepts and basic design finished, but the reason we don't have the DLC is it's not ready to be released. No other reason.

I fully expect the first DLC to be larger and more-involved than subsequent content. By the time we get the 5th, I expect a hat and a reskin of an existing outfit.

Riolith
05-18-2013, 05:05 AM
I fully expect the first DLC to be larger and more-involved than subsequent content. By the time we get the 5th, I expect a hat and a reskin of an existing outfit.

Yeah this is definitely true, I was expecting that from the start before all the bad press etc because that's what happens in most games :)

TwwiX
05-18-2013, 05:13 AM
Don't worry. You'll get your DLC. They're contractually obligated to fulfill those promises and very likely already covered Microsoft's fees to be able to provide that content on the 360. I wouldn't hold my breath for any substantial free updates, though. Not unless they choose to abandon the 360 version.

boblinthegoblin
05-18-2013, 05:41 AM
The dlc will come, just have some faith, the devs have also said future content depends on what we ask for, so support the play you like, pvp pve co op, whatever gets you hot make sure trion know

Amnesia
05-18-2013, 05:56 AM
(...)the reason we don't have the DLC is it's not ready to be released. No other reason.I disagree. They had stated that they planned to release patch 1.020 before the DLC and AFAIK, that's still the plan. That's why it hasn't been released.

Now, does that mean that it's 100% finished? No. Perhaps they're still tweaking things until the target release date (which they almost certainly know even though they haven't shared it with us).

TH3STEVE
05-18-2013, 08:31 AM

I agree with this. Many times DLC for games is completed when the original game is. Not every game operates this way but with five scheduled it's likely a few are in the can.