PDA

View Full Version : More "Nim Shondu" type boss fights

thejx4
05-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Seriously, just beat it. So far it was the most entertaining part of the game. Only took me two tries. It was still fun even after I figured out his attack patterns. It was actually somewhat challenging, and not artificially difficulty. He doesn't have perfect accuracy, he doesn't do insane damage, he just has a lot of abilities and tactics.

I found myself rotating weapons a lot, until I figured out the VBI Armada and and El Diablo was the best combination for me. Halved his damage/took out his clones in one shot, then fire damage at a high rate.
If the Mazu fight was anything like that, it would have made the whole Dark Matter arc a lot more epic. I loved it

The Sci-fi part of this game is so much better than the "New Frontier" theme.

Jack Johnson
05-18-2013, 11:37 AM
The Sci-fi part of this game is so much better than the "New Frontier" theme.

****ing this. I feel you so much on this. I get that they want to have Mad Max-esqe elements, but the actual sci-fi components are so much more interesting to me.

I think most of the fanbase probably agrees as well- more than half of the players I've seen use EMC Heavy, VBI Infilitrator, or Ekaru Predator (which looks smexy as hell).

As for the Nim Shondu boss battle, it was good for a 1v1 battle, but I'd rather see co-op boss battles that are geared towards co-op in the future.

Jackobite
05-18-2013, 11:43 AM
At only two tries your a better gamer than me :)

Agreed tho its a good fight and at the end I think I did a little W00t, good feeling beating it, Id go for more of the same, I thought the new episode mission was a bit grenade heavy, had a CoD flashback but still fairly easy to finish.

StarBat
05-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Nim was a blast. I got him first try, my wife got him second try. I even played the story over just to fight him again with a courier (on a dare). Phase 1 was like 40 seconds. :p Great fun, and if anything, they should make this fight repeatable instead of having to do the entire story over.

StarBat
05-18-2013, 11:58 AM
I thought the new episode mission was a bit grenade heavy.

Yeah, what was that? Glad I had blast shield on, but others I know weren't so lucky.

Blackwolfe
05-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes please! More fights like Nim. Not only is the fight fun, I also use the tears of people failing hard at Nim and Jackleg Joe to power my vehicles. Suprisingly good fuel.

Xazur
05-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I think they should just add a normal or hard option when players choose to do the Singleplayer. They shouldn't force a player to fight a super tough boss just because others like it.

Blackwolfe
05-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Or people could take a step back and consider their approach and how to beat the boss, perhaps adjust choice of gear or spec.. just like you would if you failed at any other boss in the history of gaming.

Jack Johnson
05-18-2013, 12:43 PM
I think they should just add a normal or hard option when players choose to do the Singleplayer. They shouldn't force a player to fight a super tough boss just because others like it.

Agreed. I'd love to fight a tougher version of Nim Shondu than we currently have. I went down once during the fight - kind of a joke considering my EGO was less than 500 at the time and I didn't even know what nano effects were.

(I'm fully aware of what you intended to say, but the game doesn't need to be made easier anywhere, it needs to be made harder, the guy is the last boss of the game)

thejx4
05-18-2013, 12:59 PM
****ing this. I feel you so much on this. I get that they want to have Mad Max-esqe elements, but the actual sci-fi components are so much more interesting to me.

I think most of the fanbase probably agrees as well- more than half of the players I've seen use EMC Heavy, VBI Infilitrator, or Ekaru Predator (which looks smexy as hell).

As for the Nim Shondu boss battle, it was good for a 1v1 battle, but I'd rather see co-op boss battles that are geared towards co-op in the future.

If it weren't for the whole desolate wasteland thing, I'd really love San Franscisco. I enjoy the Dark Matter bases.
But if they can make the co-op bosses as engaging as Nim, that'd be amazing. He's agile, he's aggressive, etc. I think the big difference is his variety/number of attack patterns. All in all, Dark Matter seem to be the smartest enemies. When Monitors say "form up on me" and throw up the shield, they'll actually run over and do it. I'm replaying through the story right now and can't wait to fight Nim again.

EDIT: Would be cool if the one of the battle arenas was a recreation of the Nim fight, but the difficulty would scale based on the number of players.