PDA

View Full Version : Shot Converter Question

Jinn Goodman
05-18-2013, 04:20 PM
So when you attach a shot converter, does the nano effect that you're "converting" the gun to stack with previous nano effects? Or does it literally change the nano effect to w/e the shot converter is.

Example:
Syphon Weapon + toxic converter => syphon and toxic weapon?
or
syphon weapon + toxic converter => toxic weapon?

Jinn Goodman
05-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Bump! This is falling quick D:

mbergeron
05-18-2013, 04:25 PM
It will likely switch the nano effect.

Jinn Goodman
05-18-2013, 04:26 PM
It will likely switch the nano effect.'Tis what I thought, but I heard that it stacked from some random dude in clan chat. I just want someone that has tried it to tell me.

mbergeron
05-18-2013, 04:28 PM
I doubt it will stack , but you never know with this game. The best way to try it out is get a worse version of the gun type with a nano effect put the converter on it and see then retrieve the mods. I think they made it so if you don't want one nano effect you can switch to one you want.

Jinn Goodman
05-18-2013, 04:33 PM
Just attached a toxic shot converter to a sawed off. Results: Nothing. Still a syphon, mag mod slot is shown to be occupied but bonuses are not shown. I'm guessing it worked but I can't tell cuz it still looks like syphon :P.

Warcurse
05-18-2013, 04:43 PM
I use this mod frequently on sawed off shotguns whose "magazine" cannot otherwise be enhanced and I have never had anything unusual happen. It would be ironic if in this instance some apparent glich did indeed cause damage stacking! Did the color of your shot change?

Jinn Goodman
05-18-2013, 04:51 PM
I use this mod frequently on sawed off shotguns whose "magazine" cannot otherwise be enhanced and I have never had anything unusual happen. It would be ironic if in this instance some apparent glich did indeed cause damage stacking! Did the color of your shot change?No it didn't (unfortunately). So you're saying I shouldn't of attached it to a sawed off cuz it can't be enhanced? Poop.

Jinn Goodman
05-18-2013, 04:54 PM
Well, question answered by a GM. They do not stack, but it is bugged for Sawed Offs. Thanks for your input, guys.

Warcurse
05-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Oh no dude- it totaly works without a hitch for me every time(waiwha...am I still talkin about defiance, troll, troll;) ) I believe shot converters are the only mods that CAN go in a sawed off. :)