PDA

View Full Version : Designed for consoles

Trajan
03-22-2013, 08:54 PM
I enjoy the game alright just feels like defiance was designed for consoles with the PC as a 2nd thought should have order it on my ps3.

Warlander
03-22-2013, 08:57 PM
I enjoy the game alright just feels like defiance was designed for consoles with the PC as a 2nd thought should have order it on my ps3.

yeah the devs said that, they even said pc players should use a controler, guess you missed that huh? anyways that asside it plays fantastic with a keyboard and mouse and looks 10x better than on a xbox or ps3, although there is nothing wrong with console games. why pc gamers need to cry about it i have no idea.

maybe you should have ordered on ps3 then you could go there and wine about some other issue.

Trajan
03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
^ethug please go back to wow and troll kido

captaincrunch
03-22-2013, 09:13 PM
not an Ethug well not much of one. but when did quoting the game maker become a troll?

would this post be a troll of someone trying to troll a troll then?

Shismar
03-22-2013, 09:16 PM
not an Ethug well not much of one. but when did quoting the game maker become a troll?

would this post be a troll of someone trying to troll a troll then?
What quote? You are just making an assertion.

maniacal1
03-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Yeah...anyone, such as Warlander, who does NOT understand why console ports on PC is a bad thing need to just not comment. I've no issues with the keyboard / mouse combo, but the UI is absolutely horrid. I am so tired of ports to PC, but I'm growing numb to it and just not caring about games anymore and that bothers me even moreso than devs being lazy.

And Trajan...please don't insult us WoW players. We wouldn't put up with his BS either.

captaincrunch
03-22-2013, 09:19 PM
well he did not quote it either so just an assertion.

Warlander
03-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah...anyone, such as Warlander, who does NOT understand why console ports on PC is a bad thing need to just not comment. I've no issues with the keyboard / mouse combo, but the UI is absolutely horrid. I am so tired of ports to PC, but I'm growing numb to it and just not caring about games anymore and that bothers me even moreso than devs being lazy.

And Trajan...please don't insult us WoW players. We wouldn't put up with his BS either.

Get off your high horse bro, im 34, i started playing games on a NES, once i got a 486 I found doom and loved it, really got me into games, since then I have owned every console and had a new gaming PC every 2 years, ive worked in game development as well.

Consoles are here to stay, hell if it wasnt for consoles PC gaming would have died, YES it would have, it was consoles that finally made games ACCESSIBLE ( I know scary right) the fact that they made this for consoles and PC at the same time is just a the nature of gaming these days.

There is nothing WRONG with the UI, it could use a couple tweaks to make improvements indeed, thats what betas and feedback are for.

Its pathetic that most of the complaints about this game are comming from PC gamers, and there omg console port end of the world crap.

grow up and enjoy the game theres nothing wrong with it as it is, its just not the same crap youve been playing the last 10 years.

joaquin1119
03-22-2013, 09:32 PM
I go to a lot of topics and all i keep seeing is go back to WoW.. What is wrong with WoW? I enjoy the game very much.just grow some hair on ur balls if u have any. Some people going to like this game and some going to hate it.it's going to be like that in every single game..I'm going to get Defiance and still be playing my WoW and play guild wars 2..

TwwiX
03-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Get off your high horse bro, im 34, i started playing games on a NES, once i got a 486 I found doom and loved it, really got me into games, since then I have owned every console and had a new gaming PC every 2 years, ive worked in game development as well.

Consoles are here to stay, hell if it wasnt for consoles PC gaming would have died, YES it would have, it was consoles that finally made games ACCESSIBLE ( I know scary right) the fact that they made this for consoles and PC at the same time is just a the nature of gaming these days.

There is nothing WRONG with the UI, it could use a couple tweaks to make improvements indeed, thats what betas and feedback are for.

Its pathetic that most of the complaints about this game are comming from PC gamers, and there omg console port end of the world crap.

grow up and enjoy the game theres nothing wrong with it as it is, its just not the same crap youve been playing the last 10 years.

Actually, no. Neither console nor PC gaming is dead. Those are just buzz words conjured up by inane industry analysts. Both mediums go through phases. Where one excels while the other remains somewhat dormant yet prevails. As a 34 year old gamer, you should be aware of that very fact, bro. Right now, PC gaming is at a new height thanks to its open nature and platforms like Valve's Steam. Console development contributed nothing to its current success. If anything, it has stagnated innovation and technological advancement.

This game is an obvious console port and a sloppy one at that. I don't need more proof than its UI. What's auto aim doing in a PC game, anyway?

I am glad that you're enjoying it but don't make up excuses for obvious, lazy game design. It's detrimental to your own good as well as gaming in general.

NinthPrejudice
03-23-2013, 04:04 AM
Actually, no. Neither console nor PC gaming is dead. Those are just buzz words conjured up by inane industry analysts. Both mediums through go phases. Where one excels while the other remains somewhat dormant yet prevails. As a 34 year old gamer, you should be aware of that very fact, bro. Right now, PC gaming is a new height thanks to its open nature and platforms like Valve's Steam. Console development contributed nothing to its current success. If anything, it's stagnated innovation and technological advancement.

This game is an obvious console port and a sloppy one at that. I don't need more proof than its UI. What's auto aim doing in a PC game?

I am glad that you're enjoying it but don't make up excuses for obvious, lazy game design. It's detrimental to your own good as well as gaming in general.

I have to agree. I think Trion should have refined the UI to be more user-friendly for the PC. Not knowing which button to press for the main menu was clearly one of the biggest and glaring problems.