PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of a title?

Madaras
03-22-2013, 09:42 PM
I see titles mentioned as rewards. So I want to know how are these titles rewarding? Do they have measurable effect on your character? What would be the "pale wars ronin" effect? What would be the "Iron demon" title effect. These are things I'd like to know before I choose which version of the game to buy.

EdgeTW
03-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Titles are generally just little bits of flavor you attach to your name to show off the fact that you own said title (or just think it's cool to have).

nathanpbutler
03-22-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm not even seeing where one would choose a title. I mean, I know we get them in the preorders, but is that an option that is on the beta menu at all?

Defy
03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
to show off a certain achievement or to give flavor to your character

Komakala
03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm not even seeing where one would choose a title. I mean, I know we get them in the preorders, but is that an option that is on the beta menu at all?

I'm going off memory, but I believe its bottom left of loadout screen below grenade/shield/vehicle there is a button that says Title, click it and you can select a title that you have earned/unlocked. As for the purpose, they are purely cosmetic and used to show off your accomplishments.

Madaras
03-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Thank you for informing me. That greatly decreases the value of the ultimate edition for me. I'll stick with the collectors. (I like the cute figurine :P)

Madaras
03-23-2013, 09:58 AM
In my opinion even something story related would make a certain title worth while, but if it's just for cosmetics or to say "I spent $145" it's not my thing.

Pasha
03-23-2013, 10:06 AM
"Iron Demon" is my title of choice (Deluxe title is questionable). Don't want to spend *that* much on "Pale Wars Ronin"...

P.S. Right now my toons have "Weapon of Mass Destruction" titles for Cronkhite bunker co-op pursuit.