PDA

View Full Version : How to Rotate Camera?

Calysto
03-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Is there a way to do this yet in game, that I'm just not seeing?

Komakala
03-22-2013, 10:14 PM
You can rotate the camera around while you're on a vehicle. But because the camera focus is linked to where you point the gun you can't rotate the camera while standing around.

Calysto
03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Ya, was hoping that we could rotate the camera so we could actually see our characters, especially since they're calling this an MMO and all, heh. Kinda disappointing that you can't seem to do that.

Warlander
03-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Ya, was hoping that we could rotate the camera so we could actually see our characters, especially since they're calling this an MMO and all, heh. Kinda disappointing that you can't seem to do that.

MMO = massive multiplayer online, that has nothing to do with the camera, this is a MMOAS action shooter, there are also MMOFPS , however you may be looking for mmorpg, which you can often rotate your camera.

Although it wouldnt hurt of they added a way to rotate your camera when standing still, some games do it by "hold cntrl" or something similar.

either way this isnt a mmorpg and it seems lots of pc gamers just dont get it.

EdgeTW
03-22-2013, 10:37 PM
MMO = massive multiplayer online, that has nothing to do with the camera, this is a MMOAS action shooter, there are also MMOFPS , however you may be looking for mmorpg, which you can often rotate your camera.

Although it wouldnt hurt of they added a way to rotate your camera when standing still, some games do it by "hold cntrl" or something similar.

MMORPG = massively multiplayer role playing game. In Defiance you're play the role of an arkhunter in a massively mutliplayer game. That's what the storyline and all the cutscenes they spent time developing are about. I'm not sure why you don't think MMORPG fits. It's a very generic term.

ANYWAY.. even APB (another third-person shooter MMO) allows players to rotate the camera round. They allow you to zoom in and out a little further too. I think the camera rotation is really necessary here.. especially if they want players to invest in new outfits on the cash shop.

Calysto
03-23-2013, 12:36 AM

This is most definitely an MMORPG. I feel like I've seen you around on the forums just kind of trolling like this. If you honestly have nothing at all to add to a topic, don't bother posting. And yes, all I'm asking for is a simple way to just rotate my camera around while I'm standing still and doing emotes and such, while standing and talking, etc.

Corun
03-23-2013, 01:55 AM
It would be great for screenshots if my character didn't always have to be on his vehicle to see him better for sure.