PDA

View Full Version : Is EGO becoming more stupid as the game progresses?

crasher
05-20-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm at E-1800 right now, and I swear that EGO has suffered a serious case of the stupids as the game has gotten to THIS point. It's like EGO had a memory wipe since the original EGO during the training sessions, and has regressed to an ignorant fool who not only repeats blather, but gets stuff wrong all the time, babbles incessantly and has not much worth listening to.

I hope to God it doesn't get worse, or she'll be singing nursery rhymes and talking about potty-training before I make it to E-2800.

CORTANA was at least relevant, if only she would have played a bigger role.

EGO, otoh, should just shut up and take a bus to someplace too noisy to hear her.

I'm sure IRL she's a very nice entity, but the script they wrote for her should have been shredded, and the devs who OK'd it should be given a stern talking-to, and then kicked in the balls several times.
Twice.

jmho.
I can't imagine why it wouldn't be.

A s0t
05-20-2013, 12:22 AM
she was a moron at ego level 30. not once helpful during the campaign

Beck
05-20-2013, 12:26 AM
There should be an option to turn off the "Help"

A s0t
05-20-2013, 12:33 AM
There should be an option to turn off the "Help"yeah trion doesn't work like that

Arsenic_Touch
05-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Well look at it this way. She's inside your head, right? The higher your ego rating, one would assume the more punishment you've taken. So higher ego level = higher brain damage = dumber ego. It's simple really! :cool:

Umbra Warrior
05-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I was going to make a joke about her going rampant, but then I remembered that even when Cortana was rampant she was still fairly useful, if not a little unreliable.

Schwa
05-20-2013, 12:35 AM
We need to activate the device! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM&t=2m22s)

PhotriusPyrelus
05-20-2013, 12:38 AM
she was a moron at ego level 30. not once helpful during the campaign

Pretty much. It's like she was trying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too hard to be Cortana. And failing so super hard at it.

A s0t
05-20-2013, 12:39 AM
what about the ***** angel in borderlands 1 and 2. you get to [spoiler] the crap out of her

omega32x
05-20-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm at E-1800 right now, and I swear that EGO has suffered a serious case of the stupids as the game has gotten to THIS point. It's like EGO had a memory wipe since the original EGO during the training sessions, and has regressed to an ignorant fool who not only repeats blather, but gets stuff wrong all the time, babbles incessantly and has not much worth listening to.

I hope to God it doesn't get worse, or she'll be singing nursery rhymes and talking about potty-training before I make it to E-2800.

CORTANA was at least relevant, if only she would have played a bigger role.

EGO, otoh, should just shut up and take a bus to someplace too noisy to hear her.

I'm sure IRL she's a very nice entity, but the script they wrote for her should have been shredded, and the devs who OK'd it should be given a stern talking-to, and then kicked in the balls several times.
Twice.

jmho.
I can't imagine why it wouldn't be.

Just plug her and get it over with. Im sure her mouth would be to full to even say anything at that point. XD

Muffins
05-20-2013, 12:55 AM
*Run over skitterlings*
"That's the last of them, nice shooting!"

But I didn't shoot anything!

omega32x
05-20-2013, 12:56 AM
*Run over skitterlings*
"That's the last of them, nice shooting!"

But I didn't shoot anything!

ahahaha but you see your car was like a torpedo so she assumed you must have fired something! XD

otonagamer
05-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Am I the only one who likes it? I like the way she says 'let's roll!' I thought whoever gave her a voice and script did good job.

Muffins
05-20-2013, 01:03 AM
Am I the only one who likes it? I like the way she says 'let's roll!' I thought whoever gave her a voice and script did good job.

I like her. But in saying that I can block of annoying sounds and have a tendency to enjoy the consistent beeping of a car door.

Woody92
05-20-2013, 01:04 AM
I think the soldier npc's at roadside emergencies are far more annoying.....

Soldier : "Tango sighted! I think Tango is sighted! Tango sighted! In case you didn't hear me....Tango sighted! Tango sighted! Tango sighted! Tango sighted! Tangosighted! TangosightedTangosightedTangosighted!"

Me : " DO YOU THINK THAT TANGO HAS BEEN SIGHTED??!!"

PhotriusPyrelus
05-20-2013, 01:07 AM
what about the ***** angel in borderlands 1 and 2. you get to [spoiler] the crap out of her

Angel was so much better. Especially in BL1. Her character changed significantly in BL2.

A s0t
05-20-2013, 01:07 AM

Soldier : "Tango sighted! I think Tango is sighted! Tango sighted! In case you didn't hear me....Tango sighted! Tango sighted! Tango sighted! Tango sighted! Tangosighted! TangosightedTangosightedTangosighted!"

Tango and Cash?

Muffins
05-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Angel was so much better. Especially in BL1. Her character changed significantly in BL2.

Yeah I didn't like her in BL2. In the first one it was just the eyes so it seemed fitting.
In BL2 it was like 'LEDS GET PRETTY GIRL IN FRONT OF FAN', she looked smug as jek to me everytime I saw her pop up, her darn head tilting and judging eyes.

Lowlif3r
05-20-2013, 02:41 AM
It's like a marriage in real life. The first 30 days are awesome. Then it just goes downhill from there.

crasher
05-20-2013, 02:50 AM

I already have a suggestion in the other forum requesting we be allowed to kill those inbreds once every half hour.