PDA

View Full Version : Weapons?!

BossBanter
05-20-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm having real issues understanding how the weapon aspect of the game works... anybody wanna give me a super simple rundown?
must have my head on backwards!!

Epyon
05-20-2013, 06:30 AM
All weapons have the same stats regardless of EGO lvl or rarity. Only difference brought about by rarity is small bonuses that may or may not make a gun better (More melee dmg or fire rate, etc). Each weapon has a mastery bar that fills with use, once maxed it gives you an extra bonus. All weapons have mod slot in which you can place mods you find in vendors, although the number of those slots open may vary (you can open them with ark salvage, the green stuff). The mods also add bonuses, although they tend to be better than the ones a weapon starts out with and improve depending on the tier of the mod (theres 3 tiers). Lastly each weapon is assigned to a skill bar for your character, which levels up the more you use that type of weapon, as it levels its gives you even more bonuses (keep in mind though, a fully mastered weapon wont contribute to the skill bar).

drackiller
05-20-2013, 06:33 AM
I'm having real issues understanding how the weapon aspect of the game works... anybody wanna give me a super simple rundown?
must have my head on backwards!!
It`s a trial and error thing at the beggining and soon you`ll start geting the hang of it.
But really, you need to explain better what is confusing you about the weapons.
Don`t be afraid to frack up a few weapons in the beggining, try experimenting with the white or the green ones. Blue are better then green and white so be more carefull with those and the purple guns that to me are the best ones.
In my opinion the orange kind are kinda more for show off :) Hey, but i`m just a noob in this game ;)

BossBanter
05-20-2013, 06:43 AM
hey guys, thanks.
I've only had the game 2days... friend got me hooked!!
i didn't understand the difference with colors... turns out i have a few good purple ones and a couple of blue, also got a bit confused with the mod bit too but i think i got it now :D
Great job guys! xx

Colif
05-20-2013, 08:41 PM
The color scheme seems to have come from wow, though it may have been earlier.

White = basic item. Its what you start game with and has no inbuilt bonuses. Can have sockets.
Green = slightly better than white, can have a synergy attached to the slots, can gain a bonus once experience on weapon is maxed out.
Blue = (magical) Better than Green, has a synergy, Bonus abilities available from start + more open once weapon is maxed.
Purple = (Epic) Best items you can buy in vendor, more bonus abilities at start than what Blue Offers.
Orange = (Legendary) Best items in game, cannot be bought from vendors, can be found in lock boxes and traded. Best bonuses in game.

Essentially, the items just gain more bonuses on them as they change color.

Most games that use this scale, white is seen as trash and discarded pretty much as soon as you get greens, but the way weapon experience works in this game means they are actually very useful as they save you using up purples just for getting profficient with a weapon type.

Shreddi
05-21-2013, 04:12 PM
I keep going back to the white SAW. Its more dps then the purple with all mod slots maxed out. Go figure. When developing game I would hope that all weapons had ONE guide to follow when assigning colors because it looks like Devs just assigned what they thought without comparing with others. The color system in this game does NOT make sense.