PDA

View Full Version : Best Mods available in the game?

cusman
05-20-2013, 05:49 AM
Are the Level III (blue) mods as good as it gets or has anyone gotten any Purple (IV) or Orange (V) Mods?

Also, the Faction Vendor stores seem to give Green or Blue mods pretty consistently but with the expected Synergy. Unfortunately, they tend to give Mods that don't go with the Synergy equivalent weapon they are also selling.

So is that one way to try and get Level II or III mods for general use? I mean do we ignore the synergy on the Mods and just care about the base stats if it doesn't go on any of the matching Synergy weapons?

4ndreas
05-20-2013, 05:56 AM
For now the mod boxes are your best bet even if they don't drop all synergies.

cusman
05-20-2013, 06:05 AM
For now the mod boxes are your best bet even if they don't drop all synergies.

I suppose Key Codes are much easier to come by than Faction REP credits. I suppose the Mod Boxes also give Level II or better. I will start trying on those more.

I am looking for a Level III Barrel Mod for my Orange Ground Pounder. I have a Level III Stock mod already, but I would have to destroy my Purple Big Boomer to get it.

The Orange Ground Pounder I got is really "Legendary" due to being Survivalist Synergy which is perfect for Snipers and Detonator type weapons. Survivalist Synergy adds bonus damage to full health/shield enemies and you just need another of the same Synergy equipped to get the Synergy bonus.

4ndreas
05-20-2013, 07:23 AM
It's not perfect because only the initial explosion which spawns the 3 secondary explosions causes more damage. The main damage source, I.e. the secondary explosions, still cause the same amount of damage.