PDA

View Full Version : How will the shadow war be balanced?

Karazykid
03-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Tried my first war and noticed I get to use my character and his gear. A pretty neat idea, but what happens when I'm level 59 and the other guy is 400? His stuff would just 1 shot me every time wouldn't it? So is there some kinda level cap for the wars so we only get matched with people near our ranks or will the first guy to power level just have a fun time killing all the newbies?

DragonSpirit
03-22-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm thinking run/dodge fast. If your moving around to much the other player might not be able to hit you. I'm also thinking that they wouldn't put a lvl 400+ in a PvP battle when everyone else is at a much lower level. It will also depend on weapons. Even though the other player is at that level they might not have great weapons. It also depends on skill. If they can't hit a broad side of a barn with a shotgun then what chance do they have in hitting a moving target.

Komakala
03-22-2013, 11:39 PM
First and foremost this is a skill based game. Gear scales, but it's not as drastic as you may see in other mmos. Usually combat and pvp comes down to who can fire off the first and most accurate shots.

Karazykid
03-22-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm going to imagine someone at that level will at least have that level equipment, even if it isn't great. And even if they're not accurate at all if they've got a 10k shield and 3k weapon and all I've got is a 1k shield and 300 weapon, odds are pretty good at some point he's going to clip me and I'll be dead even though I can out dodge and out shoot him just because of his vastly higher level.

I'm hoping this sort of thing doesn't happen, but it's also good incentive to buy the extra XP boosts in the cash shop they were talking about, so I can see it happening too. And frankly it'll just ruin the shadow war instead of giving them a few extra sales.

keyweez
03-23-2013, 01:13 AM
If I've read correctly the gear really doesn't go up that much, it's mostly how you mod it that changes. The mods don't necessarily give more damage but more accuracy, less recoil, chance to proc elements, that kind of stuff. There is one weapon I've seen in game that seems to do far more damage than all the others I've seen, though I'm not sure what it is.

Fiancee
03-23-2013, 01:25 AM
They can just use servers for that. I expect it happens later. Basically they can send new players to own server.

Dead_Phoenix
03-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Tried my first war and noticed I get to use my character and his gear. A pretty neat idea, but what happens when I'm level 59 and the other guy is 400? His stuff would just 1 shot me every time wouldn't it? So is there some kinda level cap for the wars so we only get matched with people near our ranks or will the first guy to power level just have a fun time killing all the newbies?

the gear in defiance doesnt scale up like that. no ego will be able to just 1 shot you. unless he us is using specfic perks, and bolt action sniper, and hits you in the head. in which case a ego 60 can do that just as well.

this is a TPS not an RPG. dont think of gear as being the decideing factor, you get the jump on a 400, have the right weapon at the right time, (ie tactics), and you have aim. you will take the 400 out 9/10