PDA

View Full Version : Server Switching?

JakeTheLate
03-22-2013, 11:52 PM
I was wondering if there was any way to switch to a server that a friend is on. we usually have 6-8 people in party chat, but we're not on the correct servers to play with one another. I'd be willing to gen another char if it means I can do it.

code 117
03-23-2013, 12:29 AM
When you make a group with friends using social or the dpad, you can teleport to the leader just:
dpad right - group - your name - go to leader.
This is a little bugged out as most of the time i go through the world and have to be revived at a cost.
If one person group invites another, then split the group there and both of you group invite everyone ese in and then they just have to warp via go to leader.

I'm still trying to figure if i can play with my american friends even if on pvp or via clan join, as in the faq it does state that there is regional servers, but then you should be able to choose where to go after that. I think the person who wrote it didn't do a good job as it came across once you are in game you then choose where you would like to play if the server will allow you (The connection is stable enough to play with people from other regions without hurting the server load)
But I think what he meant is that once you are in your regional server, anyone within your region, you can meet up with (doubt the facrt we have to group to leader warp everytime was meant to be the initial plan)

If someone knows if they are definately going to give us the option to actually just find a friend and hit join server or invite friend to server. Again, I had 9 friends on last night from uk alone, and no-one could see each other until we found the go to leader thing which is not easy to find initially.

Also, if anyone knows if the option to play with other regions is possible, I would love ot know as I've made some good friends form the us recently and it bugs me that I cannot play with them.

Drkhao
03-23-2013, 12:31 AM
I was curious about this too.. I assume it will be an option eventually. If I am missing something now tho please let me know! :P
I'd love the ability to play with some of my AUS friends.

Fiancee
03-23-2013, 12:41 AM
I was curious about this too.. I assume it will be an option eventually. If I am missing something now tho please let me know! :P
I'd love the ability to play with some of my AUS friends.

Its there arleady, theres option for "find a player" write his name and you're with him. It works exactly the same way as you jump from queue to PVP match.

Btw, theres no server list..

JimmyV15
06-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I tried this and when i search my friend, his name (both gamertag and in-game) can't be found, but ive done this with another friend and it worked fine?? Does anyone know what this means or what i need to do??

AethFTW
07-28-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm having the same problem. I'm using the Char name given to me, and it's not finding the character. I'm on US Server, my friend on EU server, and we can't rightly switch over to each other's servers, or group up and warp to leader. So now what?

nathanpbutler
07-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Between regions, you cannot do that kind of switching yet. Within a region, you can use the search for friend and/or go to friend to link up. They have said that you will be able to jump region servers in the future, but you will have to create different characters on each region's server, since your character info is stored regionally.

RavenHawke
07-29-2013, 03:19 PM
When you make a group with friends using social or the dpad, you can teleport to the leader just:
dpad right - group - your name - go to leader.
This is a little bugged out as most of the time i go through the world and have to be revived at a cost.
If one person group invites another, then split the group there and both of you group invite everyone ese in and then they just have to warp via go to leader.

I'm still trying to figure if i can play with my american friends even if on pvp or via clan join, as in the faq it does state that there is regional servers, but then you should be able to choose where to go after that. I think the person who wrote it didn't do a good job as it came across once you are in game you then choose where you would like to play if the server will allow you (The connection is stable enough to play with people from other regions without hurting the server load)
But I think what he meant is that once you are in your regional server, anyone within your region, you can meet up with (doubt the facrt we have to group to leader warp everytime was meant to be the initial plan)

If someone knows if they are definately going to give us the option to actually just find a friend and hit join server or invite friend to server. Again, I had 9 friends on last night from uk alone, and no-one could see each other until we found the go to leader thing which is not easy to find initially.

Also, if anyone knows if the option to play with other regions is possible, I would love ot know as I've made some good friends form the us recently and it bugs me that I cannot play with them.

I play on the PS3-NA servers, and wanted a friend from UK to join....
Unfortunately, ultimately, he had to create a new "American" PSN profile and log in using that profile for us to be able to add each other in the in game friends list and team up. While he was using his UK profile, we were in the same location, but the game could not "see" him while trying to add him as a friend in game, (even though he was already in the friends list), and couldn't see him in game either.
So if you have a friend who's in UK or AUS and you're in NA, you might have to create a new profile for the same place they are at, or vice versa. Not sure if USA players can play with people from South America (I would assume South American countries also fall under NA) - But again, not sure... Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention, and as Sledge has indicated below... You'll need to start a new character (whoever's going to be creating the new profile)...

** Apologies for any mistakes or such if I've made any... **

Sledgehammer70
07-29-2013, 03:27 PM
With the release of the Castithan DLC the Defiance client on Xbox 360 will allow players to choose a region (NA or EU). Players on PlayStation 3 will get this same update a short time after the launch of the DLC.

At this time we will not offer the ability to move over existing characters, so you will need to create a new character on that regional server.

MartyrMarcus
07-29-2013, 04:28 PM
With the release of the Castithan DLC the Defiance client on Xbox 360 will allow players to choose a region (NA or EU). Players on PlayStation 3 will get this same update a short time after the launch of the DLC.

At this time we will not offer the ability to move over existing characters, so you will need to create a new character on that regional server.

Wait.

At this time

Does this mean that it may perhaps come in the future? perhaps a paid service? I'm totally fine with that, EU seems dead compared to NA.

Krauser
07-29-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm gonna make a Casti to run around the EU servers with, as soon as PS3 gets this. :(

Should be interesting.