PDA

View Full Version : Whos watching the XBox 720/infinity and beyond/just "xbox" Reveal this afternoon

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 04:25 AM
please no hate just yet, we don't know any certain facts until the conference so save it for later.
It does seem MS backed down on the "always on" issue so i can get interested again. who else is watching? maybe we should use this a as a live chat to discuss the reveal as it happens

MstrJedi_Kyle
05-21-2013, 04:32 AM
I'll be watching for a definitive answer about the always online rumor. More than likely though, there will just be vague beating around the bush with no actual answer.

lambo7
05-21-2013, 04:35 AM
i'm not worried about the "always on" they better not change the controller and they better make it backward compatible! ! !

Ezzack Hunt
05-21-2013, 04:35 AM
this will just be a prequel to the E3 announcement. EA have said that they will be showing FIFA. Whoop De Do!!

Maximilion
05-21-2013, 04:44 AM
I'll be watching it tonight (UK), and am quite excited - I predict the 'always on' thing is not going to happen - they'd have to be insane to insist on that.

Couldn't care less about Kinect 2.0 but I really want backwards compatibility with xbox and 360 titles otherwise I'm going to have to have yet another box under the TV.

I also don't want them to alter the pad in any way - it's the best designed gamepad ever and really comfortable to use for hours on end. Dual-shock gives me cramp after an hour.

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 04:51 AM
I'm hoping for confirmation of no Always ON and a clone of the 360 pad with a megadrive d-pad.
Agreed i hate the dual shock controllers , i keep my eyes open for a 3rd part ps2 pad that doesn't use the dual shock design but no luck yet.
If the 720 is always on im scrugged because i dont always have net (complicated todo with an agreement with my neibour) and the duelshock just kills my hands, and well the Wii u just no

duction
05-21-2013, 04:59 AM
Where can we watch it in the UK? And what time is it?

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 05:02 AM
Where can we watch it in the UK? And what time is it?

go to your xbox dashboard there will be a big banner click it to get the app (do this in advance) and once your in there will be a count down, its in about 5.30 ish (uk time, i know because im uk too)

Grit
05-21-2013, 05:22 AM
I hope the controller doesn't change, no need to honestly, it works fine.

i don't like 720.. i like saying neXt BOX :)

Combo Breaker
05-21-2013, 05:24 AM
I hope the controller doesn't change, no need to honestly, it works fine.

i don't like 720.. i like saying neXt BOX :)

I do hope they just call it XBOX.

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 05:31 AM
I do hope they just call it XBOX.

i personally like infinity which ms have claimed some web adress's for
so either the new xbox will be called xbox infinity or some xbox service/accessory will be.
As for just xbox i really hate that name,
A: it shows a move to copy apples tactics and marketing schemes
B: conversations about original xbox and xbox 360 can get confusing enough
since its now assumed if you say xbox you mean the 360 so were going to have to call it 3rd gen xbox

Cl Chaos
05-21-2013, 05:36 AM
please no hate just yet, we don't know any certain facts until the conference so save it for later.
It does seem MS backed down on the "always on" issue so i can get interested again. who else is watching? maybe we should use this a as a live chat to discuss the reveal as it happens

things we know it will not be always on its called XBox and will play blu-ray

Combo Breaker
05-21-2013, 05:41 AM
i personally like infinity which ms have claimed some web adress's for
so either the new xbox will be called xbox infinity or some xbox service/accessory will be.
As for just xbox i really hate that name,
A: it shows a move to copy apples tactics and marketing schemes
B: conversations about original xbox and xbox 360 can get confusing enough
since its now assumed if you say xbox you mean the 360 so were going to have to call it 3rd gen xbox

True. If it does retain Xbox with an additional word I kinda hope it isn't infinity.

"Yo man I'm gonna hop on the Infinity and play some COD." Huh?

Cl Chaos
05-21-2013, 05:44 AM
i just hope our gamer score carries over I've heard rumors of a new system being used for gs ><

duction
05-21-2013, 05:47 AM
I bet the infinity bit will be the new xbox live name

SkullGang
05-21-2013, 05:49 AM
I was but not anymore. Funny how today I popped in Defiance and while patching the screen froze, made the fans go crazy and gave me the red dot of death. Don't know if this is some sick joke or I just have bad luck.

Combo Breaker
05-21-2013, 05:51 AM
i just hope our gamer score carries over I've heard rumors of a new system being used for gs ><

It would suck to lose my Gamerscore. While not super high I put the effort in to get it. Almost 60k and would be less than half that if I put out no effort.

Combo Breaker
05-21-2013, 05:53 AM
I was but not anymore. Funny how today I popped in Defiance and while patching the screen froze, made the fans go crazy and gave me the red dot of death. Don't know if this is some sick joke or I just have bad luck.

Did you pull a flashlight out and check your vents for dust buildup? #1 cause of red dot/red rings. You said your fans freaked out. You might look.

Cl Chaos
05-21-2013, 05:54 AM
It would suck to lose my Gamerscore. While not super high I put the effort in to get it. Almost 60k and would be less than half that if I put out no effort.

ya i hear u I've had my 360 3 months after launch so my gs is out there but to lose it all will be devastating but thinking about it windows phone 8 windows 8 and surface all use the same system for gamerscore so here's hoping that rumor is just that

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 06:15 AM
God yea i only have 10500 gs (i got my 360 very late) but i don't want to lose them and my xbl purchase's i cant afford to buy them again. MS have mentioned a summer dashboard updated to ease the transition and allow cross compatibility, im betting that that will allow you to transfer you account to the 720. it also suggests decent backwards compatibility possibly cross platform online too

SYN BLACK XS
05-21-2013, 06:21 AM
I'm hoping for confirmation of no Always ON and a clone of the 360 pad with a megadrive d-pad.
Agreed i hate the dual shock controllers , i keep my eyes open for a 3rd part ps2 pad that doesn't use the dual shock design but no luck yet.
If the 720 is always on im scrugged because i dont always have net (complicated todo with an agreement with my neibour) and the duelshock just kills my hands, and well the Wii u just no

XCM Cross Battle Adapter. Use your 360 controller on your PS3

TheFool
05-21-2013, 06:22 AM
3 hours 40 minutes...

Cl Chaos
05-21-2013, 06:22 AM
we will find out soon :D

we all have our fears of what is to come losing gamerscore will put me off of XBox

TheFool
05-21-2013, 06:25 AM
we will find out soon :D

we all have our fears of what is to come losing gamerscore will put me off of XBox

So virtual points which in no way you gain anything from affects your decision? o_O I have nearly 80k gamerscore and could care less if we had to make new accounts which I highly doubt is going to happen. I will be getting the new xbox regardless of anything they show today.

MstrJedi_Kyle
05-21-2013, 06:26 AM
I really hope they don't change the controller. Never before has there been a design so comfortable. I played my 360 for about 16 hours the other day. Can't do that with anything else it just starts to hurt.

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 06:33 AM
XCM Cross Battle Adapter. Use your 360 controller on your PS3
Hmm sounds interesting, didnt know these adapters existed.
just need something so i can play my ps2 without the handcramp, not a fan of the original xbox pads and gamecube pads don't have enough buttons so i need 360ish controller for the ps2

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 06:35 AM
I really hope they don't change the controller. Never before has there been a design so comfortable. I played my 360 for about 16 hours the other day. Can't do that with anything else it just starts to hurt.

yea the 360 controller is amazing no hand cramp what so ever even after an all day session

Zugo
05-21-2013, 07:23 AM
This will be an interesting day. I'm mostly concerned with the backward compatibility. Oh and anything that gives me an excuse to buy more toys.

Mclaren F1
05-21-2013, 08:10 AM
I just hope we get to see it, not like that stupid PS4 blurred advert crap & we still have to wait for 10th June to see it.

bodybag360
05-21-2013, 08:18 AM
I have had xbox live for almost 9 years now. But with what i have seen so far from ps4, i think i am switching back to playstation. They have a good set of launch games. DIABLO 3!!!!! being one of them.

This is still a rumor, but PS4 games are coded in 1080p 3D at 60 FPS. Which means no more games under 60 FPS.
At this point, i am just going by who has the better internal hardware. And it seems PS4 will take that one.

Chilmeister
05-21-2013, 08:55 AM
All i care about is porting over my existing gamer account including all the gamer score and acheivs. I also want to carry over all the games ive downloaded via the store if none of this can happen then i might aswell get the PS4.

FrkyDkyDutch
05-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Microsoft is definitely doing a good job of keeping any information about their system from the public. There are definitely a lot of articles speculating on what the new Xbox is going to support and what it isn't. Guess all we can do is wait and see.

What I am hoping for is that they just dub the new machine with the original name. Also, I hope they bring to light about possibly having g add-kns for their new system. What do I mean by this? I mean as the machine ages, they release hardware updates throughout the years as well. So the hardcore gamers came update their systems as time goes on and the casual can have the standard Xbox, which is fully capable of doing what they want but would not be totally out of their budget or needs.

I have grown accustomed to their controllers so I am fine with them not updating those or making the system backwards compatible with the older controllers. Like most of my friends I could care less about the Kinect. The background noise from people who use it as a microphone gets out of hand at times. Hopefully you can stream the video at any time this afternoon ... working during the unveiling.

WBuchanan
05-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Seriously, gamer score? This is a big concern? oh my. Also, if the new xbox is blu-ray people better not be expecting it to be able to play xbox 360 game discs.

I don't care about any of those things. Gamer score doesn't matter one bit. If "backwards compatibility" for 360 game discs (or whatever your thing is) is such a big deal then keep your 360. Pretty simple.

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Also, if the new xbox is blu-ray people better not be expecting it to be able to play xbox 360 game discs.
What makes you say that, every blu-ray drive on any device has the ability to read standard dvds and 360 games are on standad dvd-roms.
9mins

PaladinPoleto
05-21-2013, 09:42 AM
I will be at work when the reveal video comes out. Does anyone know if I will be able to watch it using the app after it has already aired?

gamingreal
05-21-2013, 09:43 AM
it on in 5 mins, but im sure it will be on youtube

PaladinPoleto
05-21-2013, 09:46 AM
it on in 5 mins, but im sure it will be on youtube

Thanks, thats what i figured.....I have to teach until 3 eastern time and by then the reveal will have been over for a while. I will just creep on here during my prep to try to figure out the specs and what not.

WBuchanan
05-21-2013, 09:50 AM
What makes you say that, every blu-ray drive on any device has the ability to read standard dvds and 360 games are on standad dvd-roms.
9mins

I stand corrected, don't own a blu-ray player. Assumptions are bad kids.

PaladinPoleto
05-21-2013, 09:51 AM
I stand corrected, don't own a blu-ray player. Assumptions are bad kids.

But now you know..... and knowing is half the battle!

WBuchanan
05-21-2013, 10:37 AM
But now you know..... and knowing is half the battle!

My point remains the same.

A s0t
05-21-2013, 10:56 AM
they started talking about cod had to turn it off. when they ban the cheaters ill be interested in cod

Poptimus
05-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Moar unimaginative shooters...

Just what consoles need.

TheFool
05-22-2013, 01:01 AM
The reveal was fackin amazing and definitely looking forward to more at E3. The hardware microsoft has put into their console really rivals the ps4. This gen of gaming is going to be a very tight knit comparison between each other. Xbox one is truly an all in one entertainment device, blowing the ps4 right out of the water with three, thats right, THREE different OS in the system bring'n to us all one hell of a masterpiece of a console. the new kinect actually looks worth having now. And the slightly modified xbox controller is awesome, they did not have to change really anything on it though, it was already the best controller out there. The new engine that they are building COD:Ghosts on is looking really good, enabling them to make higher res textures and overall just make the game look better. I complete overhaul of the way the game feels and looks and enables them to get really creative with the things that the new hardware and engine enable them to do with the game, definitely one to watch for at E3 and up to the awesome month of November.