05-21-2013, 10:01 AM
oh yes. let it be awesome.

MRE
05-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Gonna check out PStation

A s0t
05-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Gonna check out PStation
gonna be free online to play like the current version im gonna guess; and oh noes it doesn't have halo or gow, will it have the pshome? you know where you can walk around and not just sit on the dashboard and just your friends can see what crap you got for you avatar. yes everyone can see your avatar on xbox.com but that to much of a hassle

MRE
05-21-2013, 11:22 AM
I live in a busy and noisy house, gotta expect that when you have kids and grandchildren. It just is not practical to expect the perfect environment for the new machine XBox One, sad to say.

nikra
05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
I live in a busy and noisy house, gotta expect that when you have kids and grandchildren. It just is not practical to expect the perfect environment for the new machine XBox One, sad to say.

I live with an accent that is notoriously bad for voice recognition so I wasn't impressed by it. Plus remote hunting is the most excercise some people get.

MRE
05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
gonna be free online to play like the current version im gonna guess; and oh noes it doesn't have halo or gow, will it have the pshome? you know where you can walk around and not just sit on the dashboard and just your friends can see what crap you got for you avatar. yes everyone can see your avatar on xbox.com but that to much of a hassle

Never bothered playing dress-up with my avatar, I have my grandkids dolls for that lol. Seriously never got into GOW or Halo but really like Fallout 3 and that type of game. Probably a whole new backlog of games to like on a new format.

A s0t
05-21-2013, 11:35 AM
fallout 4 please come at me, Bethesda

mrgrimezHD
05-21-2013, 11:42 AM

Amen to that :cool:

MRE
05-21-2013, 11:45 AM

Oh yes, talk dirty to me, say it is so. AND on a gaming platform that will not disappear cause my little ones say Simpsons.

A s0t
05-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Oh yes, talk dirty to me, say it is so.

fallout 4 with running narration of bastion: the wandering traveler just picked up his V.A.T.S...

MRE
05-21-2013, 11:57 AM
AND another thing. Did anyone think when that guy who gave the demonstration,when he was waving his hands and giving voice commands that there was someone off-stage typing in the appropriate commands to a computer. Maybe its just the cynical and disappointed me.

nikra
05-21-2013, 11:59 AM
AND another thing. Did anyone think when that guy who gave the demonstration,when he was waving his hands and giving voice commands that there was someone off-stage typing in the appropriate commands to a computer. Maybe its just the cynical and disappointed me.

Had that thought myself lol

MRE
05-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Had that thought myself lol

Its a pretty signature. Now lets talk Fallout 4 before this topic gets locked.

Shepard Command
05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, looks great and all, but wait, MircroScam is making it so that you have to install the games to you hard drive and then its linked solely to YOUR xbox, and if you buy a game used, you have to pay an additional fee to lock it to your hard drive. samething applies to EVERYONE and EVERY, SINGLE, GAME (so far)

Zugo
05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Does anyone have a decent link to the full video? The site is down, and I kinda want to see the news from work.

MRE
05-21-2013, 12:15 PM
I have been reminded (sorry mods) this is the area to not talk about Fallout 4.
Rather all things XBox, all things Defiance.The new patch fixed very little.
The new XBOX ONE is not backwards compatible.
I am 56 years old. Has anyone figured out how many xbox 360s I will need (bearing in mind I have never had the rings of doom) to last me until I am threescore years and ten.
I figure I will also be playing Defiance till then as well.

jaymee82
05-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Shut up and take my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A s0t
05-21-2013, 12:19 PM
I have been reminded (sorry mods) this is the area to not talk about Fallout 4.
Rather all things XBox, all things Defiance.The new patch fixed very little.
The new XBOX ONE is not backwards compatible.
I am 56 years old. Has anyone figured out how many xbox 360s I will need (bearing in mind I have never had the rings of doom) to last me until I am threescore years and ten.
I figure I will also be playing Defiance till then as well.

i bought 4 xbox in the span of 5 years my first white one (E-74) a 60 gig white one returned it for halo reach slim (it cant read disk after getting out of halo waypoint even dvd) and currently on a halo 4 slim

jaymee82
05-21-2013, 12:23 PM
i bought 4 xbox in the span of 5 years my first white one (E-74) a 60 gig white one returned it for halo reach slim (it cant read disk after getting out of halo waypoint even dvd) and currently on a halo 4 slim

I have been very lucky when it comes to consoles, I am still running my launch day Gen 1 Xenon motherboard, only RROD once, got it repaired and like I said, still going strong, I love my xenon

MRE
05-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I have been very lucky when it comes to consoles, I am still running my launch day Gen 1 Xenon motherboard, only RROD once, got it repaired and like I said, still going strong, I love my xenon

What the heck is xenon?
How well is it playing Defiance. In the UK the series is on in 20 mins. (Notice how I segued DEFIANCE, twice).

jaymee82
05-21-2013, 12:54 PM
What the heck is xenon?
How well is it playing Defiance. In the UK the series is on in 20 mins. (Notice how I segued DEFIANCE, twice).

Xenon was the name given to the first xbox 360 motherboard, Non-HDMI with the crappy heatsinks, I upgraded the heatsinks to the jasper heatsinks soon as I could. It plays defiance fine, it plays all games fine

MRE
05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Xenon was the name given to the first xbox 360 motherboard, Non-HDMI with the crappy heatsinks, I upgraded the heatsinks to the jasper heatsinks soon as I could. It plays defiance fine, it plays all games fine

Every time you write I love you more. I shall go to bed tonight thinking 'Jasper Heatsinks' can help Defiance run on an older machine. Oh lawd 'Jasper Heatsinks'

jaymee82
05-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Every time you write I love you more. I shall go to bed tonight thinking 'Jasper Heatsinks' can help Defiance run on an older machine. Oh lawd 'Jasper Heatsinks'

It can be handy to know these things

Ryme
05-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I do not have a console, but I am sad for console players that this is what they're giving you. I'm also slightly concerned that most of you are excited by a few gimmicks and missing the entire pitfall of all the restrictions and limitations they're adding to the system.

Hopefully they get the hardware right on the first try, so that you don't all end up having to repurchase your games if it rings out to whatever color it does, when it burns out.

Gamertainment
05-21-2013, 01:38 PM
I was very dissappointed I see myself having to adapt to the horrible PS controller in the future.

A s0t
05-21-2013, 01:41 PM
I was very dissappointed I see myself having to adapt to the horrible PS controller in the future.
right bumper shoots your gun lol serious

Gamertainment
05-21-2013, 01:48 PM

Please say it isn't so? The PS controller is designed with midgets in mind? I hated the launch it really felt as if they are losing sight why most people like consoles to play games! As for kinnect urghhh.

born2beagator
05-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Please say it isn't so? The PS controller is designed with midgets in mind? I hated the launch it really felt as if they are losing sight why most people like consoles to play games! As for kinnect urghhh.
Blame social media and people that want EVERYTHING in one package. I miss the days when you bought gaming consoles for gaming, plus more attention goes to the development of the game when it is the only option.

Its all giant mess of greed with today's game console developers. They add all that crap so they can jack up the price.

A s0t
05-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Please say it isn't so? The PS controller is designed with midgets in mind? I hated the launch it really felt as if they are losing sight why most people like consoles to play games! As for kinnect urghhh.it is so i play MAG on occasion and i die alot cause i switch equipment instead of shooting... and then when i play xbox i die cause im switching gernades reloading the gun and not shooting using the right bumper

MRE
05-21-2013, 02:31 PM

Hello Ryme, you wrote, 'I'm also slightly concerned that most of you are excited by a few gimmicks'.
Well from what I have seen on this thread so far aint no one excited by gimmicks except me and thats because i like the words 'Jasper Heatsinks'
Now if you do not own a console and you have played DEFIANCE (TM) then it must be, Ta-Dah,on a PC. Bet your jealous cause your Politically Confused mc dont have the option for upgrades like 'Jasper Heatsinks'
Politically Confused? Yup, as an xbox360 owner I would vote for nothing but that machine against the playstation and never consider my pc in the running even against the latter mc.
Why?
I want a games machine that can run expandable (on the fly, day and night) games, just games and DVDs. Thats all I want.
A PC is a workhorse but a jack-of-all-trades, IMO the gaming community is not after this in another plastic box, we just want to put our thingy in and play games.

born2beagator
05-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Hello Ryme, you wrote, 'I'm also slightly concerned that most of you are excited by a few gimmicks'.
Well from what I have seen on this thread so far aint no one excited by gimmicks except me and thats because i like the words 'Jasper Heatsinks'
Now if you do not own a console and you have played DEFIANCE (TM) then it must be, Ta-Dah,on a PC. Bet your jealous cause your Politically Confused mc dont have the option for upgrades like 'Jasper Heatsinks'
Politically Confused? Yup, as an xbox360 owner I would vote for nothing but that machine against the playstation and never consider my pc in the running even against the latter mc.
Why?
I want a games machine that can run expandable (on the fly, day and night) games, just games and DVDs. Thats all I want.
A PC is a workhorse but a jack-of-all-trades, IMO the gaming community is not after this in another plastic box, we just want to put our thingy in and play games.
EXACTLY. I could care less about the extra features. I just want to play games on my gaming console.

jaymee82
05-21-2013, 02:33 PM
because i like the words 'Jasper Heatsinks'

This made me lol

A s0t
05-21-2013, 02:36 PM

yes i want back to basics, but have the ability to download apps that i see fit, i don't use facebook, twitter i only have an email cause xbox. you really need one. there only spam in it anyways

Anderson
05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
we just want to put our thingy in and play games.

o_o
I think I might not have been taking full advantage of the features of the 360 then.

A s0t
05-21-2013, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72nrFIgFNB4

duction
05-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I have 2 on pre Order through game.co.uk :)

MRE
05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Thank You A s0t, that Cracked me up! Oh man I could not stop laughing, Thank you,Thank you.
And I can honestly say we should end this thread here.
So in conclusion I am now waiting for a game machine that can play Defiance the way it should be played and sorry but i am NOT going PC on this one.

GodBunny
05-21-2013, 03:33 PM
8-core proccessor... 8gig ram... 500gb hdd... blu-ray...... and oh so much more under the hood, this things should easily play defiance at full spec... trion should start optimizing for it now... so effing excited!!!

Hammer Strike
05-21-2013, 03:43 PM
I find it funny how some of the 360 brigade said that, and I will use quotes "Blu ray is going to die on it's arse and the 360 or next Xbox doesn't need it". Funny that this media format has dominated and now the Xbox One has it they are creaming in their tidy whities because of this. The specs of One are pretty nice mind, shame it looks like a Betamax recorder

Giotto
05-21-2013, 04:05 PM
It seems us europeans are getting overlooked with both consoles..

You got the xbox one on one hand. With all its NFL NBA rubbish that 99.9% of europeans couldnt care less about. The Kinect B.S will introduce a whole new meaning to 'Sexual Predators' online.

Then you got the ps4. With its arthuritis enducing controller, Made for the hands of little chinamen. Built for the 'social crowd' with all the facebook and twitter rubbish.

I think im going to have to invest in a decent gaming PC. As neither of these latest consoles appeal to me at all.

MRE
05-21-2013, 04:10 PM
I find it funny how some of the 360 brigade said that, and I will use quotes "Blu ray is going to die on it's arse and the 360 or next Xbox doesn't need it". Funny that this media format has dominated and now the Xbox One has it they are creaming in their tidy whities because of this. The stats of One are pretty nice mind, shame it looks like a Betamax recorder

Hello, and may I say I do not doubt that you, as liberal minded as you are (after all you crossed into xbox territory) will understand the irony of PSN I d telling an xbox owner what he already knows. Instead extol the virtues of the invissy box we have yet to see. How well will it run Defiance is the question, maybe some kind soul from the team at TRION could at the appropriate time be letting us in on a few bits of info on relative gameplay.
If its a good machine they could sell it in a cardboard box for all I care. I will paint it with a rainbow and call it ????
I call mine george, what do you call yours.

Hammer Strike
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Hello, and may I say I do not doubt that you, as liberal minded as you are (after all you crossed into xbox territory) will understand the irony of PSN I d telling an xbox owner what he already knows. Instead extol the virtues of the invissy box we have yet to see. How well will it run Defiance is the question, maybe some kind soul from the team at TRION could at the appropriate time be letting us in on a few bits of info on relative gameplay.
If its a good machine they could sell it in a cardboard box for all I care. I will paint it with a rainbow and call it ???? I call mine george, what do you call yours.

Are you hinting that I may be a Sony fanboy? Not at all good sir. I own both a PS3 and 360 and enjoy them both thoroughly. I simply do not like the direction that the design department took with the new console, oh and should I ever become the owner of a giant vcr clone I will name it Paulson Ginsberg in memory of its inventor

Payback
05-21-2013, 05:04 PM
I will definitely be getting the Xbox One. I game but also enjoy my Xbox Music, Videos and many of the apps that are available on my 360. Everyone will still get premium game service as the specs match the PS3 but they will have improved integration of all the other stuff. I really am tired of the idiots who continue to quote stupid rumors as if they are gospel. Many of them have been disproved already for example the Xbox infinity name and the always on connection. Now they didn't go into depth on the games but it has confirmed at least 15 Xbox exclusive titles 8 of which will be new IP's. I expect a lot more info on games at E3. Well at least there was actually hardware to look at for there release. Looking forward to E3 and the Xbox One's release!

Payback
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
If its a good machine they could sell it in a cardboard box for all I care. I will paint it with a rainbow and call it ????
I call mine george, what do you call yours.

Just like most PS3 owners named theirs "George Forman" in honor of it's designer!!!

MRE
05-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Are you hinting that I may be a Sony fanboy? Not at all good sir. I own both a PS3 and 360 and enjoy them both thoroughly. I simply do not like the direction that the design department took with the new console, oh and should I ever become the owner of a giant vcr clone I will name it Paulson Ginsberg in memory of its inventor

You realise of course (subject to a Paulson Ginsberg Written contract) that, if I have an XBOX One thats what I will call it, if its the new playstation I will call it after you.
PS
Your Sig has no xbl name, but it matters not. We are all games players, Loyal to Our consoles and will play Defiance on whatever!

Agamemnon Von Doom
05-21-2013, 05:09 PM
I want one... Nice features.. And I hope they offer a nice iptv package..

The thing could look like a brick... I really don't care about a system looking cute.. I care what it does.

Payback
05-21-2013, 05:15 PM

The thing could look like a brick... I really don't care about a system looking cute.. I care what it does.

You sir are a WINNER! I couldn't agree more about how it looks!

JammyThumbs
05-21-2013, 05:21 PM
It seems us europeans are getting overlooked with both consoles..

You got the xbox one on one hand. With all its NFL NBA rubbish that 99.9% of europeans couldnt care less about. The Kinect B.S will introduce a whole new meaning to 'Sexual Predators' online.

Then you got the ps4. With its arthuritis enducing controller, Made for the hands of little chinamen. Built for the 'social crowd' with all the facebook and twitter rubbish.

I think im going to have to invest in a decent gaming PC. As neither of these latest consoles appeal to me at all.

^This^ From my understanding you need kinect with it, if they don't give you an option to buy without I for one will give it a miss. Besides the voice commands are not a good thing, getting up to look for the remote control is the most exercise some people get!

ScarfacedBuddha
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
I actually am excited for all of the peripheral uses of the XB1. You call them "gimmicks" yet I call it "streamlined use". I am an avid user of Netflix, Hulu Plus, IE9 on console, Skype and other varied uses of the 360. To think that I can add my DirecTV and other items to my Xbox is exciting for me. As I do not have a kinect now (My living space is too small), it sounds like the new kinect will not have the space requirement of the current device. Now, if we could get a running Pandora app on the XB1 instead of having to go through IE9, I'd really never use my laptop or HTC One X+ at home ever again. Once I'm home, I'd just say "xbox on" and start running it all from voice. That, to me, is exactly what I want. I'm not worried about it "always being online" or having to load the game onto the hard drive. I do not buy used games, I either buy them new or wait till prices drop anyway. And as soon as my xbox is on, I'm doing something through XBL anyway. I still have not bought a Blu-ray player, recently started looking at them, but seems I'll just wait and get the XB1. My only real concern about the XB1 is that it is not backwards compatible. My favorite franchise (Mass Effect) and now my favorite game (Defiance) Will not be playable on the XB1. That's disheartening. It would have been fantastic to gift my 360 to my little cousins who are stuck using the Wii, but looks like I'll have to keep it for when I'm feeling nostalgic and want to play some older games.

Agamemnon Von Doom
05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
^This^ From my understanding you need kinect with it, if they don't give you an option to buy without I for one will give it a miss. Besides the voice commands are not a good thing, getting up to look for the remote control is the most exercise some people get!

You don't need to use it... Problem solved.

A s0t
05-21-2013, 05:42 PM
I find it funny how some of the 360 brigade said that, and I will use quotes "Blu ray is going to die on it's arse and the 360 or next Xbox doesn't need it". Funny that this media format has dominated and now the Xbox One has it they are creaming in their tidy whities because of this. The specs of One are pretty nice mind, shame it looks like a Betamax recorder

blame the xxx industry for blue ray. that is also the reason why VHS and not betamax back in the day

loops73
05-21-2013, 07:58 PM

well said...I can't believe people actually cares what it looks like.

Hammer Strike
05-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Your Sig has no xbl name, but it matters not. We are all games players, Loyal to Our consoles and will play Defiance on whatever!

Thats because rarely play online on the 360 and have Defiance on the PS3. I am not saying people should not go out and get one, I will no doubt be an owner of both I just think it's ugly.

MRE
05-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Thats because rarely play online on the 360 and have Defiance on the PS3. I am not saying people should not go out and get one, I will no doubt be an owner of both I just think it's ugly.

Hi there, in your honest opinion, what is Defiance like on the PS3.
I think on the xbox it reminds me of Borderlands.
Yes I do like the game and the series and would not care how it comes to me, BUT it must be of good quality.

Hammer Strike
05-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Hi there, in your honest opinion, what is Defiance like on the PS3.
I think on the xbox it reminds me of Borderlands.
Yes I do like the game and the series and would not care how it comes to me, BUT it must be of good quality.

Honest opinion? Good but slightly broken. Hoping the upcoming 1.020 patch gets rid of most (if not all) bugs. The visuals are ok for a game of its size and apart from a few server time outs now and again there are always plenty of people online. I like the game and hope it's future is bright

MRE
05-22-2013, 02:26 AM
Thank you for your answer.

Hammer Strike
05-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Any time.

/10char

Ezzack Hunt
05-22-2013, 04:55 AM
hoping that PS+ members can download and play for free by Xmas.

MRE
05-22-2013, 07:54 AM
hoping that PS+ members can download and play for free by Xmas.

That would probably be my christmas present sown up then. :)

Kenshin42
05-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Read the first four posts on this and i got to say i find nothing wrong with Xbox One. I understand the 360 had a lot of problems being the red ring of death but heck it didn't hit everyone. My first Gen system lasted for almost five years before it crapped out. I haven't had a pc that lasted that long yet. Anyway i wouldn't call the can't play used games yet. This is still just a rumor and due to all the hate it is bringing i doubt it will really happen. I know there have been trusted sources on the matter but i doubt they would really screw themselves over by doing this. All that being said the stats on the Xbox One are amazing for a gaming console. I don't watch all that much TV so some of the features will be unused on me but at least that option is always there. Some say they are doing this for more money well the console will probably be close to the same price as the 360 launch price and maybe a little more. I have no problem paying a little more considering its coming with a kinect.

MacDeath
05-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Jasper Heatsinks could kick Leroy Jenkins *****.

jasper murtagh
05-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Jasper Heatsinks could kick Leroy Jenkins. and Heatsinks is my evil clone. On my mommy's side. Since it is not backwards compatiable, i can't play Definance and watch Across the Badlands. So looks I going have to be under $300 before I impulse buy.

Jafo
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I quite enjoyed the reveal. I like the new features quite a bit and eagerly looking forward to E3 to see the games. I can't understand why people are disappointed that the reveal didnt show more games when they clearly stated up front that this would be about the console.

Sad for Defiance though. Sorta. I mean, I havent played in a month, especially since NeverWinter came out, but I still follow the game. Hoping that thinks will get ironed out (doesn't sound like they have yet) If I do get a ONE (which, duh) i'm certainly not gonna keep the 360 around for one mediocre game that still has many issues.

I'll keep the 360 in reserve though in case ONE dies or something.

Chilmeister
05-22-2013, 08:43 AM
I just thought what the hell, its a big black VCR how the hell is it going to fit in my nice new slim tv unit. I mean seriously how big and blocky did that thing look. Even the video promo for it was like watching a betamax vcr launch.

I dont see me getting it, probably quit this defiance account and start again on steam ready for when they bring out their console.

Kenshin42
05-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I just thought what the hell, its a big black VCR how the hell is it going to fit in my nice new slim tv unit. I mean seriously how big and blocky did that thing look. Even the video promo for it was like watching a betamax vcr launch.

I dont see me getting it, probably quit this defiance account and start again on steam ready for when they bring out their console.

Considering all the power it has and all the things it can do its not all that big. Its on average with a desktop PC now.