PDA

View Full Version : Lack of server selection (regional/local) made you question preorder?

code 117
03-23-2013, 01:14 AM
If a mod does view this, can you please answer my question below. Alot of this is just a bit of stress relief, I do love the game but just a bit disappointed.

I am now a little disappointed. The faq did state servers are regional but then added a very confusing aftermark that once in game you then just have to join your friends. Which sounded like you could still play with people over the pond.

I understand that for an mmo that regional players on one server could make it stressful to server load, but now that it is also next to impossible to find your friends from the same region on the game, it makes me wonder how long I will play the game.

I bought this for the big thing going for it, the MMO part. I love this game, I've played all three betas now and the alpha and still will go back for more on the full release, but not for as long as i thought. To get to the same server of local (same region) friends you have to group invite which makes it very difficult when the are more than 4 of you (Couldn't we just have a join friends server option on the dpad same as go to leader option on group)
There should also be a clan option aswell for this.

I was severly disappointed that there are now also many areas that, if your not in a group, will seperate groups, like the prison which I wanted to storm with my friends (again we have 9 of us total, 3 groups).

I'm hoping they will say that they are working on the friends can join their other friends server option without having to be in their group. (Oh, which I will say the whole 'if they are in your friends list or clan you will get priority' is not true, not once have any of us been in the same server when we've started the game)
The whole single group areas liek the prison, I don't mind as much, there is logic behind it, just wish there was a way around it.

This game is amazing but the fact it is actually making it difficult to play with friends, is my only problem. I know there are glitches and bugs, quest breaking/ game breaking etc, but these can be ironed out woth patches. The way social is done, doesn't look to be a short fix and will lose my interest very quickly.

What is the point of an MMO, when it is difficult to play with any of your friends.

Now, my question for the mod.
Is the fact we cannot join friends easily when we load the game up and they are already in their own servers actually designed like that?
If it something that is being worked on or it isn't working correctly, that may make me feel better.
Also, same question but with clans instead.

Optional question
Are they trying to figure a way to allow regional players to play with one another through clans.
I already knwo the servers are regional locked, hd my suspisions when you announced the ps3 american and european release dates were different.

If you answer this, thank you for reading my question. If you don't thenobviously you won't see this part anyway. If you read teh whole thing, you really are a fast reader or really diligent in your job, and alot of it is just a venting of not being able to play with a few friends on a great game.

Thanks.
Code.

TRMC606
03-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Regional/local made alot of my friends question if their gonna get the game, just for the simple fact we cant team up (US/EU). Not being able to play with friends and if known before the release of the game, I can always cancel (supersadface) or play it when theres non of my friends online.

OcelotKharn
03-23-2013, 02:09 AM
Regional/local made alot of my friends question if their gonna get the game, just for the simple fact we cant team up (US/EU). Not being able to play with friends and if known before the release of the game, I can always cancel (supersadface) or play it when theres non of my friends online.

I think this function is only available in the full release

Quebra Regra
03-23-2013, 04:45 AM
*sadface*

Being that I play with freinds across the world, this has me VERY, very concerned.

I played for a few hours last night, but honestly, this game isn't ground breaking enough for me to consider an actual purchase if I have to write-off half my mates due to being in different regions.

I'd be wanting a dev to confirm or deny before I'll actually buy.

Drayven
03-23-2013, 05:04 AM
It seem like all of us that want to play with our friends across the pond are in the same sinking ship.

I would like to hear what dev has to say about this issue

Dray

XDarkPhoenixX
03-23-2013, 05:12 AM
+1. I also vote a Dev should Confirm or deny being able to play with any/all my friends from any region/location.

Also I'm from Australia. So am I on the US (closer) or the EU servers?

SpazQ
03-23-2013, 05:54 AM
not gonna lie was hyped up to play just even the beta then to find out i cant play with my friends across the pond seriously the fk? this is actually more annoying than the lag, i asked a gm on support if i can play with my friends across the pond he said i would be able to come full release but i highly doubt it cause no gms or anyone has replied to any threads regarding this