PDA

View Full Version : Weapons and Text Color?

Shreddi
05-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Why hell do they color text different on weapons? Nothing is consistent with that at all. White is as powerful or more so then any yellow or blue. I have a Purple with all mod slots full and the White is a better DPS weapon. Is there any reason to have text different colors for weapons. Or are there a few devs with there own rating system not communicating with the others so now nothing makes sense. Thank you very much.

DAWG
05-21-2013, 04:10 PM
It apparently is only a guideline for the rarity of bonuses on weapons. However it is possible to get a much better weapon of lower rating, due to the insanely random RNG! There is, or at least, seems to be no real rhyme nor reason to the weapon system and it's benefits on higher tiers.

TIER ONE
05-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Your white weapon is prob a higher weapon level then the purple....i just removed my purple shield ive had for awhile for a blue with better stats. Purple or even Orange gear doesnt mean that there isnt better stuff out there...keeps things fresh i guess

DAWG
05-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Shields and grenades tend to be obviously better as you go up EGO ranks. Weapons however are completely all over the place.

rReves
05-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Shields and grenades scale (a little) with ego ratings.

Weapon base stats are completely static (exactly the same at ego lvl 1 as at ego lvl 5000).

Some of the bonuses on weapons get a little better at higher ego ratings.

The higher the quality grade (color) of a weapon the more bonus stats the weapon can (but not necessarily does) have.
I have an orange weapon with no nano damage, a synergy and 1 bonus stat. I had a green with 1 synergy and 2 bonus stats.
But..
I also have an orange weapon with nano dmg, melee nano, synergy and 4 bonus stats (+ xp bonus stat). You'll never find that on a green.
The 'higher' the color the more potential. This doesn't mean an orange is always better than a green. Or a white even.
=> don't mind the color of weapons, it's all about the bonus stats, nanos and synergies. The best of the best will still be orange though because these can have more bonuses than any other color.

thebigrig
05-21-2013, 11:54 PM
You also have to be comparing the exact same weapon, shield or grenade when it comes to rarity color. You can't say I have a green SAW thats better then this orange "any other LMG" so orange weapons suck. You have to compare apples to apples. The majority of the time an orange SAW will be better then a green one.

PitBull76
05-22-2013, 02:04 AM
You also have to be comparing the exact same weapon, shield or grenade when it comes to rarity color. You can't say I have a green SAW thats better then this orange "any other LMG" so orange weapons suck. You have to compare apples to apples. The majority of the time an orange SAW will be better then a green one.

Orange weapons will usually have better bonuses than those of a different color also. Granted an orange weapon with EGO 1000 will most likely not be as good as the same weapon in purple with EGO 5000.

EGO and rarity both play a part in the quality of the weapons as far as I can tell. So the best weapons right now would be EGO 5000 orange...and good luck grabbing those.

tempestfury
06-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Shields and grenades scale (a little) with ego ratings.

Weapon base stats are completely static (exactly the same at ego lvl 1 as at ego lvl 5000).

Some of the bonuses on weapons get a little better at higher ego ratings.

The higher the quality grade (color) of a weapon the more bonus stats the weapon can (but not necessarily does) have.
I have an orange weapon with no nano damage, a synergy and 1 bonus stat. I had a green with 1 synergy and 2 bonus stats.
But..
I also have an orange weapon with nano dmg, melee nano, synergy and 4 bonus stats (+ xp bonus stat). You'll never find that on a green.
The 'higher' the color the more potential. This doesn't mean an orange is always better than a green. Or a white even.
=> don't mind the color of weapons, it's all about the bonus stats, nanos and synergies. The best of the best will still be orange though because these can have more bonuses than any other color.
I have an orange weapon with no bonuses and no nano its just another color text weapon that's harder to get period. that's what trion tells me.