PDA

View Full Version : Defiance: Patch 1.020 Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Sledgehammer70
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Patch 1.020 will arrive on Thursday, May 23rd 7:00AM PT and we plan to have 4 hours of scheduled downtime. Below you will find a link to the official patch notes, but please utilize this thread for discussion around the upcoming content.

Patch 1.020 - Buckshot (Stay on Target)

GENERAL
● Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show. This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges! (To highlight again, this content is not going live on May 23rd. It will be released along side new episodes from the TV show.)
● We’ve continued to optimize areas around the game world to improve performance.
● Even more updates to improve server performance.
● The PvP map, Freight Yard, is back!
● The Dam Defense Hotshot is available again.

MISSIONS
● Added new checkpoints to KTAM and Murder Island.
● Moved the Mount Tam mission offer animus for ‘A.R.M. the Troops.’ Players could sometimes see it on the map but not get the mission.
● Fixed the endlessly respawning Raiders at Verdant Ridge.

CHALLENGES
● Rebalanced Hotshot and Rampage medal score tiers.
● Corrected rewards given out for the Challenges in Marin.
● Killing yourself no longer successfully completes Challenges.

EMERGENCIES
● Moved an emergency in Marin that was blocking a Time Trial route.
● Moved an emergency in Madera away from an extraction point.
● Set Completion Text to play at end of fight instead of when props despawn for the following Emergencies: Hostage Situation, Hijacked Vehicles, Raider Roadblock, Dark Matter E-Rep Firefight, and Mutant Search Party.
● Added EGO voiceover after completion of the following Emergencies: Mutant Search Party, Dark Matter Camp, and Hijacked Vehicles.
● Removed timer display at the end of ‘Caught in the Crossfire.’
● Optimized and fixed some pathing issues in ‘Blockade.’
● Fixed a truck that had an odd rotation in Sausalito.
● Fixed some floating objects in Marin Emergencies.
● Fixed a bug that caused trucks to not despawn after ‘Dark Matter Camp.’

ARKFALLS
● Continued optimization to address performance issues.
● General balance tuning for Hellbug Destroy Arkfalls.
● General balance tuning for Scrapper Destroy Arkfalls.
● General balance tuning for Mutant Destroy Arkfalls.
● Added additional rewards and increased the chance to get weapons instead of grenades from Major Arkfalls.
● Fixed bug with Minor Kill Arkfall crystals being vulnerable to attack.
● Fixed several issues which resulted in the premature despawning of crystals at Minor Destroy Arkfalls.

PLAYER CHARACTER
● Nano effects that kill your character should now be cleared after extracting.
● Fixed cameras while incapacitated so that the camera won’t clip through the character if the player looks up.

ENEMIES AND NPCs
● Monarchs now cause vehicles to explode when collided with.
● Smelters in the Jackleg Joe fight will alert properly on spawn regardless of player position in the arena.
● Friendly Scrapper Forges will now spawn friendly Nanites.
● Friendly Scrappers now have blue effects to distinguish them from hostile Scrappers.

COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER
● Fixed several bugs that were causing multiplayer matchmaking crashes.
● Fixed a crash when exiting a multiplayer match.
● Fixed a bug with matchmaking main menu not functioning properly when changing worlds.

CO-OP AND SOLO MAPS
● Swapped and deleted a few objects in ‘Soleptor Excavation’, ‘Scrapworks Salvage’, ‘Liberate the Lost’, and ‘Explosions 101’ to improve performance.
● Fixed an issue that caused an EGO voiceover to play out of order in ‘Island of Lost Soldiers.’
● Fixed a tilted ammo cache in ‘The Motherlode.’
● Fix for Soleptor Excavation to prevent players from falling through the world if they defeat the final boss while standing on a spawn door.
● Fixed an issue that could prevent players from entering ‘Commandeer Cronkhite.’

WEAPONS
● Continued to tune weapons to improve balance.
● The 10% EGO power recharge on full reload weapon bonus now has a cooldown.
● Legendary Detonators will no longer be able to have mag size weapon bonuses.
● Reduced rate of fire for the Auto Lobber.
● Reduced damage per shot for the Crash Boomer, Rebound Lobber, and Auto Lobber.
● Gaining or losing a status effect as you finish reloading will no longer cause the reload to cancel and start again.
● Sniper scopes have been adjusted to work as intended with or without mods.
● Fixed an issue in which the Ground Pounder stats were appearing as zero
● Nano-Effect Resist shields and shields with other special effects will now start dropping at a lower power rating.
● Mods that show up as vendor specials will now be higher quality.
● Mods given as rewards from Challenges will now be higher quality.
● Synergy weapon mod caches purchased from vendors should now include a wider variety of synergy types.
● Significant Shotgun Tuning
• Shotguns are being tuned to bring them in line with the other weapons and personalities we want to obtain with each type of shotgun.
• Mag Size Changes: We have made changes to the mag size of all bonus size mods and rarity bonuses. This was largely due to shotguns getting a more shots per magazine then intended.
1. Rarity Bonuses that increased Mag Size have been decreased.
2. Clip Mods that increased Mag Size have been decreased.

• Elemental Proc Chance Change: We discovered that the shotguns were procing per pellet at the full proc chance. This caused the shotguns to have a much higher chance to proc the elemental effect then other weapons.
1. Changed the proc chance per pellet of shotguns. (Excluding Slug based shotguns)

• These two types of Shotguns are being tuned to bring them in line with the other shotguns.
1. Rate of Fire change for the Vot Auto Fragger: We have made this change due to speed at which a player could kill its intended target. This weapon now has slightly lower rate of fire to bring it in line with the other Combat Shotguns.
2. Recoil Increase in the TACC Auto-Shotgun: This change was to add a bit more variance in the recoil with the amount of shells it could shoot from its high mag capacity.

LOOT AND AMMO
● Tuned loot drops for several enemies.
● Looks like Murray dropped off an ammo crate near his docks.

VEHICLES
● Tweaked vehicle physics so they don’t feel quite as bouncy.
● The T4 Titan (mission only vehicle) is no longer invulnerable.
● Store Vehicles now have proper titles denoting tier.
● Fixed an issue in which vehicle stats were appearing as zeros when available as a vendor special.
● Fixed an issue in which your vehicle might be invisible in extremely crowded locations.
● Fixed an issue that caused vehicles to bounce abnormally off some objects.
● Vehicles were being used as weapons with very little risk, so we've increased the amount of damage that colliding with enemies does to vehicles to increase that risk.

VENDORS
● Titles are now available at hidden vendors.

DEFIANCE STORE
● Fixed an issue that prevented purchasing of more than one inventory slot upgrade at a time.
● Updated Bit purchase UI to help clarify the amount of bonus Bits included in the larger Bit packs.

EGO ABILITIES AND PERKS
● Reduced effectiveness of the Fortitude perk.
● Fixed the Pumped Up perk so that the gameplay effect matches the description.

ACHIEVEMENTS, PURSUITS AND CONTRACTS
● ‘Save Your Ganchis’ achievement can now be completed.
● ‘101 Keys’ pursuit can now be completed.
● Fixed an issue that caused mutants at the South Radio Tower not to count towards the ‘Atlas Attrition’ contract.
● Fixed “Equip a [weapon type]” pursuit objectives to trigger off equipping mission rewards.

CINEMATICS
● Continued to polish existing cut scenes.
● Added new cut scenes for episodic story lines.

AUDIO
● Polish for combat music timing.
● Increased Nim’s voice over radius.

USER INTERFACE
● Continued UI polish and bug fixing.
● Added new notifications for players who reach certain EGO ratings without ever using some features such as the social menu, shadow war, competitive multiplayer, co-op maps, and clans.
● Area and region names now appear on the map and fade in and out when zooming the map.
● Searching for a player will now display clan, EGO rating, and their location if they are online.
● Voice settings now save between logouts.
● Added a time and date display below the mini-map.
● Turning remapping on/off will no longer wipe out remappings
● Inventory listing will mark which items are in loadouts other than the current one
● Remove Ctrl+Q from quitting game
● Show inventory at vehicle merchants will list your current vehicles so you can compare them to the ones in the store
● Requirements are now displayed on the CO-OP matchmaking screen.
● New option in Salvage Matrix to reset weapon mastery points.
● Fixed ark salvage spam when exiting menus if you broke down a lot of items in the salvage matrix
● Fixed a map icon at the overpass that disappeared whenever the player was phased.
● Fixed an issue that caused character creation to not always start properly.
● Fixed an issue that sometimes caused mission objective radii to not show up on the mini-map.
● Fixed an issue that caused /whisper text chat messages not to work.
● Fixed an issue that caused the map cursor to shift.

MISCELANEOUS
● Added fast travel point near Coit Tower.
● Added fast travel point to Bloodbath Turnout in West Mount Tam
● Optimized ‘Go to Friend’ and ‘Teleport to Shadow War’ functionality.

PC
● Menu wheel now displays automatically when opening the EGO Menu.
● Fixed handling of duplicate account logins on PC.
● Fixed bugs in the login queue.
● Fixed client startup crash when Steam is in offline mode.

XBOX 360
● Kinect Help menu messaging is much more approachable.
● Fixed some Xbox 360 frame rate issues near bodies of water.

PLAYSTATION 3
● Fixed an issue that prevented back to back logins.

Updated 5/22 - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?73283-Defiance-Patch-1.020-Discussion&p=673139&viewfull=1#post673139

Covington
05-21-2013, 04:23 PM
I know I am blind but did I miss the "chat" fixes? And the Co-op dropping or booting...

Solo
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
I know I am blind but did I miss the "chat" fixes? And the Co-op dropping or booting...

lmao i don't think they will be fixing that yet. probably b4 or after dlc1

Shadestryke
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Well now, I know you said it was a big fix but I didn't expect this much! There is one minor problem I have with this patch though - 3pm to 7pm GMT is my primary chance to play! :(

Ah well, I suppose getting these fixes is worth sacrificing my play time for one day... :P

On a more serious note, thanks for getting this out to us so fast. Wasn't expecting this til next week at the earliest!

Covington
05-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Really....

http://firteendesign.com/data/blog_attach/16/bang-head-on-keyboard.gif

Now wait please don't make me dig for it - but Sledge DID say Chat will be covered...

Damn I want to play not search.

Pyrofrost
05-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Really....

http://firteendesign.com/data/blog_attach/16/bang-head-on-keyboard.gif

Now wait please don't make me dig for it - but Sledge DID say Chat will be covered...

Damn I want to play not search.

It looks like they've done a bit with voice chat issues and a few chat window things, but not the complete overhaul most would like. Things to look forward to in the future I suppose :)

fmarin83
05-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Loving the map notes fix, was wondering if they are going to update the contract information to help people know where to go?

Writhen
05-21-2013, 04:40 PM
I have to say...

HOOORRRAAAAYYYYY!!! :)

Oh, and can you provide details on the new salvage matrix feature of resetting the weapon mastery? Does it reset the weapon xp, is that right?

Covington
05-21-2013, 04:40 PM
I have to say...

I agree! Thank you and thank you for telling us the time and date.

Cortechs
05-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Are all weapon fixes listed? I sure would like to take my Mass Cannons and Guided Launchers out of storage one day . . .

Pyrofrost
I have to say...

I am genuinely excited for Thursday.

Sledgehammer70
These notes are not final... so there will be more items added.

They did address this chat issue:

Arsenic_Touch
05-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Oh look, no chat fix. Again. Thank you for ignoring the largest problem the PC version has.

Yergz
Very excited for:

● Added additional rewards and increased the chance to get weapons instead of grenades from Major Arkfalls.
● Mods that show up as vendor specials will now be higher quality.
● Mods given as rewards from Challenges will now be higher quality.
● Synergy weapon mod caches purchased from vendors should now include a wider variety of synergy types.
● Significant Shotgun Tuning

Covington

See I am blind... I need a dog.

Theta
05-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Where are the fixes for CHAT ???????

Linamaria
05-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks a lot for the info, Sledge! Many many real nice incoming stuff! :)

And please, some love for our text chat would be very welcome!

IAMVILELENT
05-21-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry, but why was cloak not tweaked but the shotguns themselves where? *sigh

Sledgehammer70
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Also don't see anything regarding sieges? Or maybe I'm missing it.

Number 1 item....

● Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show. This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!

Wraieth
Thanks for this update sledge it is sorely needed. And realy looking forward to the new content.

Gladto know its still on track for this month like previously stated.

ratt707
Looking forward to the changes. Thank you.

IAMVILELENT
05-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Number 1 item....

● Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show. This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!

Ok I read that completely wrong, was looking for the highlight and details of what it actually involves, sounds like a lot of content incoming. I would be in San Diego this weekend too...

Covington
05-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Number 1 item....

Okay brilliant idea... with the new DLC you throw in some reading glasses for us all... it's not just me.

Sledgehammer70
05-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Okay brilliant idea... with the new DLC you throw in some reading glasses for us all... it's not just me.

We have a lot of changes coming... hard to wrap it up in small chunks of text :)

IAMVILELENT
05-21-2013, 04:53 PM

Yeah I was skimming through the whole thing looking for bolded sieges information lol. I didn't want to participate in one and have no idea wtf I was doing.

Jack Johnson
05-21-2013, 04:54 PM
I hope Sieges arrive soon. My interest is slowly waning.

JammyThumbs
05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
What did I miss! 2 weeks in Thailand later, they named the new xbox, xbox one and new content for the most addictive game I have played since Red dead!

Myst
05-21-2013, 04:56 PM
What did I miss! 4 weeks in Thailand later, they named the new xbox, xbox one and new content for the most addictive game I have played since Red dead!

You missed quite a bit x_x

Writhen
05-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Number 1 item....

What is the most effective way to convince you to give up secret patch details? Blackmail? Hollow threats? Bribery? Silly me, i accidentally paid your bar tab at the need/want...

Covington
05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
What is the most effective way to convince you to give up secret patch details? Blackmail? Hollow threats? Bribery? Silly me, i accidentally paid your bar tab at the need/want...

What you need is a little packet of yellow powder... water... and salt... Sledge will talk - trust me on that one.

JammyThumbs

I have a labrador you can borrow :D To save your eye sight stay out of the orange lights and arkfalls! great patch with new content looking forward to it.

Cephious
Number 1 item....

How many people are simply responding with "WHERE IS WHAT I WANT?" without actually reading this post. I am curious what additional items will be added. I for one am very excited for Thursday, even if I am expecting the servers to be down all day (4hrs psh). One thing I would love to see is the loadout slots purchased in the store carrying over for new characters. Most everything else applies and carries over, why not the additional loadout slots.

*Bulk Purchases? - Keycodes, lockboxes please
*Bulk Salvage? I'll pick up 40+ items running through The Motherlode with max loot boosts, detonator, Just Reward, and Pinata. Please can we break down more than one item at a time?
*Scope Mods? Inaccuracy boost instead of accuracy?
*Co-Op? I get kicked from the group (to me only) when joining a co-op mission while already the leader of a group with at least one friend. I can hear them, but they can't hear me. And when the mission is over, it shows I have been in a group the whole time. Scrapworks.....come on everyone lets hop the fence!

Just my $0.02

Writhen
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM
What you need is a little packet of yellow powder... water... and salt... Sledge will talk - trust me on that one.

We have much to discuss. lol

Covington
05-21-2013, 05:03 PM
How many people are simply responding with "WHERE IS WHAT I WANT?" without actually reading this post.

Oh I read it - twice... I am just old and blind. Sledge understands us aged people - we need special help.

Drakeos99
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
No Cathitian Race yet ? :(

baelrusk
05-21-2013, 05:06 PM

In the first DLC I believe.

Sledgehammer70

Castithan's will arrive in the first DLC release.

JammyThumbs
What are Sieges?

Swampster
Sorry but I have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed :(

Some welcome changes and additions but even assuming that this all works...

There's nothing really about the chat or other social aspects, a whole list of what appears to be weapon nerfs, no changes to the contribution damage system, vehicles are even weaker (cheap fix for arkfalls), no voice PTT, getting ejected from co-op missions half way through?, empty co-ops, duff scope mods etc... :/

The sieges are welcome of course, but I'll reserve judgement till I see them working first hand..

Tango80
Aww they fixed the unlimited raiders at Verdant ridge now i got to find me a new place to do blaster on farm dailies.

Readded dam defence Nice.
Readded Freight yard Nice.
Hopefully all the bugs have been killed for these two. Many people have been waiting on those two for a long time.

Added weapons to arkfalls sweet better than just grenades or shields now.

The best part of it all it comes out this thursday.

Jinn Goodman
05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
I'm personally intrigued to how you guys tuned the shotguns and the rewards for arkfalls.

(And Sieges :D. The mode name makes it sound like there will be some type of base-warfare).

Edit: Whoops! Almost forgot about Freight Yard! Here comes the completion of all PvP pursuits!!!

Covington
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Castithan's will arrive in the first DLC release.

I have been dying to know this... since we have your ear... er eyes... How can I play a female Casti if females are suppose to be June Cleaver's? Is there a work around in the lore on female Castithan's fighting or being emancipated?

BlackR3ap3r
05-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Yay I'll be able to finish the area pursuits with dam defence coming back and looking forward to freight yard and sieges :)

rReves
05-21-2013, 05:10 PM
VEHICLES
● The T4 Titan (mission only vehicle) is no longer invulnerable.
● Vehicles were being used as weapons with very little risk, so we've increased the amount of damage that colliding with enemies does to vehicles to increase that risk.

Awesome. Thanks for that.

vVv Tr4nce
05-21-2013, 05:11 PM
I may be blind, but what about mods giving negative accuracy, or stats giving negative accuracy?

Omnifarious Xji
05-21-2013, 05:13 PM
REALLY hoping that the scope fix will make it into patch 1.020! I really, really do!

HempDeLeon
05-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Sorry but I have to say I'm slightly underwhelmed :(

Some welcome changes and additions but even assuming that this all works...

There's nothing really about the chat or other social aspects, a whole list of what appears to be weapon nerfs, no changes to the contribution damage system, vehicles are even weaker (cheap fix for arkfalls), no voice PTT, getting ejected from co-op missions half way through?, empty co-ops, duff scope mods etc... :/

The sieges are welcome of course, but I'll reserve judgement till I see them working first hand..
Some people are never happy....

Swampster
05-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Some people are never happy....

And some people are easily pleased...

Mladenov
05-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah, this is like "i'm good, and you are bad. you are bad, and i'm good"...
Cant wait for the new patch!

Swampster
05-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah, this is like "i'm good, and you are bad. you are bad, and i'm good"...
Cant wait for the new patch!

Indeed... :)

Orge Lambart
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
So I guess this is the patch when shotguns lose all effectiveness both in PVP and PVE, I mean after all, the changes aren't only in PVP, I notice no mention of immunizers, oh well. It's all good once they finish with shotguns and move onto Immunizers Light Machine guns will be next, then AR or maybe flop those two who knows.

Maybe one day we can all have guns that fire out bubbles and do zero damage so it's not unfair to the other players. Yet in the mean time PVE gets nerfed to all heck and back to appease the PVP savages who will drop this game like a bad habit once COD ghost comes out.

Atleast Freight yard is back, so I can finally pick up that achievement and possible complete the Echelon to Trusted as well.

Any chance we could get those titles in the Faction venders reduced, 1000 faction for a title that gives no benefits and 99% of people without a BMG can see... REALLY! Really! Really! Now you introduce a faction specific outfit and charge 1000 that would be worth it. A title that zero people can see... yeah not worth 1000 faction.

Albion
05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Well, considering the news from Trion last week, and all of the doom and gloom predictions from people here, I am thrilled to see all the things addressed in this patch. Well done team, and thanks for the patch notes Sledge.

Resetting weapon xp is perhaps the most wanted thing in my clan. I hope I understand this right and can assume that doing this allows you to get a new "bonus roll". If so, I'm going to be very busy killing stuff this weekend.

Tekrunner
05-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Sledge, do you know if immunizers will be affected by the patch? As far as I can tell anything could happen under the item "Continued to tune weapons to improve balance.".

Orge Lambart
05-21-2013, 05:26 PM
I forgot all about cars.... awesome my 4 wheelers were already garbage, hit one normal raider and it goes to 50%, now what hit one normal raider and it'll blow up... All for what? To stop idiots from driving around Ark falls...

Swampster
05-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Well, considering the news from Trion last week, and all of the doom and gloom predictions from people here, I am thrilled to see all the things addressed in this patch. Well done team, and thanks for the patch notes Sledge.

Resetting weapon xp is perhaps the most wanted thing in my clan. I hope I understand this right and can assume that doing this allows you to get a new "bonus roll". If so, I'm going to be very busy killing stuff this weekend.

Not sure about a new bonus roll, all I assume it means is the xp bar can be reset on a given weapon.. which means if you find a nice weapon that you like, you don't have to bin it to continue earning xp for the weapon skill mastery as it is at present.

IMO.. probably the best change in this patch!

Jensyth
05-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Are all weapon fixes listed? I sure would like to take my Mass Cannons and Guided Launchers out of storage one day . . .

Am I missing something, is there some place to actually STORE equipment somewhere?!?!?

rReves
I forgot all about cars.... awesome my 4 wheelers were already garbage, hit one normal raider and it goes to 50%, now what hit one normal raider and it'll blow up... All for what? To stop idiots from driving around Ark falls...

It's a shooter, not a run'm'over. I for one am well happy about this vehicle 'nerf'. Hopefully it will put them in their place; a means of transportation rather than the most OP weapon in the game.

Orge Lambart
nice now I can reset those weapons I love that for some reason get a +1.25% melee bonus... like what? WHy would a sniper get a melee bonus.

juggalojames07
05-21-2013, 05:32 PM
I didn't see it but are the new weapons in there.

Covington
05-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Well Sledge is gone I was too late before the barrage.... darn.

baelrusk
05-21-2013, 05:36 PM
nice now I can reset those weapons I love that for some reason get a +1.25% melee bonus... like what? WHy would a sniper get a melee bonus.

You never know.....maybe a cloaked guy with a handgun snuck up behind you and then went into your field of vision instead of shooting you.

But yeah......I always found pistol whipping to be pointless. If you ran out of ammo.....switch to your backup. If your backups dead as well......well smacking with the gun isn't gonna cut it.

HempDeLeon
05-21-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm not pleased but they're at least adding and fixing some things....I'm just not little whining baby.

tuckerpb
05-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Patch 1.020 will arrive on Thursday, May 23rd 7:00AM PT and we plan to have 4 hours of scheduled downtime. Below you will find a link to the official patch notes, but please utilize this thread for discussion around the upcoming content.

• Shotguns are being tuned to bring them in line with the other weapons and personalities we want to obtain with each type of shotgun.
• Mag Size Changes: We have made changes to the mag size of all bonus size mods and rarity bonuses. This was largely due to shotguns getting a more shots per magazine then intended.
1. Rarity Bonuses that increased Mag Size have been decreased.
2. Clip Mods that increased Mag Size have been decreased.

• Elemental Proc Chance Change: We discovered that the shotguns were procing per pellet at the full proc chance. This caused the shotguns to have a much higher chance to proc the elemental effect then other weapons.
1. Changed the proc chance per pellet of shotguns. (Excluding Slug based shotguns)

• These two types of Shotguns are being tuned to bring them in line with the other shotguns.
1. Rate of Fire change for the Vot Auto Fragger: We have made this change due to speed at which a player could kill its intended target. This weapon now has slightly lower rate of fire to bring it in line with the other Combat Shotguns.
2. Recoil Increase in the TACC Auto-Shotgun: This change was to add a bit more variance in the recoil with the amount of shells it could shoot from its high mag capacity.

wow so many words to hide (we are nerfing shotguns to make the 12 year old crybabies pvpers happy.)
o and by the way sledge you might want to check on your facts. (unless you are trying to get a job at fox news) the vot auto fragger is a ****ing pump shotgun. hence the need to load each round one by one. now you might have gotten confused with the vot auto-fragger which is a combat shotgun.
tho i can understand that. you must have been to busy spawning those cerberus at the over pass in sf.

poisd2strike
05-21-2013, 05:42 PM
What are Sieges?

See this YouTube vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY) as to what to expect from Sieges in Defiance :o

Swampster
05-21-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm just not little whining baby.

Really? That's not what it looks like from here!

Lets look at it objectively shall we... your total input to this thread was basically in the first instance a poor attempt to try and belittle me because I obviously hold a different view to you, and secondly a poor retort and fallback to name calling!

Is that a fair assessment? I think so! :rolleyes:

thejx4
05-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Now we just need Shadow War optimization and Immunizer tuning. Players and close by objects should be priority when loading objects during a Shadow War. I can't hit people without waiting for them to fully register/load.

Nice little patch list, and I'm wondering...were you guys not able to announce this during Across the Badlands? lol

Cortechs
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Am I missing something, is there some place to actually STORE equipment somewhere?!?!?

Heh, no. They are "stored" in my inventory. :p

Swampster
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Nice little patch list, and I'm wondering...were you guys not able to announce this during Across the Badlands? lol

Different purposes for different streams I think... this news should really have been in the Friday stream, but as they probably missed last Friday's deadline with this, and next Friday is obviously too late...

ATB is basically a touchy feely 'this is how the game and show interweave' showcase.

AddictedNoob
05-21-2013, 05:54 PM
4 hours of downtime * 3 = 12 hours. Looks like I will be playing a different game for awhile.

thejx4
05-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Different purposes for different streams I think... this news should really have been in the Friday stream, but as they probably missed last Friday's deadline with this, and next Friday is obviously too late...

ATB is basically a touchy feely 'this is how the game and show interweave' showcase.

Not really. They've been giving us useful info about the game for about 3 episodes now. Check my sig :)

Swampster
05-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Not really. They've been giving us useful info about the game for about 3 episodes now. Check my sig :)

Oh, well I guess I misunderstood it's purpose then.. I stopped watching it cos of the huge spoilers for us at this side of the pond..

thejx4
05-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Oh, well I guess I misunderstood it's purpose then.. I stopped watching it cos of the huge spoilers for us at this side of the pond..

Yeah, when I do the info dumps, I just cover the game/DLC and Q&A. I haven't even watched the show yet. But they're airing all the episodes this saturday.

A s0t
05-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Freight yard ????

Swampster
Freight yard ????

Back.. (for now).. ;)

TravelerX1
The 23rd can't get here fast enough.
That is one huge list of stuff. Still going though all of it, but looking good!
Weapons at Arcfalls! Whoot! The rest of the mods showing up.... double whoot.

I am mentally errect

Shakk
I love that shotguns are getting normalized and the proc rate getting fixed!

However I do not see anything regarding the infectors and lets face it, they have too many mechanics that makes them overpowered, for example - a tiny DoT that prevents shields from regenerating for 10 (!!!!) seconds or that you can't see anything with tumors blocking up the whole screen, the +1 burst mod that makes them fully automatic (I hope its in the bugfixes tho).

With no blur+shotgun to kill infector users its going to be the main weapon, probably both in long range and close range.

Just my thoughts on the matter, except for that this patch is all i hoped for, cheers!

Shakk

poisd2strike
05-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Suck it all you negative trolls! :)

You might want to hold off on that (just yet) until patch 1020 is released. Once 1020 is released, we can see what issues are actually fixed and what (if any) remain unfixed or even what new issues get (albeit unintentionally) created. I was excited for the Skyrim 1.9 patch, until I saw that it made Skyrim actually freeze more often than before 1.9. So now I am waiting for a Skyrim 2.0 patch (to fix what 1.9 broke) before I will play Skyrim anymore...

Buruko
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
VENDORS
● Titles are now available at hidden vendors.

Do not like, do not want. Can someone at Trion explain the reasoning behind this?

You've basically cheapened and made titles worthless now, if that patch note means what I think it does.

MagellanD
05-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Will the names above players heads come back? Like you guys killed that with the first patch.

thejx4
05-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Do not like, do not want. Can someone at Trion explain the reasoning behind this?

You've basically cheapened and made titles worthless now, if that patch note means what I think it does.

Titles specifically for hidden vendors.

Max Skypro
A good chunk of changes :) glad they've left... actually I'm not gonna write what I was about to, just incase they get any ideas!

● Reduced effectiveness of the Fortitude perk

Hulk Sad :( love that perk

Also, no mention of arkfail fixes??

Myria
● Added new notifications for players who reach certain EGO ratings without ever using some features such as the social menu, shadow war, competitive multiplayer, co-op maps, and clans.

For the love of God and all that's Holy, why? The whole "HAVE YOU TRIED PVP YET? DO SO NOW!!!11!!!" thing is so bloody annoying, why is it even there? I mean, nothing in the game explains jack squat -- tooltips, it's a concept -- but you have to take over a big chunk of screen to pester me about trying PvP at random, and usually excruciatingly inconvenient, intervals?

At the very least, please let us turn it off.

● Remove Ctrl+Q from quitting game

Already removed in yesterday's patch, at least as far as I can tell. Again, curious as to why.

"Too user friendly" is my best guess... But it's just a guess.

TravelerX1
Question for Sledge:

Will at any point we be able to reset the side missions? With the new mod rewards, etc it would be awesome if we could reset those as well once they are all finished or like 80%?

shadowkin
05-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Better than nothing. I just hope with castithan we don't have to buy bits ON TOP of the actual dlc to be able to play them. Obviously rolling new character is possible but alts are pointless. i think buying casti dlc should give a one time species change

Padooka
05-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Sooner than I expected and the fix list looks great. :-)

But I was wondering if the scope fix made it into this patch?

froman
05-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Patch 1.020 sounds very ambitious considering a few of the "FIXES" in 1.016 seemed to be less effective than I hoped for.

e.g. cluster grenades and 0 damage at arkfalls, major arkfalls "hanging" due to one of "minor" inside not updating(resulting in the arkfall timing out uncompleted), and "timing out" when near or entering an arkfall radius, and having to re log in (I assumed "addressed a few client side crashes" dealt with this issue.

I am glad to see this is coming promptly after Monday's patch, and I hope this is the final hurdle necessary for the much needed DLC's to get the greenlight for release.

I remain optimistic yet guarded.

BTW; now that the 1.020 release nonsense is out of the way... ... ... How about a release date for the DLC?

cusman
05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Many things in the patch notes make me very happy

Map that shows region names is a big plus. Also great is that Arkfals wont just reward with Grenades and Vendor Specials and Mod Cache will reward better quality Mods.

Best overall has to be working release of Freight Yard... and I am not sure if Siege will be available immediately or after some episode but at least the "patch" will include the code bits for it so they can activate it whenever the time is right for that.

brantkin
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Yet again i will not be playing until next patch. They are not fixing the names yet. And saying as how this is a mmo. And it doesn't have names it is worthless to play. I am really getting upset this bug is an easy fix yet they haven't bothered to and this bug haves been here since patch 1.010. I will wait for them to fix the names, before i play this game. I guess it will take another month or two before i will play. Well good luck staff in the future. You have a tough road ahead. But one with out me for now :3.

Iceberg
On paper this looks decent, finally the map will have names of areas and regions, but once this gets thrown on the servers we shall see how much of the list actually is fixed/working.

thejx4
Patch 1.020 sounds very ambitious considering a few of the "FIXES" in 1.016 seemed to be less effective than I hoped for.

e.g. cluster grenades and 0 damage at arkfalls, major arkfalls "hanging" due to one of "minor" inside not updating(resulting in the arkfall timing out uncompleted), and "timing out" when near or entering an arkfall radius, and having to re log in (I assumed "addressed a few client side crashes" dealt with this issue.

I am glad to see this is coming promptly after Monday's patch, and I hope this is the final hurdle necessary for the much needed DLC's to get the greenlight for release.

I remain optimistic yet guarded.

BTW; now that the 1.020 release nonsense is out of the way... ... ... How about a release date for the DLC?

I'd give it two weeks at the most.

Blueandwhite87
05-21-2013, 06:22 PM
i read through the whole list and this whole thread, there is no mention of the chat being fixed except the sending whipers being fixed which i never did. Can we get a confirm that the whole chat will work and not just the whisper part of it? or is that not happening this time..

Epyon
05-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Love all of this except for one thing. Why are vehicles being made weaker than they already had been made on a previous patch? Why punish everyone for what a few POS are doing? Also, whispering? this game can do that? o.O

HELL MAMA
05-21-2013, 06:32 PM
all i want to do is sit around and laugh at cars blowing up at arkfalls. LOL LOL LOL

thejx4
05-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Love all of this except for one thing. Why are vehicles being made weaker than they already had been made on a previous patch? Why punish everyone for what a few POS are doing? Also, whispering? this game can do that? o.O

Why not just disable vehicles at arkfalls? Like how they force you out of your vehicle during that Dark Matter mission.
and yeah, there's a lot of chat functions that they JUST told us about.

Multigun
05-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Not a single patch note regarding cloak in PvP? Really? The only thing I see that effects cloakers in PvP is making it so they are unable to cloak right from the start with that lame reload perk feature. Shotguns needed balancing, but so did Cloak. So PvP is STILL going to be the exact same thing, except with less shotguns. 95% of people are still going to run around with the overpowered of overpowered EGO powers. Disappointed.

I am happy with the rest of the patch notes though and I am looking forward to the new content whenever it is released.

GodBunny
05-21-2013, 06:37 PM
I do think it is crazy how much is going to be fixed and not all is mentioned, yet many on here want more and more and more... This is huge amount of fixes, and more patches will come. Thank Trion, is all I have to say.

poisd2strike
05-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Why not just disable vehicles at arkfalls? Like how they force you out of your vehicle during that Dark Matter mission.
and yeah, there's a lot of chat functions that they JUST told us about.

I don't mind vehicles at Arkfalls, at least if the goal is to kill enemies as quickly as possible and NOT destroy a crystal. Too often, vehicles end up killing the Skitterlings, when the goal is to destroy the crystal. That being said, I have frequently seen players actively shooting the Skitterlings, when the goal is to destroy the crystal :(

Epyon
05-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Not a single patch note regarding cloak in PvP? Really? The only thing I see that effects cloakers in PvP is making it so they are unable to cloak right from the start with that lame reload perk feature. Shotguns needed balancing, but so did Cloak. So PvP is STILL going to be the exact same thing, except with less shotguns. 95% of people are still going to run around with the overpowered of overpowered EGO powers. Disappointed.

I am happy with the rest of the patch notes though and I am looking forward to the new content whenever it is released.

People complain about shotguns, now thyere "fixed". Has it crossed your mind that infectors are untouched? and yes they use cloak too. If you complain about shotguns but dont say a peep about infectors means either you use them or you dont PvP.

Lone Star
05-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Just to much to read every single persons post, so gonna say yay for patch for Thurs., and now to wait for the highly anticipated DLC date!

poisd2strike
05-21-2013, 06:44 PM
I do think it is crazy how much is going to be fixed and not all is mentioned, yet many on here want more and more and more... This is huge amount of fixes, and more patches will come. Thank Trion, is all I have to say.

The only issue I have is that the first bullet point ("Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes") is a bit vague. "Numerous improvements and bug fixes" COULD mean just about anything that wasn't specifically mentioned elsewhere in the patch notes.

Sledgehammer70
05-21-2013, 06:46 PM

Please do not mock up false statements

CptBadger
05-21-2013, 06:47 PM
So... where's the infector nerf ? Do we really need 80% of people using infectors during PvP ?

And something tells me that this shotgun nerf is nowhere near big enough to make people use anything else but shot and cloak combo.

Solo
05-21-2013, 06:49 PM
i read through the whole list and this whole thread, there is no mention of the chat being fixed except the sending whipers being fixed which i never did. Can we get a confirm that the whole chat will work and not just the whisper part of it? or is that not happening this time..

They know the chat system needs fixing and they are working on this along with the whole UI. They want to make it as friendly as possible to use.

Cerne
05-21-2013, 06:50 PM
I would hope that they would fix clan chat ya know the issue that happens the most is you go in a co-op or something and then the clan chat randomly dies for anywhere between 10 min and infinite hours....really annoying to be talking then randomly BAM no more chat for you!! This happens on the PS3 religiously.

shadowkin
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
For the love of God and all that's Holy, why? The whole "HAVE YOU TRIED PVP YET? DO SO NOW!!!11!!!" thing is so bloody annoying, why is it even there? I mean, nothing in the game explains jack squat -- tooltips, it's a concept -- but you have to take over a big chunk of screen to pester me about trying PvP at random, and usually excruciatingly inconvenient, intervals?

At the very least, please let us turn it off.

Already removed in yesterday's patch, at least as far as I can tell. Again, curious as to why.

"Too user friendly" is my best guess... But it's just a guess.

Dunno why but i used to just alt f4 and can't do that anymore lol. Weird. Since trion is desperate seemingly i hope they don't do coercive shtako to try and force things on u

Myst
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Holy crap Sledge is still here. Anyway can't wait to see Sieges

Lone Star
05-21-2013, 06:54 PM
So... where's the infector nerf ? Do we really need 80% of people using infectors during PvP ?

And something tells me that this shotgun nerf is nowhere near big enough to make people use anything else but shot and cloak combo.

I dunno Ive been using assault rifle, and sniper rifle combos for pvp, and shotgun and bmg for arkfalls... though sometimes Ill pump out the grenade launcher... pends really on the arkfall... course in one or two type of bug arkfalls I found the infector really useful for racking up points... and the main reason isnt that your doing a lot of damage, its that your pretty much certain your gonna make damage. Those bugs chase everything so I know when i shoot, every shot is hitting something or other. All I have to do is find the biggest thing to fire on, and bam, I got my map covered.

poisd2strike

I don't play PVP and don't plan to. I don't have anything against it. However, from the patch notes it looks like the Shotgun "nerf" is a General Weapon nerf and not specific to PVP. If a weapon or power / perk is unbalanced in PVP mode, it should be adjusted (up or down) in PVP mode. If Trion cannot re-balance a weapon / power / perk in (only) one mode, then it should be left alone. I use Cloak in PVE mode and would hate to see if get nerfed (in PVE) just because it may be unbalanced in PVP. I could be wrong, but I believe I read somewhere on the Forum that (in PVP) Cloak can be effectively countered by Decoy?

Multigun
People complain about shotguns, now thyere "fixed". Has it crossed your mind that infectors are untouched? and yes they use cloak too. If you complain about shotguns but dont say a peep about infectors means either you use them or you dont PvP.

Yes I never PvP. You caught me. Man, I wonder what those 40 hours of qued up in PvP were for...

I didn't make mention of them because the general reason the IMMUNIZER (not all infectors as most whiny cloak users like to think) is OP is because of the + burst mod. I do think though the Immunizer should have its rate of fire decreased a tad, and probably a range of 30-35 meters instead of 40. But if you don't know what the +burst mod bug is, I suggest you look more into it.

There, are you happy now? I made mention of infectors. You know who complains the most about infectors? Cloak users. You know why? Because its the one and only weapon that is a counter to Cloak. You know what PvPers use the most, BY FAR. Cloak.

Finally, just because I don't make "mention" of something, doesn't mean I don't recognize it as an issue. I cannot stand people who use the Scrapworks exploit to level their weapons, but I didn't mention that now did I? Should I make an essay longer then your attention span can comprehend of problems I think need to be fixed so I can appease you?

I don't play PVP and don't plan to. I don't have anything against it. However, from the patch notes it looks like the Shotgun "nerf" is a General Weapon nerf and not specific to PVP. If a weapon or power / perk is unbalanced in PVP mode, it should be adjusted (up or down) in PVP mode. If Trion cannot re-balance a weapon / power / perk in (only) one mode, then it should be left alone. I use Cloak in PVE mode and would hate to see if get nerfed (in PVE) just because it may be unbalanced in PVP. I could be wrong, but I believe I read somewhere on the Forum that (in PVP) Cloak can be effectively countered by Decoy?

I understand exactly your concerns. I said so myself when they first started nerfing guns for PvP reasons that directly affected PvE. What's changed? I have realized Trion will never understand the concept you speak of. So, now I am not expecting it to ever happen. Cloak is the most powerful offensive EGO power (and it's perks) as well as the most powerful defensive EGO power, in PvE or PvP. It cannot be both.

Cloak can be "somewhat" countered by Decoy. If you played PvP with Decoy you would understand further that while it works, it doesn't work at all at the same time. I appreciate your attempt to give me some suggestions though (really I mean that :) )

Solo
05-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Holy crap Sledge is still here. Anyway can't wait to see Sieges

Sieges sounds epic the way Sledge and Greg explained it.

xS1Lv3RBULL3Tx
05-21-2013, 07:00 PM
I LOL at all the people complaining about cloak.... There is a counter to cloakers but I have yet be in a Competitive Match and see someone use Decoy with Sensor Sweep. Before anyone says im probably the very person that everyone complains about. I have all 4 Ego powers unlocked. No I dont use them all in PvP but it still stands that Trion did put in a counter for cloakers. Im not covering every aspect of how to uncover cloakers but it still stand the options are there.

CptBadger
05-21-2013, 07:03 PM
There is no such thing as BALANCE in PVE (so to speak).

PvE isn't competetive, you just shoot the DUMB AI.

PvP balance > PvE balance, because there is just no logical reason to balance something that isn't competetive by nature.

froman
05-21-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't mind vehicles at Arkfalls, at least if the goal is to kill enemies as quickly as possible and NOT destroy a crystal. Too often, vehicles end up killing the Skitterlings, when the goal is to destroy the crystal. That being said, I have frequently seen players actively shooting the Skitterlings, when the goal is to destroy the crystal :(

Or you see that "one guy" kneeling down near the outer part of the arkfall ring, killing the skitterlings as they spawn from the "same spot", over and over and over again. So if your doing a "destroy the crystal" arkfall and notice a prolonged lapse in skitterling bites, look around for someone spawn killing them(it can be difficult to tell sometimes because they kill them immediately upon spawning, the skitterling will only be visible for a moment before it's dead).

BTW: I usually park my car over "the guy" blocking his view of the skitterling spawn.

Lone Star
05-21-2013, 07:07 PM
I LOL at all the people complaining about cloak.... There is a counter to cloakers but I have yet be in a Competitive Match and see someone use Decoy with Sensor Sweep. Before anyone says im probably the very person that everyone complains about. I have all 4 Ego powers unlocked. No I dont use them all in PvP but it still stands that Trion did put in a counter for cloakers. Im not covering every aspect of how to uncover cloakers but it still stand the options are there.

I use decoy with sensor sweep... pwns so much because i knew the cloak would be popular lol. Also helps if u can keep hitting them as they hit cloak... keeps it from fully activating.. if your timing is right you can neutralize the ability. I find blur with shotgun a hard one to avoid... that speed is hard to escape... I usually gotta try and stun em. Ran into a few other decoyers... that can be difficult, and some of these guys can use it brilliantly... Ill barely get a hit off when they switch at just the right time and knock me out to where i gotta run... but again... can work both ways. ..... I like high yield... bu isnt my favorite in general... as much as I love it when Im with my sniper rifle... Im often finding myself moving constantly... and without some distraction or speed away, you better hope every shot hits while your high yield is up... can be a pain... still playing around with that one.... Well anywho just wanted to add to your argument... cause your dead on with it.... Been exploring and experimenting as i wait for cast. to start my main up and tried various combos in pvp and pve... the ideas are limitless and they are all effective with the right strategy... thats really why im such a big fan of the game.

xS1Lv3RBULL3Tx
05-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Or you see that "one guy" kneeling down near the outer part of the arkfall ring, killing the skitterlings as they spawn from the "same spot", over and over and over again. So if your doing a "destroy the crystal" arkfall and notice a prolonged lapse in skitterling bites, look around for someone spawn killing them(it can be difficult to tell sometimes because they kill them immediately upon spawning, the skitterling will only be visible for a moment before it's dead).

BTW: I usually park my car over "the guy" blocking his view of the skitterling spawn.
LMAO awesome I honestly never thought to do that :-P

xS1Lv3RBULL3Tx
05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
I use decoy with sensor sweep... pwns so much because i knew the cloak would be popular lol. Also helps if u can keep hitting them as they hit cloak... keeps it from fully activating.. if your timing is right you can neutralize the ability. I find blur with shotgun a hard one to avoid... that speed is hard to escape... I usually gotta try and stun em. Ran into a few other decoyers... that can be difficult, and some of these guys can use it brilliantly... Ill barely get a hit off when they switch at just the right time and knock me out to where i gotta run... but again... can work both ways. ..... I like high yield... bu isnt my favorite in general... as much as I love it when Im with my sniper rifle... Im often finding myself moving constantly... and without some distraction or speed away, you better hope every shot hits while your high yield is up... can be a pain... still playing around with that one.... Well anywho just wanted to add to your argument... cause your dead on with it.... Been exploring and experimenting as i wait for cast. to start my main up and tried various combos in pvp and pve... the ideas are limitless and they are all effective with the right strategy... thats really why im such a big fan of the game.
Nice!... this is exactly my point.... Find a way to counter instead of complaining.. Props Lone Star

Rogue13
05-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Just a note for those people asking about sieges - plenty of hints given out, particularly in Across the Badlands, my impression of it is as a PvE Capture and Hold, performance based rewards given for either capturing or killing, and it seems clan performance may be a factor, not just your own, so we might see so clan shuffling as people look to join the most active/involved clans.

Multigun
05-21-2013, 07:14 PM
First off, I know that the immunizer is the only infector they use because of its range. Also I know how the mod makes it go from burst to full auto, but I dont think that was intended, its an exploit. If you have that many hours in PvP you should know everyone uses cloak and the ones that dont are very few and far apart.

My apologies (really), I wasn't clear. What I meant was, that the burst mod allowed the immunizer to appear more op then it really is. I AGREE that it is OP, but not to the extent that most believe. It needs a tweak or three, for sure. But the mod is a bug/exploit that a lot of PvPers use that makes the Immunizer seem way more OP then it really is.

And yes, I DO know that almost everybody under the sun uses Cloak. Guess who is one of the very few, who has NEVER used Cloak in PvP or PvE (outside of the tutorial)? The reason the vast majority of people use cloak is because there is NO weakness for it. Decoy, you can lose your decoy in a matter of a few shots. Blur, while you are fast, you are very easily seen. Overcharge while powerful, can again be seen, also Overcharge isn't as effective in PvP simply because PvP is so fast passed because of everybody's low defense capabilities/health. With Cloak, you cannot be seen, not unless you just entered it (making it the most offensive power in the game, along with the several offensive perks). Cloak regenerates your shield the milisecond you are in Cloak (making it the most powerful defensive ability in the game).

There is no downside to using Cloak over the other abilities, none. Their are two options to counter, infectors, and Decoy. Decoy of course, doesn't pulse, but does the one area of effect sweep reveal, and then it's done. If somebody enters the area after you hit your Decoy, they are not revealed. So therefore, you have to already know somebody is in the area to use effectively. And since you cannot see a Cloaked person well....The same goes with infectors, but if you are lucky enough to find somebody in Cloak as they are entering it, then you can dot them up and follow them around to finish them off with whatever other weapon you use.

thejx4
05-21-2013, 07:16 PM
There is no such thing as BALANCE in PVE (so to speak).

PvE isn't competetive, you just shoot the DUMB AI.

PvP balance > PvE balance, because there is just no logical reason to balance something that isn't competetive by nature.

The Plasma Pulser from the beta? It got nerfed because you were virtually unstoppable...anywhere.
PvE shouldn't be too easy, and it shouldn't be too hard. Your skill should be the biggest factor in your survival, not just your perks/guns.

CptBadger
05-21-2013, 07:22 PM
The Plasma Pulser from the beta? It got nerfed because you were virtually unstoppable...anywhere.
PvE shouldn't be too easy, and it shouldn't be too hard. Your skill should be the biggest factor in your survival, not just your perks/guns.

Yes, I get what you are saying. What I am trying to say is that people who say that PvE should take prioritity in game balancing are egoistic and lack basic logic.

BrassRazoo
05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Looks good.
I am concerned about extra vehicle damage as I use the Quad and it is already very weak.
I'd hate to hit one enemy and have it blow up.

I see you have done a lot of work "tuning' Shotguns.
I really hope you have done the same to certain Infectors.
I use neither in PvP but I'd rather get hit by a shotgun up close then by flying bugs from the other side of the map.

Zovia Havyck
05-21-2013, 07:25 PM

I see two things useful with lowering vehicle durability:
• vehicles at arkfalls - not too many runners circling arkfalls to begin with but rollers are a big issue with most players
• vehicles in shadow wars - this seems 50/50 from what I've read in the forums about being run over by runners

At least vehicles don't take damage when colliding with a tree, boulder, guardrail, concrete barrier, or other obstacle. It is also good that there is no damage from falling 5ft, 20ft, or even 100ft.

Epyon
05-21-2013, 07:28 PM
My apologies (really), I wasn't clear. What I meant was, that the burst mod allowed the immunizer to appear more op then it really is. I AGREE that it is OP, but not to the extent that most believe. It needs a tweak or three, for sure. But the mod is a bug/exploit that a lot of PvPers use that makes the Immunizer seem way more OP then it really is.

And yes, I DO know that almost everybody under the sun uses Cloak. Guess who is one of the very few, who has NEVER used Cloak in PvP or PvE (outside of the tutorial)? The reason the vast majority of people use cloak is because there is NO weakness for it. Decoy, you can lose your decoy in a matter of a few shots. Blur, while you are fast, you are very easily seen. Overcharge while powerful, can again be seen, also Overcharge isn't as effective in PvP simply because PvP is so fast passed because of everybody's low defense capabilities/health. With Cloak, you cannot be seen, not unless you just entered it (making it the most offensive power in the game, along with the several offensive perks). Cloak regenerates your shield the milisecond you are in Cloak (making it the most powerful defensive ability in the game).

There is no downside to using Cloak over the other abilities, none. Their are two options to counter, infectors, and Decoy. Decoy of course, doesn't pulse, but does the one area of effect sweep reveal, and then it's done. If somebody enters the area after you hit your Decoy, they are not revealed. So therefore, you have to already know somebody is in the area to use effectively. And since you cannot see a Cloaked person well....The same goes with infectors, but if you are lucky enough to find somebody in Cloak as they are entering it, then you can dot them up and follow them around to finish them off with whatever other weapon you use.

I tried deleting that comment due to me not fully reading your previous response <.<
So I agree on most points. I dont think the infectors are that OP its just the homing that gets to me, that and people hating solely on shotguns. Cloak can also be countered with bio-grenades, pyro grenades and if you hit them, nano effects. I didnt know the bit about cloak recharging your shield, and I do agree that that should be altered.

Omnifarious Xji
05-21-2013, 07:38 PM

You've basically cheapened and made titles worthless now, if that patch note means what I think it does.Why would it make the titles worthless? They're already pointless to begin with. You'll just have more titles to choose from now.

Multigun
05-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I tried deleting that comment due to me not fully reading your previous response <.<
So I agree on most points. I dont think the infectors are that OP its just the homing that gets to me, that and people hating solely on shotguns. Cloak can also be countered with bio-grenades, pyro grenades and if you hit them, nano effects. I didnt know the bit about cloak recharging your shield, and I do agree that that should be altered.

I think I could agree that infectors changing from a "homing" to a line of site like the rest of the weapons would be fair. As it stands, putting your cross-hares over your target is all that is needed for the infectors to hit home. My "hate" for shotguns is kind of weird. I actually LOVE shotguns in just about any FPS type game I play. But even I can recognize the need for its balance, and hope they don't go to far. I actually stopped using shotguns unless it was for a daily as it was just too easy. I would love to use them again and not feel cheap.

Good call on the bio-grenades and pyro and nano effects. But again, it goes back to if you happen to see the person in Cloak. If all they did was add a permanent silhoutte to Cloak, I would be relatively happy, as then it would be my fault for not noticing it.

Yes, lets say you are using Cloak, and I fire on you. Your shields goes down. Then you run around a corner, out of my site for a split second, long enough for your Cloak to come back up (which is almost instant). In that small amount of time, your shields have started to regenerate again, and not because of the shield pack you are wearing. You could be wearing an Iron clad with a delay of 9.6 seconds, and your shields will still tick back up, because of Cloak. If I were to use say, a Vot Fragger with siphon in its current state, a non cloaked person would take 2-3 bursts from the VOT Fragger to kill them, depending on procs and mods (and this is assuming we aren't using a single cloak perk, as I don't). Now, we take that same non-cloaked person, and add cloak to them. Now it takes 4-7 bursts from the VOT Fragger, all because of that shield regen. (Note these are just examples, it doesn't always happen this way, but often does).

JBoneFX
05-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Awesome to see the progress, but questions on a few other issues I did not see on list of fixes and wouldn't mind an update.

Last Ego Power removing itself after a co-op map?
Clan member list and Clan Invites not consistently available/working?
Option for Perm/resizable chat window?
Multiple item salvage? (if not, then inventory view position at last item salvaged location)

Wraieth
05-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Awesome to see the progress, but questions on a few other issues I did not see on list of fixes and wouldn't mind an update.

Last Ego Power removing itself after a co-op map?
Clan member list and Clan Invites not consistently available/working?
Option for Perm/resizable chat window?
Multiple item salvage? (if not, then inventory view position at last item salvaged location)

well he did say alittle further in the pages that there was many more things to be added also that he hasnt named yet.

Atticus Batman
05-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I think I could agree that infectors changing from a "homing" to a line of site like the rest of the weapons would be fair. As it stands, putting your cross-hares over your target is all that is needed for the infectors to hit home. My "hate" for shotguns is kind of weird. I actually LOVE shotguns in just about any FPS type game I play. But even I can recognize the need for its balance, and hope they don't go to far. I actually stopped using shotguns unless it was for a daily as it was just too easy. I would love to use them again and not feel cheap.

Good call on the bio-grenades and pyro and nano effects. But again, it goes back to if you happen to see the person in Cloak. If all they did was add a permanent silhoutte to Cloak, I would be relatively happy, as then it would be my fault for not noticing it.

Yes, lets say you are using Cloak, and I fire on you. Your shields goes down. Then you run around a corner, out of my site for a split second, long enough for your Cloak to come back up (which is almost instant). In that small amount of time, your shields have started to regenerate again, and not because of the shield pack you are wearing. You could be wearing an Iron clad with a delay of 9.6 seconds, and your shields will still tick back up, because of Cloak. If I were to use say, a Vot Fragger with siphon in its current state, a non cloaked person would take 2-3 bursts from the VOT Fragger to kill them, depending on procs and mods (and this is assuming we aren't using a single cloak perk, as I don't). Now, we take that same non-cloaked person, and add cloak to them. Now it takes 4-7 bursts from the VOT Fragger, all because of that shield regen. (Note these are just examples, it doesn't always happen this way, but often does).

Just use a BMG, they lock on to claocked enemies quite easily. I experienced it last night in pvp. I was cloaked and somebody on the other team was walking around using a bmg. He held down the fire button because it doesn't drain the charge unless it actually locks onto something. As he walked with it in constant fire mode it would lock onto cloaked enemies. THen he'd either kill with it or more often his cloaked partner would shoot the guy that the bmg locked onto. Man that sucked! I died horribly from that twice before it dawned on me how they knew where I was.

Buruko
05-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Why would it make the titles worthless? They're already pointless to begin with. You'll just have more titles to choose from now.

Titles show effort and participation, they show uniqueness when used.

Yes, some are generic and there for everyone, but those that bought UE PAID for a title, those that slogged through Ep.1 missions got a unique title, those that arrived at and stuck through launch have a unique title. Those that didn't missed out, but if they can just pop out to a vendor and buy previous titles then whats the point in putting in the effort to obtain them?

If they sell unique titles just for finding the vendors, that's still kinda lame cause they've been posted on forums and websites to be found quite easily by poking around.

Titles should carry some weight, otherwise the Pursuit mechanic is just an EGO grind.

Wraieth
05-21-2013, 08:00 PM

Yes, some are generic and there for everyone, but those that bought UE PAID for a title, those that slogged through Ep.1 missions got a unique title, those that arrived at and stuck through launch have a unique title. Those that didn't missed out, but if they can just pop out to a vendor and buy previous titles then whats the point in putting in the effort to obtain them?

If they sell unique titles just for finding the vendors, that's still kinda lame cause they've been posted on forums and websites to be found quite easily by poking around.

Titles should carry some weight, otherwise the Pursuit mechanic is just an EGO grind.

Nowhere does it say they will be selling the previous titles nor that they will be selling any of the earned titles. It just says titles. Hell it could be selling the bob blows title for all we know. I would wait to see what they are before getting to bent out of shape.

I would imagine its just some maybe cool randoms that anyone can get it all.

Omnifarious Xji
05-21-2013, 08:01 PM

Well you can't see people's names in-game anyways, and there's no quick and easy way to find out how said person got their title. "Oh! He's a Pale Wars Ronin. Hmm, how did he get that title?" *Spends an hour and a half in the pursuit section, can't find the title in there anywhere* So really what's the point if you're a Dare Devil, or a Keeper of the Norther Lights? Nobody's gonna see it, nor know why it's important.

Buruko
05-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Well you can't see people's names in-game anyways, and there's no quick and easy way to find out how said person got their title. "Oh! He's a Pale Wars Ronin. Hmm, how did he get that title?" *Spends an hour and a half in the pursuit section, can't find the title in there anywhere* So really what's the point if you're a Dare Devil, or a Keeper of the Norther Lights? Nobody's gonna see it, nor know why it's important.

I do agree the name not being seen is annoying and needs to be addressed.

As for the rest of your argument, I merely point out the same system used in other numerous games. If it was so pointless why would that offer it? What you find pointless others may indeed take as inspiration to 'find out' where that came from or just simply ask, you know as a social measure.

Regardless, being able to purchase titles, especially past ones, would just be killing one fun aspect of play for most people. Why go do the missions when you can just grind exp get scrip and go by your titles?

Epyon
05-21-2013, 08:10 PM

As for the rest of your argument, I merely point out the same system used in other numerous games. If it was so pointless why would that offer it? What you find pointless others may indeed take as inspiration to 'find out' where that came from or just simply ask, you know as a social measure.

Regardless, being able to purchase titles, especially past ones, would just be killing one fun aspect of play for most people. Why go do the missions when you can just grind exp get scrip and go by your titles?

The new titles will probably be new, I doubt they would render pursuit rewards useless. I personally dont use titles but Ive earned my share.

EV76
05-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Trion thank you. I am pumped! Looking forward to the updates. Like yesterday's episode didn't pump me up enough!

Saminator
05-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Are their any clan bug fixes? We are still unable to scroll down to the entire list, we can only go down to "f" alphabetically until it kicks us all the way back to the top of the list. Due to this, me and the clan are unable to view the whole list. Also the "not being able to send/receive messages through clan chat" is very disturbing.

justifiable187
05-21-2013, 08:28 PM

I think you just answered your own question - "shot and cloak combo" is why there are so many infectors in PvP. Infectors are one of the only real counter to cloak, because the pustules don't cloak when the player does, making a cloaked player visible.

Omnifarious Xji
05-21-2013, 08:30 PM
I think you just answered your own question - "shot and cloak combo" is why there are so many infectors in PvP. Infectors are one of the only real counter to cloak, because the pustules don't cloak when the player does, making a cloaked player visible.Decoy and BMG are also counters to cloak.

KOLZ
05-21-2013, 08:34 PM

Or it could just mean he got his *** owned by someone with a shotgun and he has to cry about it instead of learning how to play. That's the usual thing to do on any game.

froman
05-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Nowhere does it say they will be selling the previous titles nor that they will be selling any of the earned titles. It just says titles. Hell it could be selling the bob blows title for all we know. I would wait to see what they are before getting to bent out of shape.

I would imagine its just some maybe cool randoms that anyone can get it all.

I heard that about Bob...

Natjur
05-21-2013, 09:02 PM
I think you just answered your own question - "shot and cloak combo" is why there are so many infectors in PvP. Infectors are one of the only real counter to cloak, because the pustules don't cloak when the player does, making a cloaked player visible.

So there will no more one shot kills from cloaked players, which is good, but Infector's kill then cloak skill.

Now they just need to change Infectors, so rolling clears the DOT like it clears the other dots and more people will start using other weapons. The bugs are easy to shoot, the homing bullets do little damage, but the DOT that ends with a bug hatching for 605 damage is the killer.

If that could be cleared by a roll, (and therefore allows shields to recharge). It think that would fix it without breaking PVE.

froman
05-21-2013, 09:10 PM

The biggest advantage I know of for not having a name above everybody, is right now I only see the people with mics, and it seems I only encounter a few people with mics on XBL in this game.

The advantage is "The Guy" with his tv to loud, or music blaring in the background, or their kids fighting over the last bowl of cherios, you can mute one of the few names until you get to "the Guy". If everybody had names, this would be much more time consuming.

A good Idea would be to make mic players a different color to differentiate those with mic's from those without. Or even better make your name a different color while you are speaking only, so players with no mic can also tell who is talking(because even without a mic you still hear them).

Multigun
05-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Or it could just mean he got his *** owned by someone with a shotgun and he has to cry about it instead of learning how to play. That's the usual thing to do on any game.

Maybe you should read the rest of the responses between Epyon and I. Might learn something. Or you can keep on blindly assuming I got owned in PvP and have just started playing or whatever you want to think. Doesn't matter to me which you choose.

Shogo_Yahagi
05-21-2013, 09:14 PM

If this means more of that goddamned system message spam, I hope the dev who suggested it got fired.

Natjur
05-21-2013, 09:21 PM
If this means more of that goddamned system message spam, I hope the dev who suggested it got fired.

It means instead of getting hassled to TRY PVP spam, it will only spam those who have past a set ego level and not tried it. So it means less spam

BreadBox
05-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Wow, next patch looks like a doozy. Look forward to it.

Epyon
05-21-2013, 09:24 PM
It means instead of getting hassled to TRY PVP spam, it will only spam those who have past a set ego level and not tried it. So it means less spam

Can I opt out of them completely? Im pretty sure Ive tried it all multiple times....

shadowkin
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
You know... i am fine with shotuns and cloak. I really don't wanna see cloak nerfed bc of shotgun users. Maybe it is bc i snipe and am usually the one picking them off as they jump a teammate of mine, but still.. i love cloak and don't wanna see it nerfed bcof shotguns.

I can like 3-4 shot elite blacklungs in pve and i dunno.. i will be really mad if cloak gets nerfed bc of shotguns. Will be mass effect 3 all over again.

Infectors on the other hand should be banned in pvp. so stupid and skill-less to fire a burst off and run away to get a kill, especially jumping up and down like an idiot. that's another thing, they could reduce jump height in pvp but realistically it is only the infector users that jump around like idiots in pvp. That to me is dumb lol, having some person jump around and kill u bc they got one infector burst off on u and jumped for the rest of time xD.

Epyon
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
You know... i am fine with shotuns and cloak. I really don't wanna see cloak nerfed bc of shotgun users. Maybe it is bc i snipe and am usually the one picking them off as they jump a teammate of mine, but still.. i love cloak and don't wanna see it nerfed bcof shotguns.

I can like 3-4 shot elite blacklungs in pve and i dunno.. i will be really mad if cloak gets nerfed bc of shotguns. Will be mass effect 3 all over again.

Infectors on the other hand should be banned in pvp. so stupid and skill-less to fire a burst off and run away to get a kill, especially jumping up and down like an idiot. that's another thing, they could reduce jump height in pvp but realistically it is only the infector users that jump around like idiots in pvp. That to me is dumb lol, having some person jump around and kill u bc they got one infector burst off on u and jumped for the rest of time xD.

Never encountered BMG bunny hoppers? I envy you...

BrassRazoo
05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Never encountered BMG bunny hoppers? I envy you...

At least the BMG users have to face you and hang around for the kill.
They can't unload the clip and run away and still get a kill and an assist or two.

thebigrig
05-21-2013, 09:33 PM
I must say that I was very excited to see that this patch is dropping on Thursday. After all the worry about the layoff situation I feel more confident that things are indeed staying on target. If the first DLC is not too far off I feel that Defiance may have a fighting chance as a successful MMOTPS.

Epyon
05-21-2013, 09:36 PM
At least the BMG users have to face you and hang around for the kill.
They can't unload the clip and run away and still get a kill and an assist or two.
True but they CAN heal themselves endlessly. More so if the have two BMGs equipped with the right perks and weapon bonuses.

Schwa
05-21-2013, 09:37 PM
I have to admit I'm a tad underwhelmed with the content, but the content doesn't worry me nearly as much as QA's track record with patching. If they can push this through without issues, I'll be content.

Sc10n
05-21-2013, 09:40 PM
So vehicles are essentially useless now...

And they've eliminated the usefulness of Blur EGO power now by nerfing shotguns...

Wow so no vehicle warfare and essentially removing 1 of the 4 EGO powers...

Great choice there guys, great choice,

Guess im going to have to pretend like the past 20 hours I spent on building a Blur+Shotgun character never existed

AngersRevenge
05-21-2013, 09:46 PM

'Nuff said.

Natjur
05-21-2013, 09:50 PM
And they've eliminated the usefulness of Blur EGO power now by nerfing shotguns...
When the new blades get added back, Blur will be good again, as you can't CHARGE the blade and be invis, but you can CHARGE the blade and be using blur.

All it stops is cloak\shotgun

fluor
05-21-2013, 09:56 PM
● Moved an emergency in Marin that was blocking a Time Trial route.

i hope i'm not repeating someone else's words but i wanted to post this before i read al current 16 pages.

tbh this one wasn't the real problem, you could clear it and then do 2 runs before you had trouble with it.

the only time trial that i don't have gold in (and it's partly because i'm not that good at time trials) is Wasteland Circuit in San Francisco.

this mostly because because of the first emergency just after the start of the race but there's also a second one on the track. you can only clear one before the other respawns since the emergencies are a bit harder in SF and even if you clear just the first one (you can jump over the second one most of the time) it's back most of the time when you start your second lap or if it's not it's certainly back by the time you wanted to run the time trial a second time.

Jackobite
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Fluor as I have the black challenger I was tempted to jump on that and say its not that hard but .... I think your right

I also tried to clear that emergency and it respawns in seconds, If someone takes the time and effort to rid this, as least give them time to do a run before spawning it back in.

fang1192
05-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Thats a nice list, main concerns though:
* I wonder if the vehicle durability will affect Shadow Wars?
* Please tell me weapon tuning includes infectors, especially the immunizer.
* Why go after fortitude?
* Why hasnt cloak been adjusted?
* Awesome news on the mods rewards/specials
* Hope the arkfall tuning makes them harder, and like the rewards being geared towards weapons as well.
* Like the detonator nerfs.
* Like the Cooldown on ego recharge trait.

Pyth
05-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but am I to assume that Siege Mode will not be coming out the day of the patch?

And I know this probably won't be answered as well, but Trion, is there any chance that the DLC is going to launch before the Memorial Day weekend replay of the original episode missions? I'm only asking because I planned on making a new Castathan character the day of the release and I would really like them to have the 2 outfits that are unlocked with them. It almost seems like I'm going to miss out on the opportunity since you've given us no clear indication of when the content will actually be released. I don't want to have to create that character this weekend then pay actual cash just to turn them into a Castathan.

TurboSquid
05-21-2013, 10:58 PM
I was expecting an Auction House to be put in as well, but I guess one can only hope...

BrassRazoo
05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
I was expecting an Auction House to be put in as well, but I guess one can only hope...

+ a chest or locker to store Mods.
Or as someone mentioned in Clan the other day, which I thought was a novel idea, Mods should only take up 1/4 of a slot.

TurboSquid
05-21-2013, 11:15 PM
I was having a discussion with friends about having a chest of somesort that you can store your items in, and can be expanded with scrip. It's traditional MMO/looting roots. But I guess Trion took advantage of it and just made your inventory expandable with real money.

obside
05-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Hi
Lot of good news here . Big thanks.
Great improvement for mods drop and availability.

I have one concern : i cant find anythi g on my nightmare ... reload bug

?

Aerion
05-21-2013, 11:33 PM
One thing I would love to see is the loadout slots purchased in the store carrying over for new characters. Most everything else applies and carries over, why not the additional loadout slots.

*Bulk Purchases? - Keycodes, lockboxes please
*Bulk Salvage? I'll pick up 40+ items running through The Motherlode with max loot boosts, detonator, Just Reward, and Pinata. Please can we break down more than one item at a time?
*Scope Mods? Inaccuracy boost instead of accuracy?
This, please this, I beg OK? You want my money? I'll give it (within reason), but please give us this. I waste hours each play session just salvaging items one-by-one, and while I can press buttons fast, it gets boring buying 75 keycodes one-by-one.

Also, please let me use fancy scopes on my sniper without making it miss it's target 90% of the time... please...

moonwulf
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
when will you guys be fixing the island of lost soilders "killing the queen in under 3 mins" pursuit. i still haven't been able to get that yet (yes i timed it)

also are the pursuit resets fixed?

BrassRazoo
05-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi
Lot of good news here . Big thanks.
Great improvement for mods drop and availability.

I have one concern : i cant find anythi g on my nightmare ... reload bug

?

This may be related.

"Gaining or losing a status effect as you finish reloading will no longer cause the reload to cancel and start again."

Jugoe
05-21-2013, 11:55 PM
when will you guys be fixing the island of lost soilders "killing the queen in under 3 mins" pursuit. i still haven't been able to get that yet (yes i timed it)

also are the pursuit resets fixed?

do you skip cutscenes because they count towards the boss time just wanted to make sure that you knew that because that was one of the first coop pursuits I got done

Bman10119
05-22-2013, 12:33 AM
So since the sieges were on the list of content with the dlc does that mean the dlc will be out around the same time? Is the projected sometime this month still on? The release info for thats been very vague... :( i want the sword!

XBigmoneyshotsX
05-22-2013, 12:40 AM
sooooooooooooo.... no swords or casthians????

Rasczak
05-22-2013, 12:42 AM

Please tell us you are just being snarky and that the Defiance team does not seriously believe that that even come close to addressing the chat issues.

Because if they do, then out of touch doesn't begin to cover it. They should try playing their own game.

Tekrunner
05-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Well you can't see people's names in-game anyways, and there's no quick and easy way to find out how said person got their title.

Is this a console problem or do you just have incorrect settings? On PC I have no problem seeing both player and account names when I target someone (well, except in PvP where I can only see one or the other).

mwjw
05-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Not sure this was covered over the last 13 pages but...

I did not see any clan fixes listed. We have over 700 people in our clan now, we can't even get past the E's in our clan list without it reseting. Text and chat always cut out. Are there any fixes in the works at all?

I also did not see a scope accuracy fix, should be easy I would think.

Jimmy Dogg
05-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Sledge,

In this update can you break down multiple things in the salvage matrix all at once into ark salvage instead of doing it all individually?

Actright
05-22-2013, 01:12 AM
If you guys F78k up freight yard again its going to be lawls

alienoid
05-22-2013, 01:26 AM

That's unrelated. This is a patch, not the first DLC.

MacDeath
05-22-2013, 01:32 AM
They come in the first DLC, NOT in 1.020

Darkane
05-22-2013, 01:52 AM
Thanks Trion and the team.

This is a major patch that a lot of people are looking forward to.

Rainman
05-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Some good changes especially i think improvement to the map and better rewards for major Arkfalls, not just grenades.

FantasyMeister
05-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Just reading through the patch notes and adding a few thoughts/constructive comments here (I'm on XBox 360/EU):

- Voice chat options and functionality: I'm hoping this means that Clan Chat over comms will work better rather than its current state which is intermittent.
- Freight Yard and Dam Defense back: Fantastic news for those that want to complete their Achievements lists, though once they've done this I think you need to lower the requirements for PvP in general, Shadow War in particular, to reduce the waiting times to get into these types of matches as the servers might be noticeably different in terms of activity if a lot of gamers move on.
- Endlessly spawning Raiders at Verdant Ridge: I thought this was already fixed on XBox EU servers, maybe I'm thinking of a different location in which case my bad.
- Vehicle changes: I actually like the handling of vehicles as they are so it'll be interesting to see if I notice the new 'less bouncy' change after the patch. I also enjoy running over Skitterlings during the Skitterlings Emergency, it's one of the few events that I don't have to get out of the Dodge for. I'll miss that :( Maybe add some vehicle only emergency types like 'get a hitch hiker from A to B in time', 'Pick up and drop off a package in time' and so on, these ideas come straight from Test Drive Unlimited but they were fun and give you some ideas to progress from.
- New Fast Travel Points: Thanks for this, San Franciso seems sorely lacking in Fast Travel locations, another one just west of Sutro Tower would help me out no end as I level my Sniper totals there.

Everything else seems like balancing, fixing, polishing and there's a great deal of it, so overall very pleased and I'd like to take this chance to say thank you for continuing to support Defiance so well. Keep up the great work!

Anatol
05-22-2013, 02:04 AM
nice patch and I am surprised how fast they add this patch online.... it this speed we might see DLC at the end of this month.

Aeothena
05-22-2013, 03:05 AM
Not sure this was covered over the last 13 pages but...

I did not see any clan fixes listed. We have over 700 people in our clan now, we can't even get past the E's in our clan list without it reseting. Text and chat always cut out. Are there any fixes in the works at all?

I also did not see a scope accuracy fix, should be easy I would think.

700 people isnīt a clan. It's a country ;)

I'm not sure how big clans really get in mmos, my own experience is that they seldom get over 50-100 ppl. Smaller shooter games have groups of 10-20...

Who wants to attend a flow of 700 texting och chatting?

twnanno
05-22-2013, 03:32 AM
good going on the patch trion.
cant wait for the dlc .

Don Nawetta
05-22-2013, 03:52 AM

If I didnīt pvp up to a specific level I did it intentionally. I donīt need no ****ing idiot telling me every now and then "Hey, try pvp". If I would have wanted to try pvp I would have pvped at some time, so they should just stop to annoy me with their spam.

MJGoodbarr
05-22-2013, 03:53 AM
This sounds excellent. All of the patch notes are much appreciated and looks good on paper. But we ain't no f***ing paper champions. This is why we play!

MacDeath
05-22-2013, 03:58 AM

I'm not sure how big clans really get in mmos, my own experience is that they seldom get over 50-100 ppl. Smaller shooter games have groups of 10-20...

Who wants to attend a flow of 700 texting och chatting?
I belonged to a multi-game guild/clan that had about 2000 members on the same server in Rift. We often had over 200 online at the same time doing guild events.

AMY2ZH
05-22-2013, 04:02 AM
Sooner than I expected and the fix list looks great. :-)

my game (http://www.melidownload.com/category/game-download/)

But I was wondering if the scope fix made it into this patch?

FNL4EVA23
05-22-2013, 04:06 AM
Where are the fixes for CHAT ???????

Maybe we get for xmas they mad chat worse on ps3 for clan with recent patch... I cut back going on new patch made my entire clan/friends get to alot in a row now. addiction now gone ty.

Aeothena
05-22-2013, 04:07 AM
I belonged to a multi-game guild/clan that had about 2000 members on the same server in Rift. We often had over 200 online at the same time doing guild events.

Again, how do you separate the chat from voice and text during gameplay if the channel has 200+ people connected? Must be a continues Buzz that distracts more then help.

Giotto
05-22-2013, 04:10 AM
I dont see anything about my 2 main annoyances.

1. Last perk being unequipped.
2. Having to keep pausing/Unpausing to change guns on a different loadout.

Xbox btw.

Also, Where is the ability to reset weapon mastery, Is that in this update ?

Blondin
05-22-2013, 04:15 AM
2. Having to keep pausing/Unpausing to change guns on a different loadout.

Is this a bug?

oh, and already in :

Giotto
05-22-2013, 04:16 AM
Is this a bug?

oh, and already in :

Damn, lol. I didnt see it.

TechnoSausage
05-22-2013, 04:22 AM
Looking forward to this patch!! Hope it all works and goes smoothly :)

BadPanther86
05-22-2013, 04:24 AM
I can't wait! Thank you Trion for such a great game!

Covington
05-22-2013, 04:29 AM

Please do not mock up false statements

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 These notes are not final... so there will be more items added.

Sledge I think you either misread Godbunny's point or I am misreading both of you and something is bubbling... either way colour me confused.

Now about those female Casti player characters....

Assasino
05-22-2013, 04:53 AM
no mention of the 0 dmg at Arkfalls fix?
Last night i still registered 0 dmg at some Arkfalls
and what about the crystals not appearing?
Thanks for the update Sledge

Haigs
05-22-2013, 05:05 AM
I really dont know why developers dont listen to community anymore. Everybody is screaming for a CHAT overhaul the past 2 months and still nothing...

Tharcion
05-22-2013, 05:10 AM
I have to say, after 1.016 went out on Monday, I think a second patch in one week is very, um, courageous.

Ferris
05-22-2013, 05:19 AM
no mention of the 0 dmg at Arkfalls fix?
Last night i still registered 0 dmg at some Arkfalls
and what about the crystals not appearing?
Thanks for the update Sledge

Seems to only happen for me with BMGs and cluster grenades - try putting those on hold until a fix can FINALLY be released for this, hope this helped and that you saw this lol.

Ferris
05-22-2013, 05:19 AM
I have to say, after 1.016 went out on Monday, I think a second patch in one week is very, um, courageous.

And this. Just this.

Jeff Moreau
05-22-2013, 05:21 AM
So the weapons were already not scalling up in damage but they are beig nerfed one more time.

Well played trion , well played...:(

Covington
05-22-2013, 05:24 AM
I really dont know why developers dont listen to community anymore. Everybody is screaming for a CHAT overhaul the past 2 months and still nothing...

More than 2 months.

Aeothena
05-22-2013, 05:39 AM
How about a patch Tuesday as MS has? Instead of releasing patches on and off it would be nice to have a schedule to look at. If a certain thing is not ready, it has to wait for a week, not delay the patch another 1-2 days.

I'm not sure the best thing is to release a new patch as soon as something is fixed. 1.016 should have been cancelled and merged with 1.020 if they were to be released so close. Now we are all looking forward to yet another evening with a giant patch loop...

I am however excited to see if the game is playable after the 1.020 patch... Crossing fingers...

Covington
05-22-2013, 05:42 AM
I might be off but when fixing one thing it might mess up something else (happens in HTML and other website languages) so you try and fix the smaller things first before an overhaul.

squidgod2000
05-22-2013, 05:51 AM
Was hoping to see some rewards for emergencies in these notes, but overall they look pretty good. Hope the patch goes well and doesn't cause more problems than it fixes.

Also, kudos to the Defiance devs for dropping this before my 4-day weekend =P

Covington
05-22-2013, 05:54 AM
Also, kudos to the Defiance devs for dropping this before my 4-day weekend =P

Unless it doesn't go well and THEY go on holiday too...

squidgod2000
05-22-2013, 05:54 AM
What are the chances of ever disconnecting PC patches from Xbox/PS3 patches so PC users don't have to wait for simple fixes?

squidgod2000
05-22-2013, 05:55 AM
Unless it doesn't go well and THEY go on holiday too...

Not a problem--Wildstar stress test is this weekend =P

Racheakt
05-22-2013, 05:56 AM

I guess I am in the minority, chatbox overhaul is not an issue to me, I mean it is a shooter, i never want to take time to "type chat"

I also like the idea of the built in area/guild VOIP chat more fitting for a shooter, they do need to fix "hot mic" issue I want to see on my screen who the noisy one and have the option to mute them.

Saminator
05-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Clan bugs need fixing! :(

squidgod2000
05-22-2013, 05:57 AM
Loving the map notes fix, was wondering if they are going to update the contract information to help people know where to go?

I'd be satisfied if they made it so I didn't have to run Liberate the Lost six times to finish that one daily contract.

Covington
05-22-2013, 05:58 AM
I guess I am in the minority, chatbox overhaul is not an issue to me, I mean it is a shooter, i never want to take time to "type chat"

I also like the idea of the built in area/guild VOIP chat more fitting for a shooter, they do need to fix "hot mic" issue I want to see on my screen who the noisy one and have the option to mute them.

It's for us in clans and want a social game (which is probably the majority) instead of just a run, kill, run, kill, bored...

TheLastDon
05-22-2013, 06:11 AM

Yeah, that is kind of annoying. Here is a great website that shows you where to go for each contract. http://www.etaew.net/defiance/index.php

Lone Star
05-22-2013, 06:12 AM
It's for us in clans and want a social game (which is probably the majority) instead of just a run, kill, run, kill, bored...

What Clan are you guys in? Waiting on DLC to play a main character, but doesnt stop me from hunting for a clan that fits meh :-D If you guys dun mind a new prospect....

Also have a theory on the release date of the DLC and wanted to see if you all agree. Im thinking that they are waiting to see how the patch works out, if there is any bugs or anything that needs fixing, and how long to smooth things out there before they pop it... if it comes on perfect... then I predict DLC Next week.

Covington
05-22-2013, 06:14 AM
What Clan are you guys in?

My Sig and my link on my profile. Not recruiting, our requirements to join are specific. (and obvious in the link)

Lone Star
05-22-2013, 06:17 AM
My Sig and my link on my profile. Not recruiting, our requirements to join are specific. (and obvious in the link)

Ah your On PS3... I do have one, but Im on PC server. Bummer... Hoping that eventually all the servers will be able to interact.

Aeekto
05-22-2013, 06:20 AM
@Trion
Usually i liked your patches, but this times something ist obviously wrong.
Why nerf "TACC Auto-Shotgun" (which is actually fine) and not one of the most used and obviously overpowered weapons like "VOT Fragger", "VOT Grindfragger" and "FRC Heavy Scattergun" ?
The "TACC Auto-Shotgun" has a realy high TTK compared to the other weapons because it has a lot bigger spread and lower damage (the only upside it has is the bigger magazine)... it was only viable with syphon. But even with syphon it has a lot higher TTK than all the 3 other shotguns without nano effects, which didnīt get nerfed.

Same thing for the "Strain Expander"-Mod combined with "Immunizer", which makes it shoot like a fully automatic weapon like the "Invader", but still has twice as much range as the "Invader".

Another important balancing point is the "EGO recharge on reload" thing... why just only give this a cooldown and not all the others too like "45% speedboost on reload for 15 seconds" (which is actually overused like the shotguns and strain expander immunizer)? This obviously need a cooldown since you can pick every EGO power you want, but still are able to have nearly the same speedboost like blur, but you can keep it up nonstop.

Everything else seems fine on the first look, but you realy should consider to take a re-look at the balacing you have planned... but iīm happy the nano procc chance with shotguns gets fixed.

Elric1
05-22-2013, 06:26 AM
I agree! Thank you and thank you for telling us the time and date.

Yes time and date so all my clan is on time from various time zones is a God Send! Man time zones is simply but I got so used to just saying 'show up at this server time..'

DustOfDeath
05-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Screw this... i hopedthe game gets better - but all this m,assive "list" says is..
we nerf stuff even more
do itsy bitsy here and there changes so the list would look huge
We still wont add any new real content

...detonators get again nerfed even more (due to pvp), cars get nerfed to oblivion, shotguns nerfef even more (again pvp).

There is nothign that would make me come back anymore - i havent played for almost 2 weeks now, hoped 1.020 changes things cuz its "big" - but its another lie.

MacDeath
05-22-2013, 06:40 AM
Ah your On PS3... I do have one, but Im on PC server. Bummer... Hoping that eventually all the servers will be able to interact.
We haven't been able to since the Alpha days. Microsoft and Sony don't want it for live.

Lone Star
05-22-2013, 06:42 AM
We haven't been able to since the Alpha days. Microsoft and Sony don't want it for live.

Ah given current state of affairs, that may change.... lol

Sull
05-22-2013, 06:46 AM

I assume this is in regards to the Ark fall vehicle spammers (grrrr). This is a welcomed change. However, I beg you to PLEASE add debris at Ark falls to prohibit vehicle spamming all together. Some of them already have debris and those are the best ones as "those" people can't car spam. Please!

Elric1
05-22-2013, 06:54 AM
First off thank you whomever making this possible. You are making us feel ALOT better about what has recently happened at your company. Grats to those that made this patch possible; it is awesome to see stuff finally coming around and catching up to where this game should have been at long ago.

But shouldn't you replace Hell on Wheels perk since your making it completely worthless? I got my truck and even with that perk it goes boom pretty darn easy and now with this nerf just makes owning that truck and perk kinda pointless. Thank goodness I bought the truck for the looks and not it's supposed function because now that is just outright false advertising. Oh and the truck's engine is annoying.

baelrusk
05-22-2013, 06:56 AM

Personally I think it's more of a cause for concern.
This fast would pretty much mean it was virtually done when 1.016 went up. This kinda triggered a flag in my head. I'm hoping it's not here this soon cause of being rushed or to fix something from the 1.016 patch.

And just including the name Freight Yard........that's virtually a jinx now.
I just hope the patch works, and wait for a patch that fixes chat.

squidgod2000
05-22-2013, 06:59 AM
Trion got lazy when it came to vehicle damage mechanics. Instead of shields---->boom damage system, vehicle speed, maneuverability, etc should decrease as it gets damaged. Additionally, some mechanic should be put into place to prevent people from just summoning a fresh vehicle when the shields get too low on their current one.

ewishki
05-22-2013, 07:01 AM
So there will no more one shot kills from cloaked players, which is good, but Infector's kill then cloak skill.

Now they just need to change Infectors, so rolling clears the DOT like it clears the other dots and more people will start using other weapons. The bugs are easy to shoot, the homing bullets do little damage, but the DOT that ends with a bug hatching for 605 damage is the killer.

If that could be cleared by a roll, (and therefore allows shields to recharge). It think that would fix it without breaking PVE.

Dude, they should make it when you roll you regen 100% shields.......it would also stop all the jumping around.....ya know two birds with one stone. It would also make it so the 100% health regent shields do not cost 1 mil+ script.

MrRotten
05-22-2013, 07:07 AM

I agree with you, fix the Voice Chat, the chat boxes cluttering up the screen and having to take time to type/text chat isn't very efficient on a console shooter (Shared World/MMO).

I do agree they need to polish up the Text Chat features, but one thing I don't want to see is a perm box of chat in a corner of my screen.

I also want to say thank you to TRION for rolling out our big update as it seems on schedule.

They announced earlier in the month that the big update/patch would come this month, and it's here.

Being a veteran to games/MMOs; I am a little concerned at the size of this update and Trion's recent track record with patching while messing up other things.

I am optimistic though, hopefully it all rolls out smoothly. One thing I think is also great, they're rolling it out on the 23rd, that gives them I'd say about 5 to 7 days to iron out the kinks if there are any and I'd say they're still on schedule to what they said earlier in the month.

That means we should be hopefully seeing our first DLC sometime mid next month is my assumption, not expectation; just assumption. ;)

I'm being patient... The recent news up till this was concerning, but I'm still hanging on.

Thanks Sledge for the updates and info as well!

Tharcion
05-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Personally I think it's more of a cause for concern.

You are, perhaps, unaware of a popular British sitcom (recently remade) called Yes, Minister (and then Yes, Prime Minister).
In that program, one of the ways that the head civil servant would persuade the MP to not do something he did not want doing was to say, "Yes, Minister, that is a very courageous move." The MP's face would fall at the apparent compliment and a reversal of the plan was sure to come.

Miles Morales
05-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Dude, they should make it when you roll you regen 100% shields.......it would also stop all the jumping around.....ya know two birds with one stone. It would also make it so the 100% health regent shields do not cost 1 mil+ script.

that would make respark shields obsolete you could just get an ironclad and just roll when it gets low.

MrRotten
05-22-2013, 07:18 AM
Also, Sledge;

This maybe off topic of the Update thread, but it is content and updates that are rolling out this week(ish).

The Episode Missions being re-playable for Memorial Day, honestly guys why not just make them re-playable like the Main Mission line is? What does it hurt?

For those that didn't pick the game up at launch as maybe they're waiting for the game to be polished up first won't get access to those, why not just make them available to everyone and re-playable between DLCs and extra content?

It just seems like a no brainier to me...

Also, I think most would agree, the Hell Bug Season's all the new Mutated Hell Bugs need to stay!

You guys have said they'll eventually go away, why? What does it hurt to keep them around, maybe after the "Season" is over, maybe lower the spawn rates and emergency occurrences, but keep them different rarities of bugs, they add a random flavor to all emergencies/ark falls and other things, makes them more fun to do.

...just my 2 cents on that

Tharcion
05-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Also, I think most would agree, HELL BUG SEASON and all the new Mutated Hell Bugs need to stay!

Most wouldn't. In fact there was a thread yesterday asking when Hellbug season would finally end. I know I for one would relish a few less damn bugs around. If I want a trivial source of things for target practice, I'm sure I can find a few bugs without them being EVERYWHERE!

MacDeath
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Also, Sledge;

This maybe off topic of the Update thread, but it is content and updates that are rolling out this week(ish).

The Episode Missions being re-playable for Memorial Day, honestly guys why not just make them re-playable like the Main Mission line is? What does it hurt?

For those that didn't pick the game up at launch as maybe they're waiting for the game to be polished up first won't get access to those, why not just make them available to everyone and re-playable between DLCs and extra content?

It just seems like a no brainier to me...

Also, I think most would agree, HELL BUG SEASON and all the new Mutated Hell Bugs need to stay!

You guys have said they'll eventually go away, why? What does it hurt to keep them around, maybe after the "Season" is over, maybe lower the spawn rates and emergency occurrences, but keep them, they add a random flavor to all emergencies/ark falls and other things, makes them more fun to do.

...just my 2 cents on that
IMO, the Nolan / Irisa Episode Missions are available this week end because there is no show this Monday. It's consistant that Nolan can't be in San Francisco in game and in St Louis on the show at the same time. When the season one shows have all been seen and season two isn't out yet, we're likely to get all of these back episode missions in game.

MrRotten
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Most wouldn't. In fact there was a thread yesterday asking when Hellbug season would finally end. I know I for one would relish a few less damn bugs around. If I want a trivial source of things for target practice, I'm sure I can find a few bugs without them being EVERYWHERE!

Let me clarify, I didn't mean that Hell Bug Season needed to stay...

The Mutilated Hell Bugs need to stay...

I did mention something about lowering the emergencies and the # of the bugs once the Season is over, but still keep the randomness of the spawns and the types of bugs there are, I think it's a good thing.

I'll edit my post on this...

"Also I think most would agree, HELL BUG SEASON's new Mutilated Hell Bugs need to stay!"

IMO, the Nolan / Irisa Episode Missions are available this week end because there is no show this Monday. It's consistant that Nolan can't be in San Francisco in game and in St Louis on the show at the same time. When the season one shows have all been seen and season two isn't out yet, we're likely to get all of these back episode missions in game.

Believe me, I do get why they're going away between show breaks or once you've finished them.

I just don't see what is the big deal though?

Personally with all the problems of the game and all the time we've had since Day 1 waiting for new Episode content, we should of still had them to repeat up till now atleast.

With the big update coming, hopefully it'll fix alot of the issues and we can start rolling out the content regularly like Trion planned, then we wouldn't really need the ability to repeat the previous Episode content anyways.

But again, it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to make them there and available in some form to repeat, or atleast for those that picked the game up LATER and didn't get to experience the earlier Episode content.

That's all I'm saying... I understand why they're doing it the way they are, but my question was to Sledge asking more or less why and if the minds that be agree, maybe we'll get them to stick around.

tom
05-22-2013, 07:48 AM
sniper scopes, no mention? when exactly are the broken things going to be fixed?

Lone Star
05-22-2013, 07:49 AM
sniper scopes, no mention? when exactly are the broken things going to be fixed?

Whats broken about sniper scopes? Havent had any trouble myself.

Myria
05-22-2013, 08:01 AM
It's consistant that Nolan can't be in San Francisco in game and in St Louis on the show at the same time.

Given that he's always on the Stratocarrier with you when you start a new character, this argument has always struck me as a tad odd.

Iceberg
05-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Given that he's always on the Stratocarrier with you when you start a new character, this argument has always struck me as a tad odd.

correct, and anyways, gameplay trumps canon.

MacDeath
05-22-2013, 08:12 AM
That means he WAS on the Stratocarrier with you prior to the crash. You don't know how long it was before Cass opened your pod...

Schmiznurf
05-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Whats broken about sniper scopes? Havent had any trouble myself.

If you add a scope as a mod the accuracy goes out the window. You can line up a perfect headshot on a still target and you will miss completely.

armedpoop
05-22-2013, 08:30 AM
If you add a scope as a mod the accuracy goes out the window. You can line up a perfect headshot on a still target and you will miss completely.

I thought this was only me. I stoped putting scopes on my snipers alltogether

Lone Star
05-22-2013, 08:34 AM

If they set it up like some games I play with sniper rifles, u gotta take range into account... maybe even wind ... though in this game i think range will do... further back u have to shoot higher up u need to aim.

Racheakt
05-22-2013, 08:35 AM

I assume this is in regards to the Ark fall vehicle spammers (grrrr). This is a welcomed change. However, I beg you to PLEASE add debris at Ark falls to prohibit vehicle spamming all together. Some of them already have debris and those are the best ones as "those" people can't car spam. Please!

I so want them to make skiterlings cling to cars and eat the "health" the more skits the faster you lose health.

baelrusk
05-22-2013, 08:36 AM
If they set it up like some games I play with sniper rifles, u gotta take range into account... maybe even wind ... though in this game i think range will do... further back u have to shoot higher up u need to aim.

Nope. They used to work fine......but then a bug came in and they've been like this ever since.

armedpoop

Hate to break it to you, but this game does not play as well as bf3. They didnt do that. Your bullets fly straight regardless.

Pyth
He was actually incorrect about that. There are nearly 1,100 members in the Browncoats Defiance Clan on Xbox NA.

And since my question got buried earlier, maybe someone can answer this for me. Will Sieges be available the day of the patch?

armedpoop
05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
And since my question got buried earlier, maybe someone can answer this for me. Will Sieges be available the day of the patch?

Nobody knows, its a Mystery!

Racheakt
05-22-2013, 08:40 AM

I'm in a clan, we use the voice chat. The only issue i have the "always on" it really needs push to talk and easy onscreen mute current talker....

I have been using vent/TS forever in other games, I prefer talking to typing. To each their own. I understand the current type chat sucks, mainly because it does not stay on screen very long and the chat box is small.

Pyth
05-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Nobody knows, its a Mystery!
Ah, gotcha.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Corvidus
05-22-2013, 08:46 AM
● The PvP map, Freight Yard, is back!

Deja Vu......

baelrusk
05-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Deja Vu......