PDA

View Full Version : Thank God no more haulers at the ark crystals

Rokea
05-21-2013, 06:25 PM
I mean the patch wont get rid of them entirely but at least we wont have to deal with those annoying *** hats driving around in the hauler.
Now when they hit the Monarchs they splode

ENEMIES AND NPCs
● Monarchs now cause vehicles to explode when collided with.
● Smelters in the Jackleg Joe fight will alert properly on spawn regardless of player position in the arena.
● Friendly Scrapper Forges will now spawn friendly Nanites.
● Friendly Scrappers now have blue effects to distinguish them from hostile Scrappers.

Epyon
05-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Well they also push the Matron around. And dont forget, the Titan just isnt invincible anymore, it will still have tank health.

Micheal Storm
05-21-2013, 08:48 PM
About 15 of us were fighting our ***** off to bring down the crystals and we got to the last and 3 noobs had to show up. But these were not normal noobs oh no they were pathetic no life troll noobs who decided it was funny to do circles around the crystal to ensure no weaknesses would rise and thus we could not destroy it. Vehicles have no place in a real fight and if you cannot do without it then you have no place in the fight. There needs to be a change that causes vehicles to explode in the presence of Ark crystals or you will only invite a new breed of dumbass to the fold.

PS. I obviously haven't fully cooled off from the last encounter. lol

Colif
05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Need to change it so the red circle around arc falls is a mine field full of anti vehicle devices. You get a certain amount of time to depart vehicles and or enter vehicles but limited time to actually drive around in the circle.

Exceptions could include people on time trials that pass through the red circle, but quads aren't the problem here.

I did one last night with 2 trucks killing everything on a small crystal, I used to get upset but that only makes me mad, it doesn't change anything. I just stop shooting as its a waste of ammo firing bullets into a crystal with no weak spots. I can hit for 750 per shot on a weak spot using my SAW, way less without so I sometimes just swap to BMG, or do what I did last night... leave and go to another crystal which we actually finished off before they finished the other, and there were less people standing around shooting a crystal. So instead of sitting there, I went and got ammo at a box and waited around where I knew last stage would be. I still came 5th in run.

Vehicles are just an easy way to kill things without the risk of dying.

Aaryn Piezo
05-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Sometimes I Slam The Nomad Around An Arkfall, Just B'cuz I Feel Like It :cool:

Pssh.. Just About 20 Minutes Ago There were about 30 Players Mashing Around An Arkfall :p

It Is All In Good Fun, And Honestly There Are Enough Arkfalls For Everyone To Fight With Their Own Weapon

Of Choice, Even If It May Take A Vehicular Form. Relax. When I Play In The Day Time, I Solo About 5 Arkfalls

Without Seeing Another Soul. No Excuse, Maybe You Guys Are Just Playing At Peak Times. Again, Relax ;)

Irres169
05-22-2013, 11:07 AM
I can drive around the Monarchs and still get all those damn skitterlings. I hate them!!!

Djomblade1
05-22-2013, 05:28 PM
About 15 of us were fighting our ***** off to bring down the crystals and we got to the last and 3 noobs had to show up. But these were not normal noobs oh no they were pathetic no life troll noobs who decided it was funny to do circles around the crystal to ensure no weaknesses would rise and thus we could not destroy it. Vehicles have no place in a real fight and if you cannot do without it then you have no place in the fight. There needs to be a change that causes vehicles to explode in the presence of Ark crystals or you will only invite a new breed of dumbass to the fold.

PS. I obviously haven't fully cooled off from the last encounter. lol

Agree completely. All vehicles should automatically explode when in the vicinity of an arkfall. Make them explode but not damage your character as you know those times you get excited and you hit a huge jump that lands you smack dab in the middle of the arkfall but you get out right away. That happens to me a lot so make all vehicles explode but dont penalize me because I most certainly am not one of those *******s who stay in their vic and drive in circles. If that is any of you out there I want you to kindly suck the farts out of my butt please!

Namaraque
05-23-2013, 08:42 AM
I mean the patch wont get rid of them entirely but at least we wont have to deal with those annoying *** hats driving around in the hauler.
Now when they hit the Monarchs they splode

ENEMIES AND NPCs
● Monarchs now cause vehicles to explode when collided with.
● Smelters in the Jackleg Joe fight will alert properly on spawn regardless of player position in the arena.
● Friendly Scrapper Forges will now spawn friendly Nanites.
● Friendly Scrappers now have blue effects to distinguish them from hostile Scrappers.

Now to hope they realize this is a shooter and NOT NASCAR.

Rokea
05-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Need to change it so the red circle around arc falls is a mine field full of anti vehicle devices. You get a certain amount of time to depart vehicles and or enter vehicles but limited time to actually drive around in the circle.

Exceptions could include people on time trials that pass through the red circle, but quads aren't the problem here.

I did one last night with 2 trucks killing everything on a small crystal, I used to get upset but that only makes me mad, it doesn't change anything. I just stop shooting as its a waste of ammo firing bullets into a crystal with no weak spots. I can hit for 750 per shot on a weak spot using my SAW, way less without so I sometimes just swap to BMG, or do what I did last night... leave and go to another crystal which we actually finished off before they finished the other, and there were less people standing around shooting a crystal. So instead of sitting there, I went and got ammo at a box and waited around where I knew last stage would be. I still came 5th in run.

Vehicles are just an easy way to kill things without the risk of dying.

only problem with that is doing time trials with in the red circle... so yeah I dont see that being helpful at all

mad_mike
05-26-2013, 01:21 AM
Now to hope they realize this is a shooter and NOT NASCAR.

Well, it's irritating, but no worse than people spamming grenades to kill all the skitterlings. The vehicles are as much a part of the game as the guns. It's not just a shooter, it's a sci-fi frag fest complete with melee, grenades, and vehicles. If killing things with a car wasn't meant to be part of the fun, it wouldn't work within the mechanics of the game. Now I could get behind nerfing vehicles in some contexts, but to remove their damage completely cuts out an intended and fun part of the game.