PDA

View Full Version : am i missing somthing or is text chat not getting fixed?

Blueandwhite87
05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
all i see is this -Fixed an issue that caused /whisper text chat messages not to work.

is that all just the whisper chat? or is the the chat system going to work after this patch please someone confirm. im tired of playing alone.

ralisti
05-21-2013, 07:25 PM
You act like they have been fixing other things. I am sure it is on the list of things they want to 'fix' which will take them months and months of coding, and 50 attempts to actually fix.

To be honest, many players have given up on Trion actually fixing anything. Sure they talk a lot about fixing things, but almost every attempt that they have made to fix anything has ended up not fixing the issue, but creating new issues which, instead of rolling things back and fixing it right, they just keep patching over.

TL;DR
Be happy they are not fixing it, or it would probably be even worse...like any time you try to text chat, the Barney song starts blaring over your speakers worse.

Wraieth
05-21-2013, 07:53 PM
sledge also said there was many other things not listed yet. So maybe its in the things they will be adding to the list in the next 2 days

Omnifarious Xji
05-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Scopes aren't getting fixed this patch either...

ratt707
05-21-2013, 08:21 PM
it is insane we've gone this long with so many chat problems. I primarily use txt chat and it is so frustrating, not to mention no predictive txt on ps3.

Blueandwhite87
05-21-2013, 08:29 PM
so can we get a confirm on this ? if its a yes or no let the playerbase know...

Saminator
05-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I'd definitely like clan chat to be fixed...

Blueandwhite87
05-21-2013, 10:56 PM
looking for a yes or a no.

Schwa
05-21-2013, 10:57 PM
looking for a yes or a no.

That'll be a no.

Thank you, that'll be $5.

Solo
05-21-2013, 11:02 PM
it is insane we've gone this long with so many chat problems. I primarily use txt chat and it is so frustrating, not to mention no predictive txt on ps3.

No one talks on PS3.

Arsenic_Touch
05-21-2013, 11:06 PM
sledge also said there was many other things not listed yet. So maybe its in the things they will be adding to the list in the next 2 days

They tried that "this is just a draft" last time. He knows full well that the chat is one of the biggest problems that have been reported and complained about, so to leave that out? nah, they didn't fix it despite saying they were. If it was fixed, they would've said so.
So we'll continue to have clan chat issues, disappearing chat, tiny chat, et cetera.

Pyth
05-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Don't feel too bad about that. Hell, the 1.02 patch has turned me into a terrible liar. I am the go to source for all of my non-forum using friends. I've promised them the moon and more in this upcoming patch, but after reading the notes, nearly all the things I've told them that were getting fixed aren't even on the list.

It's gonna be like spending the day out getting drunk after getting layed off, trying to think of something to tell your wife and kids, when the only result is you returning at 3 in the morning reeking of scotch only to tell them that you don't have the ability to keep food on the table any more.

Well, probably not that bad. But I do like being dramatic.

Blueandwhite87
05-21-2013, 11:26 PM
so your saying the fact they didnt comment on people asking shows the chat is not getting fixed or this company has a lack of communication?

Schwa
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
so your saying the fact they didnt comment on people asking shows the chat is not getting fixed or this company has a lack of communication?

The issue is more that there's so many unlinkable sources of information we can't say pretty much anything about what is coming.

Whether or not this intentional is a fascinating topic.

Blueandwhite87
05-22-2013, 07:17 AM
another day can we get a confirm and ill tell you this ill be dissapointed if it's not getting fixed but ill be more dissapointed if it's not getting fixed and was ignored and found out the hardway on patch day.

cusman
05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
I think their priority goes to trying to keep up with the TV Season and having the Episode content and other game mode content rolling out. Aside from that they did simpler/easier fixes.

The chat issue must be more complex for some reason... It really doesn't work. I think it worked better at launch (PS3-NA) than it works nowadays. I don't know why but now I think it just doesn't work at all.

If I do bother sending a text message the only place that can be seen is in the Start Menu which shows last 3 lines of messages including the chat text... who the heck keeps checking the Start Menu to see if any text messages have come across?

Blueandwhite87
05-22-2013, 09:43 AM
soooooooooo hello?

Hope499
05-22-2013, 09:47 AM

Sledge is a cool enough guy, don't get me wrong....

BUT...

DO you honestly believe 90% of what he or anyone else tells you? Cuz I got off that gullible train TIMMMME ago man...

"there was many other things not listed yet" is the ULTIMATE excuse for not addressing issues...its just a general "shut up until you realize "many things" = "nothing"

Haigs
05-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Guys i dont think they will remake the chat system anytime soon. I was on a trion's stream 2 weeks ago and a dev was answering questions, i asked him about chat 5-6 times but no response...

Too bad, my first trion's game and i have more bad things to say than good. No big deal, just another future customer lost.

baelrusk
05-22-2013, 11:03 AM
I think their priority goes to trying to keep up with the TV Season and having the Episode content and other game mode content rolling out. Aside from that they did simpler/easier fixes.

The chat issue must be more complex for some reason... It really doesn't work. I think it worked better at launch (PS3-NA) than it works nowadays. I don't know why but now I think it just doesn't work at all.

If I do bother sending a text message the only place that can be seen is in the Start Menu which shows last 3 lines of messages including the chat text... who the heck keeps checking the Start Menu to see if any text messages have come across?

What are you talking about?

The priority is truly "Make the game look pretty while adding some minor things to distract people".

Guys i dont think they will remake the chat system anytime soon. I was on a trion's stream 2 weeks ago and a dev was answering questions, i asked him about chat 5-6 times but no response...

Too bad, my first trion's game and i have more bad things to say than good. No big deal, just another future customer lost.

Unfortunately, I would have to be in agreement. Major things that aren't in the 'Big Patch' (1.02).......I really don't see them as being done in the foreseeable future.

Blueandwhite87
05-22-2013, 11:46 AM
really so you asked them on the live stream 6 times and ignored the question, like there ignoring this thread?

crasher
05-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Scopes aren't getting fixed this patch either...

Well, the cleaning lady has to unplug the server at 5A to vaccum the offices, and she has to empty the wastebaskets, too.

Just how much free time to code the patches do you think that poor woman has in 24 hours?

My Gawd, but you're an evil taskmaster.

No one talks on PS3.

N/A pc: All we have is mouthbreathers and potatochipmunchers.

Blueandwhite87
05-22-2013, 02:32 PM
thanks for answering my question. Chat is not fixed in tommorws patch if it was fixed you would have answerd this for everyone.

Hope499
05-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Yes it will be fixed.

Confirmation received at: 22/05/13 00:20

baelrusk
05-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Yes it will be fixed.

Where did you see the confirmation?

Nerotic
05-22-2013, 03:30 PM
N/A pc: All we have is mouthbreathers and potatochipmunchers.

That sort of noise is confusing and deadly to my paranoia finger stlye PvP-Fu

Blueandwhite87
05-23-2013, 09:25 AM
where did they confirm it?

Random
05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Don't feel too bad about that. Hell, the 1.02 patch has turned me into a terrible liar. I am the go to source for all of my non-forum using friends. I've promised them the moon and more in this upcoming patch, but after reading the notes, nearly all the things I've told them that were getting fixed aren't even on the list.

It's gonna be like spending the day out getting drunk after getting layed off, trying to think of something to tell your wife and kids, when the only result is you returning at 3 in the morning reeking of scotch only to tell them that you don't have the ability to keep food on the table any more.

Well, probably not that bad. But I do like being dramatic.

And for this we love you haha. Awesome post man. You and I are in the same boat.

Hope499
05-23-2013, 09:31 AM
where did they confirm it?

They confirmed it??

baelrusk
05-23-2013, 09:33 AM
They confirmed it??

That's what people are asking you...

Reference:

Yes it will be fixed.