PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Vs Halo Show (and proprietary platforms)

D351
05-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Anybody else watch the Xbox One announcement and feel like MS was talking a lot of BS about how "innovative" their Show/Game idea is? Seemed like they were spitting in Trion's face... And the sad part is that (like all shows that are bound to a specific paid service provider) the Halo show is doomed to fall in to obscurity. MS trying to bottle up stuff in to their one service is only going to isolate xbl users. Trion/Syfy's approach was much better thought out. I look forward to the interplay between game and show improving over time, hopefully over many seasons to come. What MS is doing with this (and did by refusing cross-platform for Defiance), is exactly what Nintendo did by deciding to opt out of online gaming for the GameCube. It's the sure sign of a dinosaur of the industry letting their out-dated thinking shoot them in the foot.

CharmCitysKing
05-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Defiance doesnt have a chance in hell once Halo comes out....It doesnt hava chance in hell as of NOW either lol

Umbra Warrior
05-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Defiance doesnt have a chance in hell once Halo comes out....It doesnt hava chance in hell as of NOW either lol

The TV show had the largest viewing count of any show in the recent years of Siffy. The game, although it has problems, is an MMO, one that's only in it's first couple of months. Doomed? No. In trouble if these glitches and balance issues don't get sussed out? Yes. The only thing that might kill the game side of Defiance is Destiny, if Bungie follows through with the features they've said, which is something Bungie frequently does.

Schwa
05-21-2013, 10:32 PM
If the Halo TV series remains on the xbox, I find it unlikely to reach the same audience (non-pirated) the Defiance series reaches.

If it gets sent to cable, then I still won't care.

DJTrig
05-21-2013, 10:33 PM
It is a T.V. show based on a game franchise,not the same as Defiance.And anybody that knows anything about Halo should know that they have been working on trying to get a movie/T.V. show together for years.

Schwa
05-21-2013, 10:34 PM
It is a T.V. show based on a game franchise,not the same as Defiance.And anybody that knows anything about Halo should know that they have been working on trying to get a movie/T.V. show together for years.

At least I know what happened to Terra Nova now.

DJTrig
05-21-2013, 10:49 PM
At least I know what happened to Terra Nova now.

:( We still have falling skies (back next month).

Armitage
05-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Who actually WANTED a live-action Halo show? Sounds like a Ballmer idea...

Schwa
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Who actually WANTED a live-action Halo show? Sounds like a Ballmer idea...

I tried reading an autobiography about a high-level guy that worked at Microsoft.

Page 1 to page 200 was pretty much "Ballmer doesn't know what he's doing." I couldn't even get through the thing because that's pretty much the thesis.