PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Charger | Defiance Commercial Timeline

Zeiban
05-21-2013, 08:36 PM
1st Scene: Near Future - Arkfall
2nd Scene: 2023 - Beginning of the Pale Wars
3rd Scene: 2031 - Armistice/EMC Disbanded
4th Scene: 2046 - The Dodge near Defiance following/chasing what looks like to be Spirit Riders.

Arkfall was in 2030 near the end of the Pale Wars that started 2023. The timeline is wrong. If they had omitted the dates then it could have worked because the Pale Wars didn't end until 2031.

Any ideas what the 3rd scene is? It looks like a prison in the background but I can't find anything that would match for that date except what I mentioned above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NcuG_WMNYfM#!

Epyon
05-21-2013, 08:45 PM
1st Scene: Near Future - Arkfall
2nd Scene: 2023 - Beginning of the Pale Wars
3rd Scene: 2031 - Armistice/EMC Disbanded
4th Scene: 2046 - The Dodge near Defiance following/chasing what looks like to be Spirit Riders.

Arkfall was in 2030 near the end of the Pale Wars that started 2023. The timeline is wrong. If they had omitted the dates then it could have worked because the Pale Wars didn't end until 3031.

Any ideas what the 3rd scene is? It looks like a prison in the background but I can't find anything that would match for that date except what I mentioned above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NcuG_WMNYfM#!

3031? go back just a little.

Zeiban
05-21-2013, 09:07 PM
3031? go back just a little.

Thanks! Fixed.

WhiteCell
05-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Sometimes I seriously question the mental state of people that would be persuaded to purchase a major purchase like a car due to such absurd advertising. After I watched that commercial I literally "WTF'd". Another bad one is from KIA with that female robot. Do people watch that nonsense and be like "Oh, gonna buy that"?

Epyon
05-21-2013, 09:11 PM
The war mightve ended but the post-arkfall was chaotic and I doubt everyone agreed with the armistice . The scenes they showed dont have to be from a particular place, maybe it was a deserted place somewhere in which they encountered raiders/ volge/ insert random enemy here.

Epyon
05-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Sometimes I seriously question the mental state of people that would be persuaded to purchase a major purchase like a car due to such absurd advertising. After I watched that commercial I literally "WTF'd". Another bad one is from KIA with that female robot. Do people watch that nonsense and be like "Oh, gonna buy that"?
We live in a world where people do believe everything in advertizing.

Zemenar
05-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Do people watch that nonsense and be like "Oh, gonna buy that"?
Sadly yes. I remember when the Bumblebee "promo" was released after the childhood shattering Transformers movie and know a few ppl that did buy those cars =/

As for the timeline in that commercial? *shrugs* Dodge doesnt care as much as Syfy and Trion would for that kinda historical accuracy they just want to sell their themed cars, so they'll go with what seems more dramatic, and the sky falling leading up to fighting in ruins is more dramatic than starting off with random fighting in the streets that leads to the sky falling.

cusman
05-21-2013, 10:13 PM
I liked the commercial... do they have a longer cut of it anywhere?

Era
05-21-2013, 10:54 PM
There is a simple explanation for this. The astronaut from the Axe commercial that got caught in the temporal warp to end up in 2046 ended up dragging part of the Arkfalls going on during that period with him on the way back.

Edit: The much more mysterious thing about the commercial is the implication is that it's the same car through the commercial, but in the third scene the steering wheel is on the right while it is on the left in the previous two.

Schwa
05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Dodge charger travels through time, duh. It can go wherever the hell it wants.

WesleyEng com
05-22-2013, 12:52 AM
They should of used the Dodge Charger in game instead of the Challenger. The Dodge Charger has available AWD and is more offroad worthy.

squid509
05-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Do people watch that nonsense and be like "Oh, gonna buy that"?

I don't think people would go that overboard

after i saw the car in game I did go to the dodge web side at look at the car some thing I would not have done if I did not see that ad
but that doesn't mean im going droop $30k on a new car I don't need or want