PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it.

Bull
05-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I was just playing and I drove by one player surrounded by a hulker, a monarch and about 20 random hellbugs. I stopped to help him out and he asked me what the hell I was doing on his mic. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. I figured he'd want the help. Am I interfering with some achievement or something? I thought helping each other was something positive in this game.

Obderiath
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Might'a hit a bug or something he needed by accident. Lots of people can be ******s about stuff like that. I doubt you did anything that really set him back, so no worries bro.

Olaf
05-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Judging by the description you just gave, it could very well be he was farming that Project Aegis Part 1 mission, the last turret where the hulker/monarch and hellbugs spawn.

Bull
05-21-2013, 11:52 PM
It was on the road between torcs place and the lower left corner of the map.

Obderiath
05-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Yeah, probably was the Project: Aegis stuff. It never bothered me when people drove through. No sense or use being a jerk about it!

Yardragon
05-22-2013, 03:06 AM
I was just playing and I drove by one player surrounded by a hulker, a monarch and about 20 random hellbugs. I stopped to help him out and he asked me what the hell I was doing on his mic. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. I figured he'd want the help. Am I interfering with some achievement or something? I thought helping each other was something positive in this game.
helping each other is positive in this game...
ppl like that shouldn't even be playin' defiance.

ewen1972
05-22-2013, 03:45 AM

Well if you ever see me in that predicament then I'd be pissed if you didn't stop! :-D

ghost_ol3a
05-22-2013, 04:43 AM
Well if you ever see me in that predicament then I'd be pissed if you didn't stop! :-D

hey ewen dont be stealing my kills damn it ;)

Zabuza
05-22-2013, 08:18 AM
That guy really wanted you help, that's just how he says thanks. He also wants you to tell him everything you think is wrong with the game, in great detail. You just have to speak his language, When he says STF.U it means "So That's Fairly Unfortunate."

So get out there and help him with that Hulker.

Nikola Tesla
05-22-2013, 09:22 AM
That guy really wanted you help, that's just how he says thanks. He also wants you to tell him everything you think is wrong with the game, in great detail. You just have to speak his language, When he says STF.U it means "So That's Fairly Unfortunate."

So get out there and help him with that Hulker.

This made me laugh, oh man, great post. But yeah, if it was last night during the 11-12pm EST hours he may have been trying to farm Hulkers to win a hellbug Plush. Still no reason to be rude.

Thorburn
05-22-2013, 09:40 AM
That was me bro.
I was yelling at you because you werent responding when I wasnt yelling. I was sure your mic gets broken by this game all the time just like mine. All I was trying to say was: "Hey thanks for helping out I sure was a gonner befor you came by, hope to see you in the forums!!!"

Traxx
05-22-2013, 09:48 AM

I'll take all the help I can. Don't let this stop you from helping others, some appreciate it.

Rokea
05-22-2013, 10:01 AM
I know when I'm cruising through the bay if I see someone getting the shtako beat out of them I stop an help.

Obderiath
05-22-2013, 10:47 AM
I know when I'm cruising through the bay if I see someone getting the shtako beat out of them I stop an help.

Lies. You left me fer dead years ago, ya dog, and now I'm here fer mah showdown!

NoahsArkfall
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Had a player do the same to me at that spot before. He got mad because he didn't want to share the hulker for weapon xp. I stayed until I had two weapon types leveled for pursuits.

Bull
05-22-2013, 11:25 AM
That was me bro.
I was yelling at you because you werent responding when I wasnt yelling. I was sure your mic gets broken by this game all the time just like mine. All I was trying to say was: "Hey thanks for helping out I sure was a gonner befor you came by, hope to see you in the forums!!!"

Ah. I hadnt heard you up until then. I have not gotten a mic yet so that might play into why I don't hear everything. I think I'll go today and get one. My first console was atari so I grew up without mics and other perks. I guess it's time to get with the times.

Nikola Tesla
05-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Ah. I hadnt heard you up until then. I have not gotten a mic yet so that might play into why I don't hear everything. I think I'll go today and get one. My first console was atari so I grew up without mics and other perks. I guess it's time to get with the times.

I recommend the sony wireless headset, I have one myself, and let me tell you it has taken more falls than I care to think about, from standing head height, and still works beautifully. I also love the fact that I can choose between hearing more of the game sound, or more of other players voice, there are even times where someone is so quiet I have to tune it to just voice to hear them and it's great that I can do that.

Cephious
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I recommend the sony wireless headset, I have one myself, and let me tell you it has taken more falls than I care to think about, from standing head height, and still works beautifully. I also love the fact that I can choose between hearing more of the game sound, or more of other players voice, there are even times where someone is so quiet I have to tune it to just voice to hear them and it's great that I can do that.

this. you can't beat wireless 7.1 surround sound either

Covington
MMO... this is what needs to be fixed with this game... Massively Multiplayer Online... yet wanting to be alone because the task requires us to be alone is crazy talk for a true MMO.

Bull

I'll look for that. Thank you.

ewen1972
05-22-2013, 12:48 PM
hey ewen dont be stealing my kills damn it ;)

I can't guarantee that ghost, once I see something big, I break out the old combat shotgun and just start shooting everything that moves!

Tortuga121
05-22-2013, 04:02 PM
I hear ya there on that idea. I had someone stop by today and helped me out of a Hellbug jam, told him/her thanks and catch em' later.

There really isn't a need in the game to be unwelcoming.:eek: