PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice Explosive 101 changes?..

wizard6135
05-22-2013, 03:21 AM
Or am I just going crazy, I swear the last boss has been beefed up, by alot. At first I thought it was just a newbie's night in, because every group I got in no one would plant the explosives and were just laggish (Not judging, everyone has a first time) but then I get put in this really great team, we took the Hulker down in like a minute and half. But the second we get to Desko (err spell check) we take like 15 minutes to kill him.

Now, the reason I find this odd is because I've mad three characters so far, two out of them got the kill desko under 5 minutes on they're first run. Now when I'm trying to do it, no matter the group - we just can't get it done. So, does anyone else feel he's gotten stronger or am I finally going down the psychosis hole?

*edit

I should add I've ran Explosives 101 about 12 times now

FantasyMeister
05-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Desuko seems the same as usual to me, fought him last night, used ground pounders on the lights and the usual infectors/dps during his floaty phases, no problems.

I don't think he's changed, you're just going through one of those unlucky phases. I get these often, sometimes I'll beat the Hulker at San Quentin without even taking a hit, other times I'll die a few times just getting to him then fail to avoid every single ground punch, stomp and rocket he throws at me. It's just lack of concentration on my part, mostly.

wizard6135
05-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for your thoughts, friend. I guess I'll keep trying

Big Jack Shepard
05-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I haven't noticed any changes.

ISLAND3R
05-22-2013, 04:49 PM
I've noticed changes to every enemy in the game, sometimes!!!! I know that sounds crazy but that's how I feel. I was running motherlode with a buddy and he said, man these guys seem tough. It was the exact same thing I had been thinking at that time. And I've noticed it several times over the past little while.

Omnifarious Xji
05-22-2013, 07:54 PM
I haven't noticed anything different with Dekuso. Just ran EXP 101 again.

wizard6135
05-23-2013, 03:30 AM
I wouldn't say Dekuso is /harder/ just more health or something.. Like I said, its just seems to be taking longer to kill him now. Its been two days of straight Explosive 101 runs, and still haven't been able to do it, again I find it so odd because I never had a problems with my other characters.

Indra Echo
05-23-2013, 05:00 AM
I wouldn't say Dekuso is /harder/ just more health or something.. Like I said, its just seems to be taking longer to kill him now. Its been two days of straight Explosive 101 runs, and still haven't been able to do it, again I find it so odd because I never had a problems with my other characters.

I've noticed that 101 itself seems more effed up than usual. Out of literally dozens of tries, logging off and back on, even backing out of the game completely and also fast travelling to other locations to enter matchmaking, I've been able to actually find only a few "real" games. It's not just me because there are always others with me. The map is empty of foes, and not because someone has cleared it because the Cerberus part where you drive through the water has no foes either, and no one ever kills all of them.

The game always gets to the hulker point where it says to go through the building-you enter the hulker's room, cutscene, and then no hulker and no way out. Even having everyone die (and players are not in a group) does nothing.

The few times I've been able to face Dekuso (once I was completely alone), it's been impossible to beat him quickly. What I have noticed is his security turrets seem to be able to hit you in places where they were unable to before-I used to stand directly under them and not get hit by them, but that doesn't work anymore. And the mobs are way more aggressive. This is really ticking me off since it's the last coop pursuit I need (getting him done in under 5 minutes) and it does seem a lot harder to do. A group of us were pretty sure we'd done it last night because we did it a quickly as possible, but no such luck.

What some of the others noticed is that there used to also be a certain point where his HP starts to drop quickly but it no longer does that.

Quebra Regra
05-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I've noticed that 101 itself seems more effed up than usual. Out of literally dozens of tries, logging off and back on, even backing out of the game completely and also fast travelling to other locations to enter matchmaking, I've been able to actually find only a few "real" games. It's not just me because there are always others with me. The map is empty of foes, and not because someone has cleared it because the Cerberus part where you drive through the water has no foes either, and no one ever kills all of them.

The game always gets to the hulker point where it says to go through the building-you enter the hulker's room, cutscene, and then no hulker and no way out. Even having everyone die (and players are not in a group) does nothing.

The few times I've been able to face Dekuso (once I was completely alone), it's been impossible to beat him quickly. What I have noticed is his security turrets seem to be able to hit you in places where they were unable to before-I used to stand directly under them and not get hit by them, but that doesn't work anymore. And the mobs are way more aggressive. This is really ticking me off since it's the last coop pursuit I need (getting him done in under 5 minutes) and it does seem a lot harder to do. A group of us were pretty sure we'd done it last night because we did it a quickly as possible, but no such luck.

What some of the others noticed is that there used to also be a certain point where his HP starts to drop quickly but it no longer does that.

Noticed after the patch yesterday I got my arse handed to me several times in some pretty standard/easy conflicts. In trying to figure out what the hell was going on, I watched enemy fire go right through the walls of several buildings, and terrain features. WTF!?!?!? We already didn't really have a cover system, and now standing behind a crate, wall, chunk o' ground, isn't even stopping enemy fire anymore? I did notice that some of the larger items like placed vehicles, etc. still count as cover.

Seriously this is broke, when an enemy can just crank shots at high rate/accuracy across the map, and half of what was cover no longer provides any cover.

Don't go blaming my internet speed, I'm fiber to the modem, without any other symptoms of delay, etc..

Methinks it's time to hang this up for a while.

wizard6135
05-23-2013, 06:41 PM
I knew I wasn't going crazy, I just knew it!

ACHIEVEMENTS, PURSUITS AND CONTRACTS
● ‘Save Your Ganchis’ achievement can now be completed.
● ‘101 Keys’ pursuit can now be completed.
● Fixed an issue that caused mutants at the South Radio Tower not to count towards the ‘Atlas Attrition’ contract.
● Fixed “Equip a [weapon type]” pursuit objectives to trigger off equipping mission rewards.

● ‘Save Your Ganchis’ achievement can now be completed.
● ‘101 Keys’ pursuit can now be completed.

● ‘101 Keys’ pursuit can now be completed

pursuit can now be completed

completed