PDA

View Full Version : A bad day

Aranhawk
05-22-2013, 04:57 AM
Either im just unlucky or someone up there doesnt like me, Im 4k+ ego with limited options in game, I log in to just 1 small akfull and a 15minute queue in competative pvp so i thought to myself i will trade a ton of my salvage into keycodes and test my luck on lockboxes......Almost 200k salvage brought me enough for 3x tier4 lockboxes ( 192 keycodes ) thats a rough equivilant to 39 completed co-ops......alot of serious game time...

My prize= zero epic and a mix of blue and green quality items

I did something similar 3 weeks ago with 27x tier3 lockboxes and got 5 epics, you do the math on how many items this is, Its not a pretty picture

I so believe the reward system in game needs a total overhaul.

alred
05-22-2013, 05:17 AM
I purchased a tier 4 box yesterday, and got an orange pistol with siphon on it. My 1st orange, and the first time I used a weapon with siphon. Damn, it's a nice effect.
I typically buy tier 4 because I seldom do anything else with key codes or salvage.

Aranhawk
05-22-2013, 05:27 AM
I congratulate you on your luck, My clan buddy also had an orange after i opened those 27 boxes, Like i said ....Someone up there doesnt like me..

doggirl211
05-22-2013, 05:53 AM
I congratulate you on your luck, My clan buddy also had an orange after i opened those 27 boxes, Like i said ....Someone up there doesnt like me..

Sadly, its not just you :( Although I've never bought that many in a row, its all I do with my keys, and I've never gotten an orange, been playing since release. I prefer pistols.....would've squealed like Bobby Hill if I'd have gotten that pistol Alred was talking about!

Anthalus
05-22-2013, 06:24 AM
I have stopped trading salvage for keys as I am fed up with wasting them as my RNG luck gives me at least 2 shotguns per box and usually a rocket/ grenade launcher, I do not like any of those weapon types, not saying they are no good just that they do not suit the way I play. Have had 3 Oranges a nice SAW a decent AR and a shotgun.... but none for 2 weeks. I generally use Sniper rifles either type is fine, SMG's, AR's, Infectors and SAWs, so getting shotgun after shotgun is really annoying. Hoping we get something useful to spend my ~2 Million Ark Salvage on.

Jab
05-22-2013, 07:45 AM
I feel OP's pain... I'm only 1700 EGO, but I've played through the campaign twice, and spent all of my resources on tier 4 boxes (probably 15-20 to date), and never gotten an orange. I cry a little inside when I go to the trading forums and see all these legendaries for trade. It'll be even better when we can reset their mastery points from tomorrow's patch.

Aranhawk
05-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Should i mention ive completed the story 7 times!

Crazo
05-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp this bumppppppppppppppppppppppp
trion
read
this
and
fix
it
ok?

crasher
05-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Should i mention ive completed the story 7 times!

I've yet to complete any game.

I get to a part I like, play that for a bit, then move on.
Finishing a game is so final....

I've been playing STALKER for 5 years now, and never even considered finishing it.
I just keep hunting badguys...

BrassRazoo
05-22-2013, 03:20 PM
3 x Blues and 1 x Green seem to be the most common combination for me.
I buy at least 1 a day and sometimes 2 depending on Arkfalls.
I can't even remember the last time I saw a Purple let alone an Orange.

PrimalSiren
05-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Either im just unlucky or someone up there doesnt like me, Im 4k+ ego with limited options in game, I log in to just 1 small akfull and a 15minute queue in competative pvp so i thought to myself i will trade a ton of my salvage into keycodes and test my luck on lockboxes......Almost 200k salvage brought me enough for 3x tier4 lockboxes ( 192 keycodes ) thats a rough equivilant to 39 completed co-ops......alot of serious game time...

My prize= zero epic and a mix of blue and green quality items

I did something similar 3 weeks ago with 27x tier3 lockboxes and got 5 epics, you do the math on how many items this is, Its not a pretty picture

I so believe the reward system in game needs a total overhaul.

This is me too. /cry

Adrena Chrome
05-23-2013, 10:31 PM
The game is intended for trading and clan building unfortunately. I also have one friend who has never gotten an orange. lvl 2500... Then there is my clanmate phantom. Pulls an orange every other box!!! Guess you just have to have the luck... I trade for my synergy's and preffered weapon's lvl 3300

Dirk Dingo
05-23-2013, 10:38 PM
well I have 2 characters I play and have around 10 oranges between the 2, and the funny thing is, one character uses mainly assault rifles and the oranges are shotguns and launchers, and the second uses shotguns and snipers, and has orange sniper rifles...2 derailers, and a few subs that are orange, from what I see, whatever you use the most, you never get an orange in that weapon, I was lucky with the sniper rifles though, but the rest seems a little off by what you use, almost intentional, lol.

Jab
05-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Out of curiosity, why do you play two characters? RP?