PDA

View Full Version : SyFy's Defiance site and videos not working

bigdirty
05-22-2013, 06:14 AM
So what's the deal with this? I'm trying to watch videos on the SyFy site and it keeps saying the content is currently unavailable.

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Defiance/

They got lots of commentary videos and behind the scenes stuff I love to watch, not to mention the previews for the next episode and second half the season that Showcase in Canada doesn't show. Is content on SyFy's website only available to US users or something? It's bad enough when I load up defiance.com and it takes me immediately to Showcase.ca instead of the real Defiance site.

Is there any way around this that people have discovered?

MagellanD
05-22-2013, 06:19 AM
So what's the deal with this? I'm trying to watch videos on the SyFy site and it keeps saying the content is currently unavailable.

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Defiance/

They got lots of commentary videos and behind the scenes stuff I love to watch, not to mention the previews for the next episode and second half the season that Showcase in Canada doesn't show. Is content on SyFy's website only available to US users or something? It's bad enough when I load up defiance.com and it takes me immediately to Showcase.ca instead of the real Defiance site.

Is there any way around this that people have discovered?

You do know that these sites aren't tied right? Syfy doesn't support trion and trion doesn't support syfy.

Daergar
05-22-2013, 06:30 AM
You do know that these sites aren't tied right? Syfy doesn't support trion and trion doesn't support syfy.

Indeed, completely unreasonable to ask "people" in the Defiance game forum regarding Syfy's Defiance site for help. Especially in light of the whole "never before done cross-over goodness between MMO and tv-show" thing they have going. Good input, now under the bridge you go? Thanks.

As for the problem, if you're outside the US (and whatever other select regions), you're not worthy enough to view the material. It makes me feel like a valued customer. I assume you can use some proxy software to borrow an US IP, I just can't be bothered and definately don't feel like I should need to do so.

bigdirty
05-22-2013, 06:31 AM
I know this site has a ton of show fans and is a lot more active than any other Defiance forum out there. Lot of non-American fans as well who might want to watch the videos, too.

lalaur
05-22-2013, 06:41 AM
I know this site has a ton of show fans and is a lot more active than any other Defiance forum out there. Lot of non-American fans as well who might want to watch the videos, too.

Use Chrome browser with plugin 'Media hint' then you can Watch the show even if you're not in US.

crasher
05-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Indeed, completely unreasonable to ask "people" in the Defiance game forum regarding Syfy's Defiance site for help. Especially in light of the whole "never before done cross-over goodness between MMO and tv-show" thing they have going. Good input, now under the bridge you go? Thanks.

As for the problem, if you're outside the US (and whatever other select regions), you're not worthy enough to view the material. It makes me feel like a valued customer. I assume you can use some proxy software to borrow an US IP, I just can't be bothered and definately don't feel like I should need to do so.

Wow.
Deftly and gently put.
My regards to you, Sir.
:D

bigdirty
05-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Use Chrome browser with plugin 'Media hint' then you can Watch the show even if you're not in US.

Thx I will try that solution out.

stasisimo
06-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Media hint is the solution. Available on Chrome and Firefox.

Sanguinesun
06-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Indeed mediahint is what I've been using for quite some time.