PDA

View Full Version : Random loot boost?

Shadow Reeper
05-22-2013, 06:14 AM
ok i finally decided on the getting the season pass (even though ive been playing since day 1)
But nowhere did it mention i would get a large loot boost.
i just checked my boosts an hour ago and i have a large time loot boost.
Is it because of the Season pass or have trion just give us it for some reason/

..............im lost

Shadestryke
05-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Strangely enough, I bought the season pass today and noticed a sudden increase in drops. Didn't think to check my boosts though. I'll have to do that later and find out...

crasher
05-22-2013, 07:16 AM
I had a random set of boost icons on the upper left of my screen on pc for several hours on Monday.
They weren't always all there at the same time, sometimes singley.

Had no idea what they were until a considerable time into their 'visit' that I happened to see reference to the icons in one of the screens inside the utility section.

No additional DLC stuffs for me, yet.

Strangely enough, I bought the season pass today and noticed a sudden increase in drops. Didn't think to check my boosts though. I'll have to do that later and find out...

Those are the boost icons I mention.
Top left in a vertical column to the left of your score etc info banner (on pc).

Sull
05-22-2013, 07:17 AM
I'd gladly exchange the silly hell bug cap I have for a loot boost.

Shadestryke
05-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Those are the boost icons I mention.
Top left in a vertical column to the left of your score etc info banner (on pc).

Unfortunately, I'm on PS3 and I've never noticed any helpful icons in the UI. Although, to be fair, I'm usually concentrating on shooting stuff around the 'Have you tried a Co-op Map/PVP/Shadow War' pop ups I'm always getting these days. :)

Just been on and checked my boosts. Turns out I have 165 hours left on a 10% loot boost. Don't know where it came from, but I'm not complaining :D

crasher
05-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Unfortunately, I'm on PS3 and I've never noticed any helpful icons in the UI. Although, to be fair, I'm usually concentrating on shooting stuff around the 'Have you tried a Co-op Map/PVP/Shadow War' pop ups I'm always getting these days. :)

Just been on and checked my boosts. Turns out I have 165 hours left on a 10% loot boost. Don't know where it came from, but I'm not complaining :D

I hope you score some righteous swag.
:)

Shadestryke
05-22-2013, 07:46 AM
I hope you score some righteous swag.
:)

Thanks, you and me both! Shame it's mostly just white SMGs at the moment... Be great to get some decent weapons just before the patch that allows us to reset weapon xp though! :P

Inch
05-22-2013, 09:15 AM
If you're in a clan, especially a big clan, clanmates sometimes buy boosts for the group.

crasher
05-22-2013, 09:17 AM
If you're in a clan, especially a big clan, clanmates sometimes buy boosts for the group.

Thanks for that.
The question now becomes buying a clan boost and avoiding overlapping with other guys.....

Shadow Reeper
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
from what i can see i got a week long Self loot boost, i have no idea wheres thats from.
Has there been a special loot boost thing going on that i dont know about?

Arsenic_Touch
05-22-2013, 01:28 PM

Clan boosts are broken, so it's not that.

As for the OP, I received a loot boost when I put the season pass on my account as well, guess it was intended.

Shadow Reeper
05-22-2013, 02:33 PM
I was just a little confused about the situation as when i purchased the season pass it did not mention any loot boost addition, just the hellbug hat and lock box.
This is me not complaining about it, the loot boost is appreciated i was just wondering where it came from and thought id bring it up to see if others could shed any light on it and see if it happened to others also

crasher
05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
from what i can see i got a week long Self loot boost, i have no idea wheres thats from.
Has there been a special loot boost thing going on that i dont know about?

Most things going on, I don't know about.
You'd be amazed at the number of loops I'm outta.

Shadow Reeper
05-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Most things going on, I don't know about.
You'd be amazed at the number of loops I'm outta.

I suppose i should just enjoy it and get on with things.

crasher
05-22-2013, 10:50 PM
I suppose i should just enjoy it and get on with things.

You know what they say:
"What you don't know,
Will just sneak up behind you with a baseball bat and bludgeon the snot outta you when you aint ready.'

Thats been my experience, anyway.