PDA

View Full Version : People who bombard you with clan invites..

BreadBox
05-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Are really annoying, amiright? But seriously, these people can't take a hint. You decline the first invite, they send you like another 5. Making clans in this game was a good idea, but there sure are some people who literally try to FORCE you to join them.

Tango80
05-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah i know what you mean. However this always happens in an MMO if your not in a clan/guild expect a crapton of invites from people you don't know.

BreadBox
05-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Yeah i know what you mean. However this always happens in an MMO if your not in a clan/guild expect a crapton of invites from people you don't know.

Oh yeah, I know. I'm just saying, it's annoying. lol

unknown
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
I get invites all the time. I always decline them, but it doesn't stop them from asking. I run solo, like to do my own thing. Just keep hitting the decline button.

N3gativeCr33p
05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I've never received a random clan invite while I've been playing this game... but random friend requests, on the other hand... ;)

BreadBox
05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I get invites all the time. I always decline them, but it does stop them from asking. I run solo, like to do my own thing. Just keep hitting the decline button.

Yeah..I prefer to play the game with people I know..otherwise I usually just go it alone.

Tango80
05-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Well this is supposed to be a social game hence the MMO but with chat being goofy and the mics not working well. Not to mention the dude with the open mic playing some gawd awful cat screech in the back ground it makes me want to mute my area chat permanently.
Which cut's down on the social aspect of the game.

unknown
05-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I usually mute when I'm at the arkfalls. I've had multiple players asking to join there clans nonstop.

BreadBox
05-22-2013, 10:15 AM
I usually mute when I'm at the arkfalls. I've had multiple players asking to join there clans nonstop.

Yeah it seems like people like to broadcast clan invites after the arkfalls are over..they just stand around like a pre-recorded message. And I've had people STALK me and spam me with Clan invites..it's ridiculous.

Tango80
05-22-2013, 10:18 AM
My thing is whats so awesome about having a huge clan? Especially right now where there isn't really much to do clan wise.

Ooo Arkfall. They are getting a bit boring except when there are only like 5 to 10 people at it.
Ooo co-op map. Boring all you need is a luke warm ability and intelligence to beat them.
Pvp. Meh i'm on the sideline on this one. While in the Comp maps you can have 4 of your clan teaming up to take down the other team it's still filled with cloakers with shotguns because the maps are too small. (still waiting on freight yard hopefully all the bugs have been squashed.)
Shadow Wars is ok i guess but when most of the killing is usually done by atv's it gets pretty repetitive really quickly.

BreadBox
05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
My thing is whats so awesome about having a huge clan? Especially right now where there isn't really much to do clan wise.

Ooo Arkfall. They are getting a bit boring except when there are only like 5 to 10 people at it.
Ooo co-op map. Boring all you need is a luke warm ability and intelligence to beat them.
Pvp. Meh i'm on the sideline on this one. While in the Comp maps you can have 4 of your clan teaming up to take down the other team it's still filled with cloakers with shotguns because the maps are too small. (still waiting on freight yard hopefully all the bugs have been squashed.)
Shadow Wars is ok i guess but when most of the killing is usually done by atv's it gets pretty repetitive really quickly.

Yeah..the huge clan that I get like atleast 10 invites every so often from is the Browncoats. There'll be little groups of them around and most of the time they keep to themselves, but sometimes there's one that will just follow you around, spamming clan invites, teleporting to you if you leave the area..it's ridiculous.

unknown
05-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah..the huge clan that I get like atleast 10 invites every so often from is the Browncoats. There'll be little groups of them around and most of the time they keep to themselves, but sometimes there's one that will just follow you around, spamming clan invites, teleporting to you if you leave the area..it's ridiculous.

DAMN, I'm glad mine isn't as bad as yours. I don't have anyone stacking me. Maybe it's bc you're doing good at the arkfalls.

Tango80
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Well I enjoy my Puny clan. Because as is there's not much to do yet in the game yet for clans. So there really isn't a point other than to stop people from annoying you because your not in a clan. But it does put a damper on the social aspect because it's puny.

Does it stop me from playing with other people in other clans? No never. I would however just spend the scrip to make a 1 man Clan so you don't get annoyed by others spamming to join their clan.

unknown
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM

Yup. I tried the pvp a few times and it's nothing but cloakers and shotguns, so I gave that up.

BreadBox
05-22-2013, 10:35 AM
DAMN, I'm glad mine isn't as bad as yours. I don't have anyone stacking me. Maybe it's bc you're doing good at the arkfalls.

Yeah..I usually do pretty good at arkfalls if I can get to them when they start. I've topped a few and usually come in no less then 4th or 5th place with points.

Rooster
05-22-2013, 11:00 AM
My apologies sir it may seem like there is always one dude following you around but that could be just chance because we have so many members. I will be the first admit that if I see a name that doesn't have a clan tag I shot a invite to it. I'm sure there has been multiple times where IV sent an invite to the same person but its not meant to be harassing I just go down the list of all nearby and send invites while I make my multiple daily vendor runs. If a name sticks out and I know they declined I don't send another but I do enjoy my horticulture medicine that's known to affect ones short term memory so mistakes happen.

BreadBox
05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
My apologies sir it may seem like there is always one dude following you around but that could be just chance because we have so many members. I will be the first admit that if I see a name that doesn't have a clan tag I shot a invite to it. I'm sure there has been multiple times where IV sent an invite to the same person but its not meant to be harassing I just go down the list of all nearby and send invites while I make my multiple daily vendor runs. If a name sticks out and I know they declined I don't send another but I do enjoy my horticulture medicine that's known to affect ones short term memory so mistakes happen.

It's no problem..I just wish they could take a hint..lol

Rooster
05-22-2013, 11:28 AM
It's no problem..I just wish they could take a hint..lol

I can understand your frustration and again I apologies. If there is a dude in our clan stalking you give me their name and ill put a stop to it but to be fair if you have an amazing rack and back side can you really blame the dude.

BreadBox
05-22-2013, 11:29 AM
I can understand your frustration and again I apologies. If there is a dude in our clan stalking you give me their name and ill put a stop to it but to be fair if you have an amazing rack and back side can you really blame the dude.

Ha ha ha, hey, I can't help it if I made my character hot. XD

SolidHD
05-22-2013, 11:34 AM
could just use them for their clan boost if they have any and still go solo...free boost why not

dann3820
05-22-2013, 12:26 PM
just turn invies off dude