PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 1 & Quatum Break / Defiance model clone

NxN
05-22-2013, 10:09 AM
A video game that is going to interact directly with a live action TV show!?!? That is such an original and unique idea.... /sarcasm.

So with the release of Xbox1, I, unlike some others, was not initially to worried about Xbox's continuing support of Defiance on the 360 even tho the X1 isnt backwards compatible. Until I did some more reading and discovered the game (and apparent TV show) Quantum Break, now it isnt set in a futuristic semi apocalyptic world with aliens from what I can tell... but it is the same model base the Defiance platform is working off of now "letting the show and game collide"

So maybe Defiance is already on a downhill slope... thoughts?

N3gativeCr33p
05-22-2013, 10:10 AM

Your thread title needs to be edited.

Malgiliath
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Should you consider Defiance on a downward slope, please feel free to leave, trade in and leave more <insert favourite mob here> for the rest of us to slaughter.

FrkyDkyDutch
05-22-2013, 10:46 AM
A video game that is going to interact directly with a live action TV show!?!? That is such an original and unique idea.... /sarcasm.

So with the release of Xbox1, I, unlike some others, was not initially to worried about Xbox's continuing support of Defiance on the 360 even tho the X1 isnt backwards compatible. Until I did some more reading and discovered the game (and apparent TV show) Quantum Break, now it isnt set in a futuristic semi apocalyptic world with aliens from what I can tell... but it is the same model base the Defiance platform is working off of now "letting the show and game collide"

Muted ... I kid. You have to seriously give them some time. Most games have one to two gear life spans in the console world. Granted people will play them longer, while others will play them a lot shorter. I do not understand why people are on this negative Nancy trip regarding Defiance.

Play the game. Watch the show. Relive the moments. Enjoy it while it is here. Think of the things to come.

iBallsoHard
05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Honestly why do peeps go so defensive! ??.. lol.. he just asked a question!??. **** for all we konw this.. this quatum breakor what ever its called will be the new Defiance we all hop and jump over if they do this ish right... lets be honest who is still going to be playing this game when gta 5 and a bucnh of other triple A games come out1??. Don't forget the next gen consols and there exclusive there going to release!??. Not to be negative but realistic. . O by the way I like defiance and have high hopes for its success but competion is coming in hot so defiance gots to step up.. **** defiajce has lost a **** ton of peeps already.. idk good luck defiance!!.. :-)
Ps don't even care bout my spelling and ish I'm at work and shouldn't be on my phone anyways lol..

FrkyDkyDutch
05-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Ha! I was not getting defensive by any means. Just we have plenty of time until the next gen systems are out. Just need some patience. ;)

MagellanD
05-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Careful apparently they don't like you advertising/talking about other games here.
Trion doesn't like competition

*Cough* Destiny *Cough*

Bane Farseeker
05-22-2013, 01:02 PM
While I don't know if Quantum Break really is a Defiance-like Game/Show crossover, I think it would be good if it was. I want people to iterate and improve on interesting ideas.

Imagine this: You watch the TV show streaming from your XBOX, and then at key moments in the show you could be launched directly into the game to fight some important battle. They could even have multiple endings in the show based on how you do. Maybe those are bad ideas but you can see the potential an Xbox hosted tv show / game combo could be.

NxN
05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Honestly why do peeps go so defensive! ??.. lol.. he just asked a question!??. **** for all we konw this.. this quatum breakor what ever its called will be the new Defiance we all hop and jump over if they do this ish right... lets be honest who is still going to be playing this game when gta 5 and a bucnh of other triple A games come out1??. Don't forget the next gen consols and there exclusive there going to release!??. Not to be negative but realistic. . O by the way I like defiance and have high hopes for its success but competion is coming in hot so defiance gots to step up.. **** defiajce has lost a **** ton of peeps already.. idk good luck defiance!!.. :-)
Ps don't even care bout my spelling and ish I'm at work and shouldn't be on my phone anyways lol..

I know, right? I'm not trying to bash Defiance, I love Defiance. If anything I'm mad at this Quantum Break game/series cause the advertise it like the first of its kind. A game that crosses over with a series, and my response to that is "Uh, hello?" .... it just has me slightly more worried now that the X1 has a game planned with the same cross over content that Defiance has pioneered. Also, Quantum Break should give props were props is due.

AdobeJones
05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Imagine this: You watch the TV show streaming from your XBOX, and then at key moments in the show you could be launched directly into the game to fight some important battle. They could even have multiple endings in the show based on how you do. Maybe those are bad ideas but you can see the potential an Xbox hosted tv show / game combo could be.

I think this is more in line with what they might be planning. Instead of having the show and game be two separate entities that can be enjoyed on their own, Remedy might be planning a show/game that are one in the same. Watching the show will transition directly into the game and vice versa. Remedy played around a little with the cross media experience with Alan Wake and their live action "Bright Falls" web shorts.