PDA

View Full Version : Ok could i get some kind of offical answer to this question???

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:10 PM
this was said by sledgehammer in another thread..as pertaining to sieges.

No they will not be available at launch as outlined.

"This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!"

So my question is even tho we are getting the big patch tommorow we still wont get any new missions story or anything untill new episodes air?

Meaning atleast 2 more weeks or longer depending on what missions go with whayt episodes?

Im only asking so this can be cleared up as alot of folks are thinking the new missions and all will become abvailable with the patch. And if thats not the case the backlash will be horrid if not cleared up before patch release.

Also this is noway to deminsh the big patch tommorow it ooks great. But people will blow a stack if they exspecting some new content then find out its not unlocked ..

Cyripax NeoPrime
05-22-2013, 12:12 PM
I thought sieges would come with the patch

Warlander
05-22-2013, 12:13 PM
hmm well i havnt played in a week cause theres noyhing to do im hoping sieges will be available tomorrow, if not...guess im not playing for a couple more weeks, man this game is ridiculous

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:14 PM
I thought sieges would come with the patch

not according to sledges post. thats why i asked this question alot of people were exspecting new missions and such with the patch but after seeing that post im not so sure now. Looks like they are in the patch but wont be released untill new episodes. wich is atleast another 2 weeks away.

MagellanD
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
That is a good Question.
Upon first reading I was under the impression sieges would start. However as you highlight this is in question due to the political corporate double speak.

Now I am lost.
Thank you for pointing out this inconsistency.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
That is a good Question.
Upon first reading I was under the impression sieges would start. However as you highlight this is in question due to the political corporate double speak.

Now I am lost.
Thank you for pointing out this inconsistency.

Np and i dont feel like its to much to ask for a offical response. As it would go along way to curb the backlash if its not unlocked yet.

MagellanD
05-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Np and i dont feel like its to much to ask for a offical response. As it would go along way to curb the backlash if its not unlocked yet.
I think this goes hand in hand with the communication thread I just started.
They gave us two days notice for patch.
I hope they don't give us two days notice on DLC

Renfield
05-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Could you post a link to Sledge's comments that you're referring to? I read those patch notes and interpreted them to mean that there would be new missions, sieges, etc on Thursday.

NM...Dev tracker...d'oh

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Could you post a link to Sledge's comments that you're referring to? I read those patch notes and interpreted them to mean that there would be new missions, sieges, etc on Thursday.

NM...Dev tracker...d'oh

And i believe many other people myself included thought the same thing. But now idk what to think.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
I also presented this question in the offical patch thread so maybe between the 2 can get an answer. I only remade the question post here so it wouldnt get lost in the waves of the other thread.

To me this seriously deserves an answer.

IGears
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Patch 1.020 will arrive on Thursday, May 23rd 7:00AM PT and we plan to have 4 hours of scheduled downtime. Below you will find a link to the official patch notes, but please utilize this thread for discussion around the upcoming content.

Patch 1.020 - Buckshot (Stay on Target)

GENERAL
● Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show. This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!
● We’ve continued to optimize areas around the game world to improve performance.
● Even more updates to improve server performance.
● Continued to optimize voice chat options and functionality. You should hear less robo-voice, stuttering, warbling, and slurring.
● The PvP map, Freight Yard, is back!
● The Dam Defense Hotshot is available again.

Updated 5/22 - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?73283-Defiance-Patch-1.020-Discussion&p=673139&viewfull=1#post673139

it said that there will be new content as well as sieges...

sQuinty
05-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Let's take the whole bullet point in context.

● Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show. This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!

So word for word, I would think that there may be some new content around recent events (I didn't watch the last show though), but primarily they are patching in new content that will unlock with future tv shows.

Not sure Sieges have specifically been seen in the show (haven't watched this weeks yet) but based on what I have heard on the boards it hasn't, so based on how it's worded I would assume they won't be available day 1 of the patch, though some other content should be.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:35 PM
it said that there will be new content as well as sieges...

yes but sleadge also said in a post this morning that it wouldnt be at patch launch that it would be opened along side new episodes.
wondering even tho its in the patch are we going to have to wait for the corresponding episodes meaninbg atleast 2 weeks maybe longer

ironhands
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I think they're referring to the fact that the patch size will be large, and include the upcoming content. However, some, if not all, will not be activated until specific episodes air.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Let's take the whole bullet point in context.

So word for word, I would think that there may be some new content around recent events (I didn't watch the last show though), but primarily they are patching in new content that will unlock with future tv shows.

Not sure Sieges have specifically been seen in the show (haven't watched this weeks yet) but based on what I have heard on the boards it hasn't, so based on how it's worded I would assume they won't be available day 1 of the patch, though some other content should be.

wwell as sieges go the only one i can think of is the volge one i n the pilot episode. and im guessing thats not the trigger for in game. but for the episode content or new missions im not sure what to think now but i truely hope you are right.

As i said if that patch hits and theres no new content thats immediantly able to be done the backlash from people will be horrendous.

Thats not saying i think it all should be open already. just saying alot of folks are under the immpression there will be some that is available at patch release.

Sledgehammer70
05-22-2013, 12:41 PM
this was said by sledgehammer in another thread..as pertaining to sieges.

No they will not be available at launch as outlined.

"This content will be released alongside new episodes. In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!"

So my question is even tho we are getting the big patch tommorow we still wont get any new missions story or anything untill new episodes air?

It is fairly clear that the new TV tie-in content will become playable along with new episodes of the TV show and not tomorrow. This patch simply includes the code your client needs to turn them on and play it when we make it available.

IGears
05-22-2013, 12:46 PM
It is fairly clear that the new TV tie-in content will become playable along with new episodes of the TV show and not tomorrow. This patch simply includes the code your client needs to turn them on and play it when we make it available.

So, what will be available when the patch is released?

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:50 PM

Wow just wow ...I get that the new episode missions need to go hand in hand with the show, But they way this patch was hyped and worded it lead alot of people to believe there was some kind of new content being opened up with the patch.

Now that we see that isnt the case i honestly dont know how to feel. Disapointed dosnt seem like the right word tho.so another 2 weeks or more before anything new. this is just my oppion but i have to say i am utterly disgusted, Maybe it should be with myself

For misunderstanding the hype hell idk. but this is getting very hard tto deffend anymore atleast from my perspective.

ironhands
05-22-2013, 12:51 PM
delete this please

loops73
05-22-2013, 12:51 PM
not according to sledges post. thats why i asked this question alot of people were exspecting new missions and such with the patch but after seeing that post im not so sure now. Looks like they are in the patch but wont be released untill new episodes. wich is atleast another 2 weeks away.

sieges are in the patch notes, they will be here tomorrow

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:52 PM

no they wont they will be in the patch but will not be unlocked tomorrow. as per sledges own statement.

StarBat
05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Hopefully when the season ends, we don't have to wait for new content, and the show has to play catch up.
Kinda silly that the content is ready to play, but we can't do it until Nolan decides to do something similar.
Couldn't it just as easily go the other way? "We just got word from the bay area! Volge are attacking towns like crazy, and they're heading this way!"

ironhands

but not playable.

"This content will be released alongside new episodes."
"it includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!"

StarBat
Edit* Double post

thejx4

Read OP, post, call it a day.

/rtwt

thejx4
05-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Hopefully when the season ends, we don't have to wait for new content, and the show has to play catch up.
Kinda silly that the content is ready to play, but we can't do it until Nolan decides to do something similar.
Couldn't it just as easily go the other way? "We just got word from the bay area! Volge are attacking towns like crazy, and they're heading this way!"

Just one of the trade offs. We get to be a part of the action, while others watch it.

sQuinty
05-22-2013, 12:55 PM

So will there be any new content in the game for "recent" events then?

I think using recent in the patch notes doesn't help the issue of if there will be new content or not.

Based in this quote though I would guess recent, means recent in the future.

IGears
05-22-2013, 12:56 PM

you are behind on tihings now.

Sieges will appear before the DLC #1 release.

StarBat
05-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Just one of the trade offs. We get to be a part of the action, while others watch it.

True, but this isn't so much "When game and show collide" as it is "When game does something from the show"

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 12:57 PM
i got to say man i love the game and have deffended and called them out on crap but this just kinda blows me away. its like swtor all over again promise crap to the last minute then say oh wait you guys misunderstood what we was saying.

its realy disheartening atleast to me,

sQuinty
05-22-2013, 12:58 PM

Would be cool if it went both ways, have some new events in the game during the series break, that help tie the two seasons together. Maybe even show some in game footage of events happening during the season 1 episode (not sure how tv viewers would like this though).

Warlander
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
And look still no reason to play, and more people walk away.

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
i got to say man i love the game and have deffended and called them out on crap but this just kinda blows me away. its like swtor all over again promise crap to the last minute then say oh wait you guys misunderstood what we was saying.

its realy disheartening atleast to me,

It seems like you did legitimately misunderstand what he was saying, is English your first language? I don't see anything promised and then changed.

Warlander
05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
It seems like you did legitimately misunderstand what he was saying, is English your first language? I don't see anything promised and then changed.

Its funny since day one this has been happening, very poor communication, lots of disapointment, but keep fanboying it up, this game is doing really well, and has a huge population and lots of sales, people totally arnt leaving by the car full....yeah

thejx4

I think, the hype of finally having meaningful new content, combined with the somewhat strange wording in the patch notes, is the cause of the confusion.

StarBat
Would be cool if it went both ways, have some new events in the game during the series break, that help tie the two seasons together. Maybe even show some in game footage of events happening during the season 1 episode (not sure how tv viewers would like this though).

Oh, I can tell you right now they'd be angry... Right now the game is an extension of the show, not the other way around. Gamers will watch a show, lots of Viewers (even syfy's viewers) are not gamers. Even if they recreated the events as like... a 5 minute intro with real actors, people would be all like "WTF is this?! You mean I have to play the game to get all the details of this particular event!? RAGE!"

thejx4
05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
True, but this isn't so much "When game and show collide" as it is "When game does something from the show"

That's pretty how much how it's always gonna be. Until the later seasons will there will probably be a lot more action.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 01:07 PM
I think, the hype of finally having meaningful new content, combined with the somewhat strange wording in the patch notes, is the cause of the confusion.

yea i think your right.

Pyth
Edit: Nevermind. Sledge posted below me and now I have a clear answer.

A dissapointing answer, just like much of the game, but an answer none the less.

Sledgehammer70
Patch 1.020 was always meant to be a patch that fixed bug and tech issues within the game. It wasn't until we posted the notes for 1.020 that we revealed new TV tie-in content was going to be added and released in the future. We could have simply left those details off the notes, but we wanted to tease upcoming content.

We have never hyped this patch to be anything outside of a patch that fixes on going issues within the game.

Sledgehammer70
05-22-2013, 01:08 PM
My reading comprehension must be poor because I'm still confused by the way Sledge is describing it. Will seiges be available tomorrow along with the patch? A simple yes or no answer would suffice.

Sieges will NOT be playable tomorrow.

IGears
05-22-2013, 01:10 PM

yep, he even said this in Across the Badlands that Sieges are part of the DLC. I was also caught up in the Patch notes interpretation as well.

Warlander
Sieges will NOT be playable tomorrow.

ANd there we have it folks, ive already had nothing to do for weeks, and here i thought this weekend there might be something to do, ah well at least never winter is fun, GG trion GG, better start sending out resumes guys.

Durva360
The patch is getting the game ready for the DLC not very hard to understand.

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Its funny since day one this has been happening, very poor communication, lots of disapointment, but keep fanboying it up, this game is doing really well, and has a huge population and lots of sales, people totally arnt leaving by the car full....yeah

Fanboying what up? Because I didn't say "game sucks" in my statement? Guy said a promise was broken, doesn't appear he understood the statement correctly, given what appears to be a language barrier.

The message was pretty clear, especially when sieges were announced as being part of the DLC, but will be arriving before the DLC by the look of it.

Did I say anything about the game doing well, or the population? In the two sentences I made, there is no reference to the state of the game. If you are somehow reading that from what I'm typing, it's no wonder you see a communication issue...

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:12 PM

Yup, selective reading disorder; people only see what they want to see.

Wraieth
Patch 1.020 was always meant to be a patch that fixed bug and tech issues within the game. It wasn't until we posted the notes for 1.020 that we revealed new TV tie-in content was going to be added and released in the future. We could have simply left those details off the notes, but we wanted to tease upcoming content.

We have never hyped this patch to be anything outside of a patch that fixes on going issues within the game.

You got to be freaking kidding me? so the stuff on across the badlands where you guys talked about the content being added in patch 1.20 wasnt hype? the crap on the blog talking about the content being added wasnt hype?

dont speak to us like we are ****ing 5 year olds waiting for the next transformer. Maybe if you guys learned to word stuff right it wouldnt have been this way..

You wanted to tease us with upcoming stuff fine just say that dont put it in wording leading people on. I havnt been an *** to this point but be damn certain i can be if warrented.

StarBat
That's pretty how much how it's always gonna be. Until the later seasons will there will probably be a lot more action.

I can't tell you how many times I heard the developers of both the show, and the game, saying that neither one came first. They were created together. I can understand that the show needs to take priority, it's a potentially very profitable IP.

My only complaint is waiting for content BECAUSE of the show. Had the show not existed, this content would be playable immediately. No matter how you look at it, the show IS holding up content at this point.

StarBat
05-22-2013, 01:13 PM
*freakin lag* double post again

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:13 PM
yep, he even said this in Across the Badlands that Sieges are part of the DLC. I was also caught up in the Patch notes interpretation as well.

I can't see why anyone would think they're sooner, in fact, I'm surprised that they'll be out at all prior to the DLC

thejx4
05-22-2013, 01:14 PM

From the blog

As proof of us striving towards being better we have another major update coming, known as the TV Tie-in or Patch 1.020, and it’s coming out this month. It has further bug fixes, improvements, as well as new TV Tie-ins - one of which will utilize a new open world game mode called Sieges.

From your reply to one of my questions after the blog was posted

I'm confused. Is the DLC packaged with Patch 1.020? It says the TV Tie-Ins will utilize the new Sieges game mode, but that apparently won't be available until the DLC is released? Can we get some clarification on this?

No, the first DLC is not packaged with patch 1.020. Patch 1.020 will arrive this month and will bring more TV tie in content and a new game mode 'Sieges'. The DLC release date has not been announced yet.

Don't want to seem like an ******* or anything, but you guys did hype it up to be a content patch.

Warlander
05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
From the blog

Don't want to seem like an ******* or anything, but you guys did hype it up to be a content patch.

I really think trion thinks were all stupid

Zabuza
05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
My only complaint is waiting for content BECAUSE of the show. Had the show not existed, this content would be playable immediately. No matter how you look at it, the show IS holding up content at this point.

Part of the package Bro.

IGears
05-22-2013, 01:16 PM
You got to be freaking kidding me? so the stuff on across the badlands where you guys talked about the content being added in patch 1.20 wasnt hype? the crap on the blog talking about the content being added wasnt hype?

dont speak to us like we are ****ing 5 year olds waiting for the next transformer. Maybe if you guys learned to word stuff right it wouldnt have been this way..

You wanted to tease us with upcoming stuff fine just say that dont put it in wording leading people on. I havnt been an *** to this point but be damn certain i can be if warrented.

i didnt think you saw my post.

IAMVILELENT
05-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Fanboying what up? Because I didn't say "game sucks" in my statement? Guy said a promise was broken, doesn't appear he understood the statement correctly, given what appears to be a language barrier.

The message was pretty clear, especially when sieges were announced as being part of the DLC, but will be arriving before the DLC by the look of it.

Did I say anything about the game doing well, or the population? In the two sentences I made, there is no reference to the state of the game. If you are somehow reading that from what I'm typing, it's no wonder you see a communication issue...

They shouldn't have said anything about it, they only said it to hype up, and they know what they are doing, its simple marketing, they say it and miss word and construed it to keep people interested. and now that the cat is out of the bag, expect player pop to drop again.

If this is the case of them just "letting us know whats coming", they would just tell us the rest of the DLC's that they supposedly have setup and ready, but they don't, because it might ruin the TV show, but oh wait, they told us about sieges and volge, so its safe to assume that in 2-3 weeks we will see something in the show regarding the volge taking over parts of land. I just don't understand this companies logic anymore.

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:18 PM
From the blog

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Richardsson
As proof of us striving towards being better we have another major update coming, known as the TV Tie-in or Patch 1.020, and it’s coming out this month. It has further bug fixes, improvements, as well as new TV Tie-ins - one of which will utilize a new open world game mode called Sieges.

we all know that tie-in content doesn't go live right away, don't we? perhaps that is the source of the misunderstanding

Zabuza
05-22-2013, 01:20 PM
I really think trion thinks were all stupid

It's no wonder with all the whine whine blah blah derpa blah derp derp whine. Herpadur whine blah blah! Overpowered durr herrz! Nerf blah blah whine derpa derp. Derpa blah lied derpum mier! WHINE BLAH WHINE DERP!! WHINE, I quit play if demands not met derpa herdur!

Hope499
05-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I have ALWAYS been under the impression that ALL of those things were coming with the DLC.

I mean, we were ALL here reading what the DLC includes, and you ALL saw Siege mode on there...

Did you think it was going to be released twice? I don't get it...

Has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it has to do with people being greedy and impatient...be lucky your getting anything for free shesh...

I would almost like them to release nothing now, just to see everyone blow up lol.

Actually...no I want new arkfalls too much....but it would still be funny

ironhands
They shouldn't have said anything about it, they only said it to hype up, and they know what they are doing, its simple marketing, they say it and miss word and construed it to keep people interested. and now that the cat is out of the bag, expect player pop to drop again.

If this is the case of them just "letting us know whats coming", they would just tell us the rest of the DLC's that they supposedly have setup and ready, but they don't, because it might ruin the TV show, but oh wait, they told us about sieges and volge, so its safe to assume that in 2-3 weeks we will see something in the show regarding the volge taking over parts of land. I just don't understand this companies logic anymore.

Yes, it's somewhat clear you don't.

The first DLC was intended to come out on on the first day of the series, and introduce the Volge into the game. It's no spoiler that the Volge are in the game. We've been waiting on Volge content for a month at this point.

The patch info wasn't really so much to hype things, as reassure people that they are actively working on bug fixes and new content. Some people were hyped up about it, but I really don't see how it could be misconstrued as being immediately available. Tie-in content is always held back until the tie-in episode airs.

I want new content as much as anyone, don't get me wrong here, and I would have liked it this weekend, or 2 weeks ago, or the day it was planned to have been released, but there's little point venting my frustration; I have other games to play, just like you do.

Wraieth

yea i didnt see it and i wasnt rageing at you. And i also offer appologies to other posters for my outburst that just seriously got under my skin. I will do my best to refrain from it in the future.

And to the poster that asked my first language is cherokee learned english in school and all but even now when family we speak the old language. That and i have a rare form of dixlexia when im writeing or reading sometimes letters get switched around.

Even if i know hoiw to spell it somehow between my brain and my hand it gets mixed up , And i intentionaly spell some words wrong when it gets real bad because its easier than fighting with it lol. Happens worse when i get uptight.

IGears
05-22-2013, 01:24 PM
I can't see why anyone would think they're sooner, in fact, I'm surprised that they'll be out at all prior to the DLC

I dont know at all... i guess i cant read.. im going to try and break it up to see how this can mean what it means.

From the Patch notes:
Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show.

This content (in the patch) will be released alongside new episodes.

In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it (content in the patch) includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!

I see it now but i dont know why i think it going to be available tomorrow.

thejx4
05-22-2013, 01:24 PM

He clearly stated that it's not in the DLC. It's been said many, many, many times that Sieges would appear before the first DLC.

JBsteel
05-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Wasn't the Volge attack on defiance, what sieges are going to be in the game? If so then they already happened and so they can be put in the game since they already aired on the show.

thejx4
05-22-2013, 01:27 PM
I have ALWAYS been under the impression that ALL of those things were coming with the DLC.

I mean, we were ALL here reading what the DLC includes, and you ALL saw Siege mode on there...

Did you think it was going to be released twice? I don't get it...

Has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it has to do with people being greedy and impatient...be lucky your getting anything for free shesh...

I would almost like them to release nothing now, just to see everyone blow up lol.

Actually...no I want new arkfalls too much....but it would still be funny

This is another issue. DLC 1 was supposedly pushed back and was meant to launch awhile ago, so how would Sieges have been included in that if we're not actually getting this content until 2 weeks from now? Are they different Sieges?

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=thejx4;673608]He clearly stated that it's not in the DLC. It's been said many, many, many times that Sieges would appear before the first DLC.[/QUOTE

for me it wasnt even the sieges. It was more the thought of having new episode missions. and other missions.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 01:28 PM
and in reality there was a siege in game the volge did it in the pilot episode.

but again i didnt realy think the pilot was what tied it to the game either.

Sledgehammer70
05-22-2013, 01:29 PM

My quote was simply drafting off of Nathan's response in his blog. If the way I typed it came off as it will be available on Day 1, that was not and never was the intention.

"TV Tie-ins - one of which will utilize a new open world game mode called Sieges."

Again, Sieges will come with new TV tie-in content. The patch is bringing the code into the game that allows us to turn that content on when that TV content is slated to go live. So in turn 1.020 is bringing the new Sieges game mode to Defiance. It is just not playable on day 1.

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I dont know at all... i guess i cant read.. im going to try and break it up to see how this can mean what it means.

From the Patch notes:
Along with numerous improvements and bug fixes, this update also includes new content that will tie in with recent and future events around the Defiance TV show.

This content (in the patch) will be released alongside new episodes.

In the interest of avoiding spoilers, we’ve omitted specifics, but it (content in the patch) includes new missions, new goals, and a new open world game mode called Sieges!

I see it now but i dont know why i think it going to be available tomorrow.

People often misinterpret things different, especially when there are potential language barriers, even some subtleties within the same language can exist. Unless things are done point form, with specific care, it's very easy to misunderstand a specific phrase, as we see in this instance.

People misunderstand what I say many times, and read too much into what I say. I choose my words very, very carefully most of the time, for that exact reason, but even so, it's not always possible to be 100% clear, especially when people will often choose to only read what they want to.

StarBat
05-22-2013, 01:30 PM
This is another issue. DLC 1 was supposedly pushed back and was meant to launch awhile ago, so how would Sieges have been included in that if we're not actually getting this content until 2 weeks from now? Are they different Sieges?

Trion: Looks like we won't have the siege stuff ready for the show's launch.
Syfy: Don't worry about it, there's another Volge attack coming in like... 8 weeks, just wait on all new content until then.

IAMVILELENT
05-22-2013, 01:32 PM
Yes, it's somewhat clear you don't.

The first DLC was intended to come out on on the first day of the series, and introduce the Volge into the game. It's no spoiler that the Volge are in the game. We've been waiting on Volge content for a month at this point.

The patch info wasn't really so much to hype things, as reassure people that they are actively working on bug fixes and new content. Some people were hyped up about it, but I really don't see how it could be misconstrued as being immediately available. Tie-in content is always held back until the tie-in episode airs.

I want new content as much as anyone, don't get me wrong here, and I would have liked it this weekend, or 2 weeks ago, or the day it was planned to have been released, but there's little point venting my frustration; I have other games to play, just like you do.

This is the exact reason MOST of the community is pissed. Below I quoted.

From the blog

I think only 2-3 people saw it differently, you being one of them. I'm not sure how you received a different conclusion, if you've kept up with dev comments and the blog, you were assuming tomorrow we have access to sieges and new content, which will tie in with that will be happening on the TV show.

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:33 PM

I had assumed they merged parts of DLC 2 into DLC 1 /shrug

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:37 PM

I think only 2-3 people saw it differently, you being one of them. I'm not sure how you received a different conclusion, if you've kept up with dev comments and the blog, you were assuming tomorrow we have access to sieges and new content, which will tie in with that will be happening on the TV show.

I'm going by Sledges original post, as well as the DLC info posted on the "you just keep coming back" community post. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere that suggests otherwise however. Regardless, any misunderstanding should now be resolved.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Well for me im thinking its time for a break. i in no way mean im quitting as thats not the case but i think a few weeks away will do me good lol. Havnt been this invested in a game in many years,

I usaly just playem and shelve em . But idk maybe with the show and all i just felt invested.

I truely wish everyone the best and smack a hulker for me if you get the chance, gonna finish out the main story again today. then take that break. goodluck all and most importantly have fun.

ironhands
05-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Well for me im thinking its time for a break. i in no way mean im quitting as thats not the case but i think a few weeks away will do me good lol. Havnt been this invested in a game in many years,

I usaly just playem and shelve em . But idk maybe with the show and all i just felt invested.

I truely wish everyone the best and smack a hulker for me if you get the chance, gonna finish out the main story again today. then take that break. goodluck all and most importantly have fun.

That's the best way to handle it; there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break. I only put in an hour or maybe 2 per week. I just beat Nim on Sunday. I drop in to check new pursuits or tie-ins, there's really nothing else pulling me back in. Guess I should do more co-ops, might try a few new ones this weekend.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 01:54 PM
That's the best way to handle it; there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break. I only put in an hour or maybe 2 per week. I just beat Nim on Sunday. I drop in to check new pursuits or tie-ins, there's really nothing else pulling me back in. Guess I should do more co-ops, might try a few new ones this weekend.

i usaly run co-ops 3 to 4 a day just to gain keys. they are alot of fun if you get with the right folks and talk/work together. but after 3 or 4 they kinda loos their gloss for the day.

thejx4
05-22-2013, 02:02 PM

The DLC "includes" Battle Arenas, right? Don't you think there would be some confusion if they weren't actually available until 2 weeks after the DLC launches?

When something is included, the common is assumption is that you'll be able to access it. Ya know, when you get it.

daryuujin
05-22-2013, 03:06 PM
The DLC "includes" Battle Arenas, right? Don't you think there would be some confusion if they weren't actually available until 2 weeks after the DLC launches?

When something is included, the common is assumption is that you'll be able to access it. Ya know, when you get it.

Haven't you realized Trion is not very good at giving people what they say they will there is always a catch or its not what we think it is, just like us waiting how many tv episodes for new episode content to come out? Then when we finally get it all it is is "drive here, here,here, here, killa monarch and goto this dungeon" OMGWTFBBQSAUCEONAUNICORN THATS THE MOST AMAZING THING IVE EVER SEEN11!!oneone1!! HOW COULD THEY GET THE GAME AND SHOW TO INTERACT ON SUCH A DEEP LEVEL!! MOST MIND BLOWING REVOLUTIONARY THING EEEEEVA. \ sarcasm

Cmon guys dont take any game content announcements serious or be excited for any of it until you log in and its there, thats what I've learned

IAMVILELENT
05-22-2013, 03:23 PM

Exactly my thoughts with 1.02, it's whatever now though. Kinda over it. I'm just glad to be able to get the echelon rep I guess...

Merrin Nightbringer
05-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Anyone else stocking keys tonight to buy mod boxes tomorrow tomorrow besides me? Since they're supposed to include the new synergies...?

No? Just me? Hmm....

Warlander
05-22-2013, 03:31 PM
anyone else wonder how the rift team can be so good yet the defiance team seems to be made up of interns?

thejx4
05-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Exactly my thoughts with 1.02, it's whatever now though. Kinda over it. I'm just glad to be able to get the echelon rep I guess...

Yeah, I was disappointed that we aren't getting Sieges tomorrow, but that's not my focus anymore. It's finding the source of the confusion, and how to avoid it happening in the future. This is why we need clear, concise details. Why isn't there a sticky topic for Sieges? Why wasn't the blog updated to clarify that Sieges aren't exclusive to the DLC?

Cortechs
05-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Just for the record, I interpreted it as we would get Sieges as tie-in content with a future episode. I mean, isn't that what everyone has been complaining about all along? That the TV tie-ins were not substantial? Now that they have a whole gameplay mode as a TV tie-in everyone is pissed because they have to wait for the actual episode? /boggle

IAMVILELENT
05-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed that we aren't getting Sieges tomorrow, but that's not my focus anymore. It's finding the source of the confusion, and how to avoid it happening in the future. This is why we need clear, concise details. Why isn't there a sticky topic for Sieges? Why wasn't the blog updated to clarify that Sieges aren't exclusive to the DLC?

I'm honestly hoping at this point to get home in time to finish the stupid freight yard pursuits before they take it down again. I'm missing like 400 in Ego just cause of this.

thejx4
05-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Just for the record, I interpreted it as we would get Sieges as tie-in content with a future episode. I mean, isn't that what everyone has been complaining about all along? That the TV tie-ins were not substantial? Now that they have a whole gameplay mode as a TV tie-in everyone is pissed because they have to wait for the actual episode? /boggle

Siege mode is not exclusively TV Tie-in. *One* episode will *utilize* Siege mode. It'd be just like something from the TV influencing Shadow War.

Wraieth
05-22-2013, 08:23 PM

Idk man looks like we kinda only get to hear about things either last minute or when they cant spin it.

MacDeath
05-22-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm going by Sledges original post, as well as the DLC info posted on the "you just keep coming back" community post. I haven't seen anything posted anywhere that suggests otherwise however. Regardless, any misunderstanding should now be resolved.
This misunderstanding seems to be solved for this time. It would seem to be in Trion's interest to more carefully craft these communications to minimize the likelyhood of these misunderstandings. It's for sure in the players' interest.

MacDeath
05-22-2013, 10:53 PM
anyone else wonder how the rift team can be so good yet the defiance team seems to be made up of interns?
Well, as it relates to THIS incident, the Rift team has an extremely good writer for patch notes. Amary has the time to contact the devs and dig out what they meant to say, then say it better on their behalf. Here on Defiance, the very busy CMs end up writing the patch notes as just another one of their many duties. I miss her patch notes.

Sadly, Amary is no longer doing the Patch Notes for Rift either...
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/general-discussion/356778-farewell-good-luck.html