PDA

View Full Version : Best RPG out there?

Quizzical Harpy
06-21-2012, 03:43 PM
By RPG I'm focusing on the RP part. This game has an actual TV series to accompany it and support the lore! What other game has this? It's going to be fantastic RPing in this game :3.

We can even include real life feelings and experiences as it's set in the USA.

It's blowing my mind! :p

Aythir
06-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Warcraft had a trilogy of RTS games and books to help support the lore. Warhammer online has hundreds of books, codex, and fan made things along with the actual table top board game and other computer games.

Im not trying to say your wrong, but I feel its going to come down to how its run rather then what they have to help support the story arc. I have seen many bad shows progress on SY FY and others that I love only last a season.

I hope they do a very good job with the overlapping of both medias, thats one of the main reasons I have shown such a high interest in this is for that point alone.

Quizzical Harpy
06-22-2012, 12:05 AM
I hope they do a very good job with the overlapping of both media, thats one of the main reasons I have shown such a high interest in this is for that point alone.

Yes, if they pull this off it would be one of the most amazing games in history. If it's just mediocre I think people would still play but the cross media thing might not interest people that much.

Punisher
06-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Isn't it a bit early to be anointing this game "the best this" or "the best that"? We really know next to nothing about this game aside from the fact it has a tv show associated with it and it is a Third-person shooter MMO.

The ability to RP in this or any game has little to nothing to do with the setting. Has more to do with your imagination and creativity.

Adsinonimous
06-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Like Punisher said; It's a little early to judge how good of a game this will be and to say what games it will top. However, continuing with Role-play, I will be the sneakiest person you could ever imagine. You wont ever see my character before my sniper bullet reaches your head unless I'm out flashing my muscles. Oh, I'm going to be a Bad-***!

Quizzical Harpy
06-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Isn't it a bit early to be anointing this game "the best this" or "the best that"? We really know next to nothing about this game aside from the fact it has a tv show associated with it and it is a Third-person shooter MMO.

The ability to RP in this or any game has little to nothing to do with the setting. Has more to do with your imagination and creativity.

It just seems to amazing to be able to have this TV being part of what you are actually doing in game! I don't think I could find this kind of immersion anywhere else.

MrMchale
06-26-2012, 12:17 PM
This is actually a rather risky move by TRION. As such I really do hope this succeeds. Though if the series fails I do hope they keep the MMO going and expand it to encompass the area of the series and key areas in between.

Now for you Americans out there, this game whilst based in the US is going to be played by people world wide so for some of us the POV is going to be slightly skewed by our own culture and how we see the American culture, which means for some of us there is going to be a little more role playing emotions rather than inserting real world emotions into the game (which I believe should be left at the log in screen anyhow.).

Quizzical Harpy
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Now for you Americans out there, this game whilst based in the US is going to be played by people world wide so for some of us the POV is going to be slightly skewed by our own culture and how we see the American culture, which means for some of us there is going to be a little more role playing emotions rather than inserting real world emotions into the game (which I believe should be left at the log in screen anyhow.).

Well you do actually need to put some real emotion into RP to make it passionate and entertaining. As I do live in the UK I don't have any personal feelings to these places but with the TV this can be possible as we can feel for the characters and understand, in depth, the lore and storyline.

Aythir
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
When I played Hellgate London I had personal feelings even though I never left the US. Stupid deamons trying to kill humanity... But I do agree with the TV show you should get a better handle and relate better with the characters and the environment of the game.

Evil Wall
02-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Hmmmmmm prob Chrono Trigger!

Arsenic_Touch
02-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Ahaha.... how the mighty have fallen.

Storm58
02-03-2014, 01:23 PM
This was a sad read... :(

Manstan
02-03-2014, 01:39 PM
By RPG I'm focusing on the RP part. This game has an actual TV series to accompany it and support the lore! What other game has this? It's going to be fantastic RPing in this game :3.

We can even include real life feelings and experiences as it's set in the USA.

It's blowing my mind! :p

You have fun with that, maybe you'll find a clan that does that sort of role playing. But I doubt you'll find many people that deep in to it.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but as hard as the devs try there is little that ties the show to the game other then the post-apocalyptic time on earth. I mean even if the show tanked the game could still go on.

But hey, if that is your definition of RPG have fun with it. But this isn't that sort of role playing game, in fact there isn't much role playing involved. Seriously if I was role playing me in this post-apocalyptic future how could you tell? I'd still be me, just not as chunky and much better armed. :D