PDA

View Full Version : Killing yourself no longer successfully completes Challenges.(patch note)

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 04:43 AM
I assume this is aimed at Arkfalls. If you haven't got your revives it appears you won't be able to get a friend to help after the patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB1J6pqXU_g

Anderson
05-23-2013, 04:47 AM
They mean Hot Shot and Rampage.

necrodegmon
05-23-2013, 04:52 AM
I thought they meant contracts during the week there anytime i died it was adding kills on to my contracts that i had not done

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 04:52 AM
I wasn't sure as that was the only reason i knew of to actually down yourself. Other than the Hulker reset.

Vuule
05-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Challenges ≠ Pursuits

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 04:59 AM
Challenges ≠ Pursuits

Don't you complete challenges to get the Pursuit, or is it all considered Pursuit?

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 05:02 AM
I thought they meant contracts during the week there anytime i died it was adding kills on to my contracts that i had not done

I noticed this and thought it was odd. Not really significant enough for attention.

ctabako
05-23-2013, 05:04 AM
I assume this is aimed at Arkfalls. If you haven't got your revives it appears you won't be able to get a friend to help after the patch.

I don't see how they could possibly do that. If this is what they are attempting to do then expect another broken pursuit.

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 05:10 AM
I don't see how they could possibly do that. If this is what they are attempting to do then expect another broken pursuit.

I could be wrong. It was simply my guess. Without a better discription than the title says all I can do is guess. Hopefully all is well and it is just to patch a small exploit.

Era
05-23-2013, 05:45 AM
I figured this was to patch any infinite time glitching on kill challenges since leaving the area autofails you this would mean you don't have a way to actually score if you get infinite time.

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 05:47 AM
I figured this was to patch any infinite time glitching on kill challenges since leaving the area autofails you this would mean you don't have a way to actually score if you get infinite time.

Makes sense. I don't try to cheat on those, so I guess i don't think about them.

cusman
05-23-2013, 07:24 AM

This is what they are going to be fixing... maybe :)

Ichidakiller
05-23-2013, 07:33 AM
This was done because people used to be able to get gold level on dam defense kill yourself get exp, salvage and scrip and repeat. Doing this allowed people to level way to fast. This is the reason dam defense was removed from the game.

This is why this is in the patch notes. Another case of a few people messing up the game for everyone else. Same reason mine 99 got nerfed. Same reason tag and run emergencies were fixed as well. Few people find an exploit, abuse it and everyone has to suffer because of their actions.

Chilmeister
05-23-2013, 07:36 AM
i believe it is to stop players taking it in turns to blow themselves up to get the healing pursuits and so on.

FrkyDkyDutch
05-23-2013, 07:44 AM
All I want Dam Defense back for is to complete the pursuit which involves it. :/ Shame.

Madhava
05-23-2013, 07:59 AM
I thought this was related to hotshots, I'm sure I read somewhere that if u died in one randomly it would complete. But I've never really tested it out.

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Alot of these sound like good explanations. I hope any of them are correct over mine. I don't see downing yourself at an Arkfall as a serious boosting issue.

BJWyler
05-23-2013, 08:43 AM

This does not affect Arkfalls. Challenges are the Hotshots, Rampages, and Time Trials. ArkFalls are ArkFalls and Emergencies are Emergencies. If you look at the full layout of the patch notes, they distinguish each type separately. This specific line is for the Challenges, which are not the same as ArkFalls and Emergencies. As others mentioned, this is most likely to eliminate the glitches in some of the shooting challenges (the Chicken one is the biggie), in which the glitch allowed you to use your own weapon to continue to score points and the only way to finish the Challenge was grenading yourself. This eliminates the effectiveness of the glitch without actually having to stop the glitch from occurring in the first place.

Ichidakiller
05-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Tbh that's the only way I did that one. I tried it had a cluster shot it switched to cluster shot after I ran out of ammo finished and never went back....i got lucky

IntenseSpirit
05-23-2013, 10:30 AM
This is how they fixed Dam Defense. There was an XP farming method where you obtained a gold medal (very easy here), and killed yourself. You would get full reward for a very short time investment.

Indra Echo
05-23-2013, 10:42 AM
I noticed this and thought it was odd. Not really significant enough for attention.

Ok, so what? I have gotten about 60 revives now and never had anyone do this. Also, it's still easy enough to die at arkfalls so someone can revive you. Just die. I believe this is about killing yourself so that a friend can revive you. The patch doesn't say you can't die by some enemy and get revived. But seriously, who needs to do this to get the completed pursuit?

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Ok, so what? I have gotten about 60 revives now and never had anyone do this. Also, it's still easy enough to die at arkfalls so someone can revive you. Just die. I believe this is about killing yourself so that a friend can revive you. The patch doesn't say you can't die by some enemy and get revived. But seriously, who needs to do this to get the completed pursuit?

It's all about time for people. Everyone can get it fair, but everyone wants it right meow.

Lone Star
05-23-2013, 10:48 AM

Understandable, but dag nabit... its gonna be hard rezzing over 1k people with those bmgs and so many people running about..... gonna have to devote a few to just rezzing O.O

Indra Echo
05-23-2013, 10:56 AM
It's all about time for people. Everyone can get it fair, but everyone wants it right meow.

That's my point exactly. And then the same people that try to find all the shortcuts they can will suddenly find they have nothing to do in the game and complain about that.

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 10:58 AM
That's my point exactly. And then the same people that try to find all the shortcuts they can will suddenly find they have nothing to do in the game and complain about that.

Hard to argue with that.