PDA

View Full Version : Downtime

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 06:33 AM
Hi all,

Anybody out there wanna take a stab at guessing how long the downtime is going to be? I know Sledge said 4 hours but we all know their estimates have been underestimated with past patches. Maybe it's 4 hours this time due to the large patch or maybe they're just covering their a**es (in which case, good job). Anyway, I'm confidently guessing a six hour downtime with extensions included. Anybody else?

P.S.

I do like that a lot of things are getting tweaked and fixed (UI, sniper rifle scopes, and arkfall weapon rewards among them) but I still wanted to have a little fun and get the forum involved. So... 6 hours for me. You?

MacDeath
05-23-2013, 06:37 AM
I'm guessing the initial outage will take only 3.5 hours. Then the game will be up for 2 hours and then down for 6 hours.

Gonjamoon
05-23-2013, 06:39 AM
I'm guessing the initial outage will take only 3.5 hours. Then the game will be up for 2 hours and then down for 6 hours.

and then dam defense and freightyard will be removed again

ironhands
05-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Hi all,

Anybody out there wanna take a stab at guessing how long the downtime is going to be? I know Sledge said 4 hours but we all know their estimates have been underestimated with past patches. Maybe it's 4 hours this time due to the large patch or maybe they're just covering their a**es (in which case, good job). Anyway, I'm confidently guessing a six hour downtime with extensions included. Anybody else?

P.S.

I do like that a lot of things are getting tweaked and fixed (UI, sniper rifle scopes, and arkfall weapon rewards among them) but I still wanted to have a little fun and get the forum involved. So... 6 hours for me. You?

a better question might be "How many people will be complaining about the unexpected and unannounced downtime?"

bix
05-23-2013, 06:45 AM
I think the downtime is going to be exactly four hours, and if you log in right when servers go up you'll get sucked in like Tron.

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Right, totally forgot about Freightyard. I'm fairly confident that thing is getting broken again

baelrusk
05-23-2013, 06:50 AM

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm thinking as well.
The forums gonna be filled galore with people complaining that it's taking too long.

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if they were expecting 2 hours and said 4 hours in case problems arose they would have time to work on them. Past experience may be shining through.

Misfit501
05-23-2013, 07:02 AM
I think the downtime is going to be exactly four hours, and if you log in right when servers go up you'll get sucked in like Tron.

I'm down with that!

Chidy1776
05-23-2013, 07:04 AM
I honestly dont mind a little extrs downtime as i understand stuff happens. Its the patch sizes i worry about. My net at home is slow since i live in a rural area and its the only option i have at a whopping 120kb/s lol. Maybe well get lucky things will go smooth.

CrYpToNiTe
05-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Don't really affect me that much... just hope that it'll be up when i wake up in the morning and it does not take 8 hours to update the patch..

drackiller
05-23-2013, 07:06 AM
It`s allready down, let`s see how long it takes.
Unfortunatly i can`t play today, just turned on my PS3 and when the patch is done we will have
to download it and install it...it will be time for me to sleep cause i work at night.

Nycturis
05-23-2013, 07:07 AM
this might finally be the day trion shows all u butheads out there they finally starting to learn console gaming since they are used to only running on the computer this is a big difference...and all the restirctions they have like trying to run a new type of game on a 8year old computer using ****y *** parts and you expect it to just b so easy making the xbox work simultainously with thousands of ppl.....damn are you all rele that retarted that you dont understand how hard it is to put this much **** in a game with this many people and still let it run ****ing good on a 8 year old peice of **** computer ****....

xxpatrick42xx
05-23-2013, 07:08 AM
LOL trion's 4 hours means 6 to 8 hours . Every time they give us an eta it has been 45% longer

Agonist
05-23-2013, 07:08 AM
2 hours, a guess. Half full kinda mood.

DejaVooDoo
05-23-2013, 07:09 AM
servers go up again in 2.5 hours, are taken down again 1.5 hours later, that downtime will be 90 minutes, extended by an hour, extended by an hour, extended by an hour, extended by an hour, extended by an hour

Nycturis
05-23-2013, 07:10 AM
thats how i like it half full lol....even tho i still doubt that but tha last patch was rele close with the 2 hour downtime except they had problems with it after the release

godseamonkey
05-23-2013, 07:11 AM
im going to go with 4 hours down time but itll probably take an hour or 2 to download the new patch but i dont mind just gota find something to do after work while it updates

Blondin
05-23-2013, 07:14 AM
a better question might be "How many people will be complaining about the unexpected and unannounced downtime?"
This.

And how many thread will be created to whine? (you can count this one already).

ghost_ol3a
05-23-2013, 07:15 AM

what the hell are the servers down for??? could have gave us a warning.
just kidding, but i say 5 hrs

squidgod2000
05-23-2013, 07:17 AM
I'm gonna say 5 hr patch + 2 hr emergency patch later tonight.

drackiller
05-23-2013, 07:19 AM
This.

There will allways be whining, or else they would be bored for real. :)

ironhands
05-23-2013, 07:20 AM
This.

"ZOMG this game sucks they said 6 hours and it's a minute past that"

or

"maybe if they used all 6 hours to patch, instead of the 2 that it took, we wouldn't have these bugs an hour later"

Sadly, there's no pleasing everyone. All I hope, is that things go relatively smoothly, and the bulk of the patches are successful. Yes, the patch also will include future content like sieges, and the next batch of episode missions - but they will not be available for a few weeks. A lot of the patch data, is just a pre-load for those events. I'm still expecting to see a lot of "where are sieges?" posts.

Cephious
05-23-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi all,

P.S.

We started a pool on the PS3 General Forums, 5k scrip to enter. My wager is 7hrs 15 minutes of total downtime.

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 07:36 AM
this might finally be the day trion shows all u butheads out there they finally starting to learn console gaming since they are used to only running on the computer this is a big difference...and all the restirctions they have like trying to run a new type of game on a 8year old computer using ****y *** parts and you expect it to just b so easy making the xbox work simultainously with thousands of ppl.....damn are you all rele that retarted that you dont understand how hard it is to put this much **** in a game with this many people and still let it run ****ing good on a 8 year old peice of **** computer ****....

Sorry, not sure what you're trying to say. Is English your first language? Because if it is, you really should go back to school... :D

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 07:37 AM
We started a pool on the PS3 General Forums, 5k scrip to enter. My wager is 7hrs 15 minutes of total downtime.

I'd be so in but I'm on the xbox :/

Good luck to you in your pool though!

Myst
05-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Everybody should be filing their nails while the servers are down!

Ensu
05-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Everybody should be filing their nails while the servers are down!

My nails are way too long!

Madhava
05-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Sorry, not sure what you're trying to say. Is English your first language? Because if it is, you really should go back to school... :D

I think the only important thing to understand about his post is.....His an x-box gamer.:p

Myst
05-23-2013, 07:48 AM
My nails are way too long!

Go get a manicure!

Azumi RM
05-23-2013, 07:52 AM
*4 hours base + 1 hour unexpected extension
*Server up for 30mins to 1 hour
*Server Taken down for emergency maintenance. No ETA given.
*1 hour later the server is up.

Spread over the next 6hr 30min - 7hrs ... I would estimate a total of 6 hours of down time.
Would I expect freight yard or other maps to be back in the game? Yes, briefly. They will be the cause of the emergency maintenance.

Of course, I could be wrong and all the required maintenance could be completed in 4 hours and everything turns out perfect in the game.

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 07:56 AM
No shot everything is going to be perfect just from past experience.
But it seems like you have a pretty good itinerary up there

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 07:57 AM
I think the only important thing to understand about his post is.....His an x-box gamer.:p

B-b-b-b-but... I'm an xbox gamer :( lulz

Shadestryke
05-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Ok, servers coming back up now. Who had 4 hours exactly? :p

ironhands
05-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Ok, servers coming back up now. Who had 4 hours exactly? :p

nicely done lol

let's see if they stay up

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Freight yard has a two hour window for itself until it gets broken

ironhands
05-23-2013, 11:19 AM
i expect the xbox to drop in a few minutes, reports of freezing in the boosts menu

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Revived topic! Seriously, I just got disconnected and now they add in a downtime like it was scheduled the entire time. Oh well, at least my sniper rifle works now

crasher
05-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Revived topic! Seriously, I just got disconnected and now they add in a downtime like it was scheduled the entire time. Oh well, at least my sniper rifle works now

Where'd you get that part?

I got disco'd at about 14:50EST.

Beta582
05-23-2013, 11:58 AM

Probably this.... In the mean time I will be playing World of Tanks.....

ghost
05-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Where'd you get that part?

I got disco'd at about 14:50EST.

**** you and your ponies.

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Approaching 8 hours (not counting the one hour we were actually able to play) and still no sign of stopping. Anyone have 10?

DejaVooDoo
05-23-2013, 04:01 PM
servers go up again in 2.5 hours, are taken down again 1.5 hours later, that downtime will be 90 minutes, extended by an hour, extended by an hour, extended by an hour, extended by an hour, extended by an hour

Oh the good ol' days. I was so naive.

Can't believe I was actually giving trion too much credit in my first post.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Love the fact that someone had the foresight to post this thread first thing this morning.

I'm just laughing at this point.

baelrusk
05-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Love the fact that someone had the foresight to post this thread first thing this morning.

I'm just laughing at this point.

Well when you think about it......somebody obviously would given the patch history.

Mr Mazin
05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
if people didn't find excuses for themselves to exploit games, like by duplicating items and just play the game as it was intended we'd all be playing right now... sledge needs to put his hammer to all the god damn evil dupers' consoles and give them ****ed up patches that give their xbox's red rings...

a2thelee
05-23-2013, 05:11 PM
if people didn't find excuses for themselves to exploit games, like by duplicating items and just play the game as it was intended we'd all be playing right now... sledge needs to put his hammer to all the god damn evil dupers' consoles and give them ****ed up patches that give their xbox's red rings...

People (not all) are going to exploit things of that nature if they're available and it doesn't matter what system they play on. You can get off your high horse now because that's probably why you sound so butt hurt.

And I change my original estimation of 6 hours (first post) to a sideways 8. That's right, infinite downtime. We're never playing again. Boom.