PDA

View Full Version : So I gotta question...

MJGoodbarr
05-23-2013, 07:48 AM
How many people use titles that are related to their sports team?

I rock "Giant Slayer" because I'm a loyal Philadelphia Eagles fan, y'kno? I'm in my 20th season of playing, keepin' the faith, no injuries yet, haha.

Shoot, you could even be a L.A. Dodgers fan and use that title.

"Raider Hater" must be a given. Charger or Broncos fans? I'll even go back to say Steelers fans? Remember Tatum and Atkinson? The first ever bounty hunters, ask Lynn Swann.

Are there any other sports related titles I'm missing?

DejaVooDoo
05-23-2013, 07:52 AM
As a skins fan, I want 'Cowboy Killer' (or 'Star F**ker') and 'Bane of Boo Town'

Dandrielas
05-23-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't even like sports, so the answer is no.

MJGoodbarr
05-23-2013, 07:55 AM
As a skins fan, I want 'Cowboy Killer' (or 'Star F**ker') and 'Bane of Boo Town'

It's funny because as much as I hate Dallas, they don't bother me. That's team lawn chair down there. They just fold up. Even their fans are mediocre. No loyalty, haha.

Unsent Soul
05-23-2013, 07:57 AM
I just rock my "tank" title since its the most work I've put into the game so far from leveling up bmgs. Getting close to my commando title and leveling up infectors is a breeze compared to bmgs.

DejaVooDoo
05-23-2013, 08:00 AM
It's funny because as much as I hate Dallas, they don't bother me. That's team lawn chair down there. They just fold up. Even their fans are mediocre. No loyalty, haha.

Also, they're far enough away that when they get priced out of tix, they don't make a day trip to Nats park and act like a bunch of drunk soccer fans. Boo, to Boo Town

MJGoodbarr
05-23-2013, 08:05 AM
I don't even like sports, so the answer is no.

You should, even if it's just casual. Catching a game with some friends and kickin' back with whatever suits you is always a good day.

MJGoodbarr
05-23-2013, 08:07 AM
I just rock my "tank" title since its the most work I've put into the game so far from leveling up bmgs. Getting close to my commando title and leveling up infectors is a breeze compared to bmgs.

"Tank" could be Adrian Peterson worthy. I know he's "All Day" but he's also a tank.

Dandrielas
05-23-2013, 08:10 AM
You should, even if it's just casual. Catching a game with some friends and kickin' back with whatever suits you is always a good day.

Too many rules and regulations. The only sports I actually liked were the original MMA fights where they could do basically anything. I see sports as more of a training regiment for fighting, so when they add rules, I can't take it seriously since there are no rules in fighting.

MJGoodbarr
05-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Too many rules and regulations. The only sports I actually liked were the original MMA fights where they could do basically anything. I see sports as more of a training regiment for fighting, so when they add rules, I can't take it seriously since there are no rules in fighting.

I'm a boxer. I respect all fighters and their styles, any true fighter would. The days you talk about were straight Gladiator days where exactly as you put it, they could do anything...

Dandrielas
05-23-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm a boxer. I respect all fighters and their styles, any true fighter would. The days you talk about were straight Gladiator days where exactly as you put it, they could do anything...

I am a practitioner of Eskrima, so I was trained to strike areas that aren't allowed in most arenas to win a fight. I prefer those type of fights though because in the end rules hold you back. There is no honor in combat. You do what it takes to win.

N3gativeCr33p
05-23-2013, 09:14 AM
I rock "Giant Slayer" because I'm a loyal Philadelphia Eagles fan, y'kno? I'm in my 20th season of playing, keepin' the faith, no injuries yet, haha.

I don't understand what giant slayer has to do with being a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles.

DejaVooDoo
05-23-2013, 09:15 AM
I don't understand what giant slayer has to do with being a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles.

NY Giants are the Eagles' main division rival

born2beagator
05-23-2013, 09:17 AM
He hates the New York Giants and the Giants are in his team's division;)

anyways my gamertag is in honor of the Florida Gators. Character name is different

N3gativeCr33p
05-23-2013, 09:18 AM
NY Giants are the Eagles' main division rival

Seeing as how they finished with a 4-12 record last season, they didn't appear to be slaying much of anything. Other than Andy Reid's coaching tenure, of course.

benji509
05-23-2013, 09:19 AM
how longs its gonna b b4 it comes back online its **** waiting to play a game

o ASYLUM o
05-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Heh, never thought of using the titles for sports. Gonna rock the Raider Hater during football season. Gotta show some love for the hometeam back in San Diego while i'm in New Orleans.

MJGoodbarr
05-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Seeing as how they finished with a 4-12 record last season, they didn't appear to be slaying much of anything. Other than Andy Reid's coaching tenure, of course.

Andy Reid had to go. I believe it was a year late.

Yeah, we've had a rough go at it the last few years, but I stay true. Without loyalty I'd just be a fair weather Boston fan, haha.

MJGoodbarr
05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
He hates the New York Giants and the Giants are in his team's division;)

anyways my gamertag is in honor of the Florida Gators. Character name is different

Big fan of Florida football. In fact, I can be a snob and basically count out everyone outside the SEC. We all know that's the best football in the country.