PDA

View Full Version : PVP Evolution would have lessened SG/Cloak, Nerf not needed...

Coolrockski
05-23-2013, 08:06 AM
I play a good bit of PVP and it seems like cloak/shotgun users are down. I see a lot more players trying overcharged shot and ar/lmg/sniper. There is even an uptick of blur and decoy mixed in. The people I play with feel like maximizing there skills require using weapons that require you to aim and take advantage of the damage bonuses from overcharged shot. Plus, it gets old stealth killing people who have no idea you are there. I believe evolution in PVP would have lessened (not completely eliminate) the cloak/sg combo. I am sure Trion knows this, but it is a total reaction to most in the community who won't PVP because of the perceived Cloak/SG boggeyman.

It sort of feel like if people can't go 12-4 in PVP, they think it sucks and start blaming hacking and/or OP skills. In all honestly, I am average to slightly above average player who goes 10-7 some times and 5-6 against premades or better skilled players. I play for the fun moments like close matches or hitting head shots in observatory fully realizing there will be good and bad games. There are a few dominat pvp players, but a lot like myself and of course there are always those who just can't do anything. They need to practice their aim and tactics. I see no reason a below average shooter can't at least improve to have some success without Trion holding your hand and nerfing...and yes I get killed a lot by sg/cloak, bunny hopers with rocket launchers, random grenades, etc.

ncanning
05-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Disagree with the idea of PVP evolution, agree with nerf not needed. SG/Cloak was and is only so common due to the map dynamics. With bigger pvp maps you will see this go way down. And you're right it's alreayd gone down just because now that the game is more then month old people are expanding their game play. Their has always been better set ups they just weren't as easy to get too as a new player.

ItISLupus
05-23-2013, 09:06 AM
The real issues with cloak and shotgun is the way Shadowed strike is applied. (this also fits for Overcharge but wouldn't complain if they changed it either)

The buff from both are applied to each individual pellet, much like the proc rate was before today's patch.

greatdividers
05-23-2013, 09:15 AM
The real issues with cloak and shotgun is the way Shadowed strike is applied. (this also fits for Overcharge but wouldn't complain if they changed it either)

The buff from both are applied to each individual pellet, much like the proc rate was before today's patch.

math is hard?

Eg. 90 dmg per shot, 12 pellets.

(90 x 12) x 1.3 = 1404 total damage

(90 x 1.3) x 12 = 1404 total damage

Nazdrakke
05-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Newer player here, but I didn't really see that big a need for this. I started my PvP exp with cloak, kind of like a security blanket for the unskilled, and agree that map size/conditions really can influence the prevalence of cloak use. The observatory is ludicrous in this regard and got so boring I've stopped playing it already. I mean, how many times can you shoot someone in the back who never knew you were there and feel some sense of achievement? (I know, for some, forever.) I play Shadow Wars almost exclusively now, and tend to run 15-20 to 8-10 or better using blur and decoy. Games that go against me, well, improving is part of the fun. The fix I long for is in the graphic of infector damage. I can live with a weapon one does not have to even really aim that does large damage over time as a part of life (and use them myself in particularly evil moods) but ruining my field of vision as well is annoying as hell.

Calypso Atlas
05-23-2013, 10:20 AM
I read the patch notes and none of it affected my white lifesiphon pump action shot gun. So I can still Cloak and Shotgun ;)

IntenseSpirit
05-23-2013, 10:25 AM
I read the patch notes and none of it affected my white lifesiphon pump action shot gun. So I can still Cloak and Shotgun ;)

You missed the syphon nerf for shotguns. I would say it's affected.

Calypso Atlas
05-23-2013, 10:39 AM
You missed the syphon nerf for shotguns. I would say it's affected.
The syphon on it was more of a bonus to me. The fact that I can sneak up behind any one and on shot them (shield down) or two shot them (shield up) is what mattered the most.

10% of the time the life syphon would proc and save my *** from death 20% of the time it would kill the person who just killed me like I was reaching out from beyond the grave.