PDA

View Full Version : Reduced effectiveness of Fort perk?

ncanning
05-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Really? I already found this perk almost useless. I mean it only gave 250 hp more when maxed, supposedly it used to give 750 hp. 250 hp is only 1 bullet from most guns. I wonder what they are reducing it too?

Am I missing something? Any comments on this are welcome. respecing is no big deal, but this just seems odd too me.

JagerMyk
05-23-2013, 08:33 AM
I have it equiped, an maxed...but I didnt know they dropped it to 250.... well I hope they pay for us to respec. if its lower than 200 its worthless

Combo Breaker
05-23-2013, 08:34 AM
I was a little confused by this nerf for a perk that is meh at best. 250 hp is nothing spectacular. Must be a PvP thing.

kyonon
05-23-2013, 08:39 AM
pvp, nah none of these perks are any good, you get shot you die thats pvp.

DeMoted
05-23-2013, 08:46 AM
I have it equiped, an maxed...but I didnt know they dropped it to 250.... well I hope they pay for us to respec. if its lower than 200 its worthless

Pay you to respec? Lol idiot.

Donnyrides
05-23-2013, 08:50 AM
Since Trion thinks it's funny to keep your starting HP total a big secret, I'd never use this perk. 225 hp. Ok.....is that 10% of my total HP or is it 1%, 100%???? How am I supposed to validate using something when a proper equation can't be built to tell me it's power? They should have done what they did with everything else and gave percentage base increase like 5, 10, 15% hp. At least then you could say you had some idea of it's increase to your total HP, but I guess it's still kind of worthless without knowing your max hp number. They give a number for shields so I just can't understand why HP is not given.

As of right now all we know is that it will allow you to take 1 more shot from most ARs/LMG's. Big waste if you ask me.

I think Cellular Armor should be buffed too. 6% percent damage reduction. WOW!!! Now a shot that hits me for 200 only hits me for 188!!! What a difference! I could live with them dropping it altogether and adding some kind of infector resistance perk.

JagerMyk
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
why attack me an call me an idiot. it costs 14k scrip
fkn troll

JagerMyk
05-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Since Trion thinks it's funny to keep your starting HP total a big secret, I'd never use this perk. 225 hp. Ok.....is that 10% of my total HP or is it 1%, 100%???? How am I supposed to validate using something when a proper equation can't be built to tell me it's power? They should have done what they did with everything else and gave percentage base increase like 5, 10, 15% hp. At least then you could say you had some idea of it's increase to your total HP, but I guess it's still kind of worthless without knowing your max hp number. They give a number for shields so I just can't understand why HP is not given.

As of right now all we know is that it will allow you to take 1 more shot from most ARs/LMG's. Big waste if you ask me.

I think Cellular Armor should be buffed too. 6% percent damage reduction. WOW!!! Now a shot that hits me for 200 only hits me for 188!!! What a difference! I could live with them dropping it altogether and adding some kind of infector resistance perk.

I really didnt read it well, I thought it was a percentage of hp, as the shield/ammo regens are.

Random
05-23-2013, 09:09 AM
I used fort for a long time.

Some of you would call me a "Super tank" build.
Fort has been useless for a long time. The only reason I equip that stupid perk is to give my regen rating a boost.
That is exclusively all I use it for, for a simple chance to insta revive on death (It happens alot with a 50% shield +3% regen).

They need to give that perk love. By love I mean make it more useful than a novelty. It was garbage before the patch and now it's absolutely a waste.

Traxx
05-23-2013, 09:10 AM
Really? I already found this perk almost useless. I mean it only gave 250 hp more when maxed, supposedly it used to give 750 hp. 250 hp is only 1 bullet from most guns. I wonder what they are reducing it too?

Am I missing something? Any comments on this are welcome. respecing is no big deal, but this just seems odd too me.

It's one of the few perks that I use. It only helps a little but now they want to make it USELESS. Why???

ncanning
05-23-2013, 09:11 AM
I agree, not knowing your HP is stupid and poorly thought out concept. But to help give a basic idea, if you turn on your show damage option, it also shows healing. When I revive a dead player I normally see it say 1000-1200 hp restored.

Still BS, but at least you have somewhere to start.

Donnyrides
05-23-2013, 09:11 AM
respecing cost 10X your Ego. If you are an Ego 100, then it only cost you 1000 scrip, but if you are obviously Ego 1400 so it costs you 14000. I feel your pain. I'd rather spend my 15K on an orange item than on a respec because of a nerf/buff after I've invested my ego points. Maybe they could give you back the ego points used on the perk they they nerf/buff. They way you could replace them if you still wanted the perk or you could re-allocate them if you didn't like the nerf/buff.

Random
05-23-2013, 09:12 AM
I agree, not know your HP is stupid and poorly thought out concept. But to help gave a basic idea, if you turn on your show damage option, it also shows healing. When I revive a dead player I normally see it say 1000-1200 hp restored.

Still BS but at least you have somewhere to start now.

I usually see 1280.

Inflicting MHz
05-23-2013, 09:14 AM
That is exclusively all I use it for, for a simple chance to insta revive on death (It happens alot with a 50% shield +3% regen).

Insta revive on death is only caused by Siphon proc from your weapon. If it triggers on a hit, and then you die before it actually gives you the health back, then when it does give you the health, it will bring you back to life.

It is not based on shield % or health regen.

JagerMyk
05-23-2013, 09:15 AM
respecing cost 10X your Ego. If you are an Ego 100, then it only cost you 1000 scrip, but if you are obviously Ego 1400 so it costs you 14000. I feel your pain. I'd rather spend my 15K on an orange item than on a respec because of a nerf/buff after I've invested my ego points. Maybe they could give you back the ego points used on the perk they they nerf/buff. They way you could replace them if you still wanted the perk or you could re-allocate them if you didn't like the nerf/buff.

so ok, that was when I was 1400, so now I am 2400ish...fk. an yah, now I dont know. but yes at least the points would be nice, an thanks Donny

Hope499
05-23-2013, 09:16 AM
why attack me an call me an idiot. it costs 14k scrip
fkn troll

Ignore him, he has over 1000 posts, all as a troll...

anyhoo:

I always wondered how much life 225HP actually IS lol. I hate that they don't tell you anything...

Is this perk worth it or not? It seems like it wont be soon enough anyway...

Merrin Nightbringer
05-23-2013, 09:19 AM
When the TTK in PvP is so low already, I can't understand the point behind this nerf. As for PvE... *shrug* I dumped it from my PvE builds long ago.

JagerMyk
05-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Ignore him, he has over 1000 posts, all as a troll...

anyhoo:

I always wondered how much life 225HP actually IS lol. I hate that they don't tell you anything...

Is this perk worth it or not? It seems like it wont be soon enough anyway...

thank you, an I tell everyone to get this perk. its one of the perks I had when I fought Nim. I really didnt read it correctly, could of swore it was percentage based.

ghost_ol3a
05-23-2013, 09:48 AM

go beat sand, troll

ghost_ol3a
05-23-2013, 09:49 AM
thank you, an I tell everyone to get this perk. its one of the perks I had when I fought Nim. I really didnt read it correctly, could of swore it was percentage based.

i thought it was too

JagerMyk
05-23-2013, 09:57 AM
i thought it was too

thanks brother, guess I have to check each perk now. fine fkn print my arse, rubs sand in them an adds witch hazel as a clear eye solvent, ahhh now I should see an read clearly...

Ataraxia
05-23-2013, 09:58 AM
If anything this perk needed a slight buff, not a nerf.

Traxx
05-23-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm with you... Defense, Defense, Defense.

Random
05-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Insta revive on death is only caused by Siphon proc from your weapon. If it triggers on a hit, and then you die before it actually gives you the health back, then when it does give you the health, it will bring you back to life.

It is not based on shield % or health regen.

This is absolutely incorrect.

I have been ressed countless times due to 53% regen @1250 hp (Roughly from what I can tell with bonus of fort and base hp).

I will always res with 0 shields and a hair of health, we call it jesus mode. It works consistently enough where it is literally part of my "Gunslinger" build.

I rarely use siphon. I use shock almost exclusively.

Hiero Glyph
05-23-2013, 10:06 AM
This is absolutely incorrect.

I have been ressed countless times due to 53% regen @1250 hp (Roughly from what I can tell with bonus of fort and base hp).

I will always res with 0 shields and a hair of health, we call it jesus mode. It works consistently enough where it is literally part of my "Gunslinger" build.

I rarely use siphon. I use shock almost exclusively.

I would wager that it simply has to do with how values are rounded and having an active regeneration effect. In essence you have 100 health, take 100 damage but have regenerated 1 life. You were killed according to the damage but the regeneration counted you as having life, thus negating the downed effect. Syphon should be able to cause a similar effect if it procs at the exact moment of receiving lethal damage. If anything I would call this the 'not dead yet' effect.

ghost_ol3a
05-23-2013, 10:13 AM
thanks brother, guess I have to check each perk now. fine fkn print my arse, rubs sand in them an adds witch hazel as a clear eye solvent, ahhh now I should see an read clearly...

just do what i do and blame it on the army. everything is their fault

JagerMyk
05-23-2013, 10:16 AM
just do what i do and blame it on the army. everything is their fault
lol, yah...I do that when the docs ask me if I am allergic to anything... pshsh I was in the Army. They look at me like I'm CrAzY!!

Random
05-23-2013, 10:16 AM
I would wager that it simply has to do with how values are rounded and having an active regeneration effect. In essence you have 100 health, take 100 damage but have regenerated 1 life. You were killed according to the damage but the regeneration counted you as having life, thus negating the downed effect. Syphon should be able to cause a similar effect if it procs at the exact moment of receiving lethal damage. If anything I would call this the 'not dead yet' effect.

100% on man.

That's exactly what it does. It's useful (Not game changing but it is something different) we found I was doing only with these two perks and a 50% purple regen shield.

As a matter of fact this is probably why they nerfed fort.
It happens in pvp a ton when snipers hit me for a true kill. I just pop back up and bam. In the fight still.

ncanning
05-23-2013, 11:24 AM
It happens in pvp a ton when snipers hit me for a true kill. I just pop back up and bam. In the fight still.

I call BS on that one!!! You get sniped in PVP, what are doing? Just spawning afk and standing there at a cap point afk?

griefbot
05-23-2013, 11:30 AM
you wont need it anymore with the shotgun nerf

Beta582
05-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Since Trion thinks it's funny to keep your starting HP total a big secret, I'd never use this perk. 225 hp. Ok.....is that 10% of my total HP or is it 1%, 100%???? How am I supposed to validate using something when a proper equation can't be built to tell me it's power?

You can find out your HP by having damage numbers on and having someone revive you... the numbers of your shield and health pop up. Ignore the one that is your shield and the other one is your health. Last I checked (Few hundred Ego ago) my health was about 1100 with the fortitude perk.

Rikomi
05-24-2013, 11:35 AM
It still says 250 health in the description. For those who think it's a bad perk, if you combine it with Thick Skinned your effectively getting 500 health bonus, which is 25% more health pool. That's a big difference. I'm wondering what the health bonus is now, I hope a dev can answer this... is it still 250?

Cerne
05-24-2013, 11:52 AM

This perk on the PS3 neways maxed lvl only had 225 hp neways its still 225 hp so i dont see how they reduced it like they said they would

Saravind
05-24-2013, 12:25 PM
100% on man.

That's exactly what it does. It's useful (Not game changing but it is something different) we found I was doing only with these two perks and a 50% purple regen shield.

^this is all true if u regen before your character actually sticks his hands on the floor he gets straight back up so long as the damage done to you isnt something that hurts a crapload