PDA

View Full Version : End of the patch then told it failed and now have to re install the whole game?

smole321
05-23-2013, 08:57 AM
I got to the end of the patch after around half an hour then it just came up patch failed. The game then froze on press start so i rebooted. After i launched defiance again i have to install the whole game again!

mrgrimezHD
05-23-2013, 09:09 AM
I got to the end of the patch after around half an hour then it just came up patch failed. The game then froze on press start so i rebooted. After i launched defiance again i have to install the whole game again!

The servers are down for around 2 - 4 hours my friend, that could be the reason why so don't do anything drastic as re-installing your game. Wait it out and do something else in the mean time =)

Bigtk
05-23-2013, 09:11 AM
I had this exact problem on the last patch we had to download and I was less than impressed. I really enjoy Defiance but if that happens to me I am just done.

FastTravelPaul
05-23-2013, 09:30 AM
I got critical error half way through second time worked

Schmiznurf
05-23-2013, 09:32 AM
There's still an hour and a half left before the patch has finished yet, so you won't be able to download it now.

Xx4DxXi
05-23-2013, 10:55 AM
This has also happened to me and I checked my storage device and it says 'Saved game corrupted'. If iv lost my character I will be raging!!!

LtRobbiesan
05-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Thankfully I am at work (and should be working...) and hopefully this will go smoother later in the day.

Omnifarious Xji
05-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Error here too.

Random
05-23-2013, 11:01 AM
This has also happened to me and I checked my storage device and it says 'Saved game corrupted'. If iv lost my character I will be raging!!!

Your character is backed up on their side , not client side.

Guys it does this when the servers are down. DO NOT reinstall. It is wasted time.

Xx4DxXi
05-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Hope what your saying is true. I'm s*****g my self at the mo. I'm only ego 2030, but it's taken me ages to get that far.

gamingreal
05-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Hope what your saying is true. I'm s*****g my self at the mo. I'm only ego 2030, but it's taken me ages to get that far.

it is,
all your xbox is doing when you play the game is drawing the graphics, render sound, some physics and handling your inputs and sending them to the server.
the game is installed on your console your character data is saved on the server, every mmo works this way. it prevents cheating and allows you to use you character data on another machine.

Grant Hammond
05-23-2013, 11:52 AM
So I'm wondering if I pause the patch before it finishes wil it not patch error once the servers come back online if I un pause it.

Gay just saw they fixed the car bouncing thing, Which was more entertaining than actually playing the game half the time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=nM75gSP3I8Q

Luffy490
05-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Same thing happened to me.

Just restart your xbox, and it should/may be working fine. I was watching the technical issues 360 section about this.

The community managers did respond to this issue and they had the team check it out to see whats wrong. Not everyone is having this issue, but restarting the xbox worked just fine for me. Hope it does for you. :cool:

Grant Hammond
05-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Same thing happened to me.

Just restart your xbox, and it should/may be working fine. I was watching the technical issues 360 section about this.

The community managers did respond to this issue and they had the team check it out to see whats wrong. Not everyone is having this issue, but restarting the xbox worked just fine for me. Hope it does for you. :cool:

They said around 4 hours of downtime bro.

Luffy490
05-23-2013, 12:08 PM
They said around 4 hours of downtime bro.

That time has passed. Right now, they pulled the servers down, AGAIN. For emergency patches.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?74483-Server-Downtime-May-23rd-11-55AM-PT-NA-amp-EU-All-Platforms

Calidorn
05-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Wonder what was getting duplicated.

gamingreal
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Wonder what was getting duplicated.

weapons and gear i imagine, but i don't know what that would have to do with the boosts menu since there is no logical link between that menu and item storage/management.

Expect there to be a few more orange weapons afterwards, so be carefull when trading for orange gear
if there are cloned oranges out there the trade costs should drop but i dought it so even more room to get ripped off

JD nutz
05-23-2013, 12:46 PM
when the patch come the other day there was a error so i had to delete all the other defiance patches, and it had to reinstall the game , i thought my character may be gone, but my character was still there, so your character is saved on the servers.

theblackfrog
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
had to re install it too coz of an error.....i hope my char is not deleted.....

Sarah92Lynn
05-23-2013, 02:15 PM
I had the same thing happen to me, except my Xbox didn't lock up and I just started patching again. It started where it left off I'm pretty sure cause about 10 mins later it was done. I'm sure if you wait it out like other people said you won't have to install the game again.

Sarah92Lynn
05-23-2013, 02:18 PM
So I'm wondering if I pause the patch before it finishes wil it not patch error once the servers come back online if I un pause it.

Gay just saw they fixed the car bouncing thing, Which was more entertaining than actually playing the game half the time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=nM75gSP3I8Q

LOL I said the same thing...I saw a bunch of people doing that in the same spot the other day & joined in.. definitely entertaining for a good half hour! :P

defiant
05-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Yea same deal 10.20 corrupted my install, I'm looking at a 4 gb re install, if I can't even get to the patcher how will they solve this issue? Jw I might leave my own post since this is kind of a monumental annoyance on a console.. Also that's good news about characters If I lose anything this disc is boot powder.