PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Wheather, High res textures, missing items! Possibly for next gen?

S429
05-23-2013, 10:06 AM
So i have come to think that the game of Defiance that we currently are playing is in beta. This is not a "its beta becuase things are broken" thread, this actualy makes sence, if it is true then i am very excited and i will re-buy Defiance for the next gen console(s).

The video has the devs talking about dynamic weather. The part that got me was when it starts to rain and puddles on the ground, not only that but fog and greatly improved lighting like sun rays and increased draw distance, not to mention the HIGH res textures and TONS of items missing from the game.

It kinda makes me wonder if the current game we have is a beta build that they are calling the full game simply to work out the bugs so they can re-release it for the PS4/Xbox One and High end PCs.

What do you guys think? Could this be possible? If so would you re-buy it for the next gen console(s)/PCs?

Youtube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7j3_xHxBw) (if you want to see what i am talking about watch very closely after 3:20)

Random
05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
So i have come to think that the game of Defiance that we currently are playing is in beta. This is not a "its beta becuase things are broken" thread, this actualy makes sence, if it is true then i am very excited and i will re-buy Defiance for the next gen console(s).

The video has the devs talking about dynamic weather. The part that got me was when it starts to rain and puddles on the ground, not only that but fog and greatly improved lighting like sun rays and increased draw distance, not to mention the HIGH res textures and TONS of items missing from the game.

It kinda makes me wonder if the current game we have is a beta build that they are calling the full game simply to work out the bugs so they can re-release it for the PS4/Xbox One and High end PCs.

What do you guys think? Could this be possible? If so would you re-buy it for the next gen console(s)/PCs?

Youtube Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7j3_xHxBw) (if you want to see what i am talking about watch very closely after 3:20)

If that's the case we got a class action lawsuit in the making.
I did not sign on to be unpaid beta staff.

As a matter of fact we paid for a product, not a visage of a product promised.

Love the game, but if it came out to this; I'm pretty sure trion would get nuked.

baelrusk
05-23-2013, 10:17 AM

From what I can understand from some posts by the testers..........there are more problems than in the beta. So this isn't that.
I still do consider it a test version though.

Gratty
05-23-2013, 10:19 AM
There have been many people that have speculated that this is just a paid beta, yet we were told we were getting the full product.

crasher
05-23-2013, 10:26 AM
ALL software is 'Beta'.
Some just gets labeled as 'Gold' or 'Final', but it's all always in development.

You'd be amazed how many bugs don't get found for years because the right unique conditions rarely present.

Hint for the future:

Never buy software less than 4 years old.
That way you can be *more* sure that someone will have spilled the secrets of 'bugs' in the software.

S429
05-23-2013, 10:27 AM
If that's the case we got a class action lawsuit in the making.
I did not sign on to be unpaid beta staff.

As a matter of fact we paid for a product, not a visage of a product promised.

Love the game, but if it came out to this; I'm pretty sure trion would get nuked.

I hope you know that they can easly re-release the game and call it defiance 2 or some other fancy wording and it would never break them to be sued. In fact its very possible.

Think about it, they are working on a game and after they get it close to finnished they start building it up on the new consoles. Then in a year or so after they punch out all the current gen crap patches and DLC they can re-release it for next gen consoles with a fancy new name, new graphics and updated physics, all old DLC incuded, add a few new things like storyline etc and a new season pass or even sub based saving them money and making them more.

And we will all buy it even if we say no now. I mean eventually the game as is will be patched, updated and have new content that makes it great and bring players back. So its simple to just pull it, pollish it with fancy new crap and graphics, add some new things that would take a few weeks to a few months and boom! Look at us first next gen MMO!

Random
05-23-2013, 10:32 AM
I hope you know that they can easly re-release the game and call it defiance 2 or some other fancy wording and it would never break them to be sued. In fact its very possible.

Think about it, they are working on a game and after they get it close to finnished they start building it up on the new consoles. Then in a year or so after they punch out all the current gen crap patches and DLC they can re-release it for next gen consoles with a fancy new name, new graphics and updated physics, all old DLC incuded, add a few new things like storyline etc and a new season pass or even sub based saving them money and making them more.

And we will all buy it even if we say no now. I mean eventually the game as is will be patched, updated and have new content that makes it great and bring players back. So its simple to just pull it, pollish it with fancy new crap and graphics, add some new things that would take a few weeks to a few months and boom! Look at us first next gen MMO!

They can easily do what they like.
Just as we can easily just call BS and drive their index listing to the dirt with negativity.

In the world of social pull and power oddly enough we consumers can devastate if not completely destroy a company in a few fell swoops.

Ask the guys at WarZ just how powerful consumers can be when pushed.
Just saying.

They are free to do as they like and those of us with legal council know what we can do. Now whether anyone would waste such council on a game is another story.

We consumers have rights; those rights go only so far true, but regardless if they add a "as is" clause then they can't change the product visa versa. EULA are BS guys. Hard to enforce because these guys use "As is" basis. Which is of course stupid for software that is patched.

ironhands
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
ALL software is 'Beta'.
Some just gets labeled as 'Gold' or 'Final', but it's all always in development.

You'd be amazed how many bugs don't get found for years because the right unique conditions rarely present.

Hint for the future:

Never buy software less than 4 years old.
That way you can be *more* sure that someone will have spilled the secrets of 'bugs' in the software.

exactly this. Beta is a label applied by the developer, there is no standard definition as to what classifies a piece of software as beta, or alpha. It's been said many times, no software package is ever complete; just abandoned.

Sdric
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7j3_xHxBw

4:09 makes my quite angry, since it remembers me how fake the advertisments was.

Sure I like Defiance, but it's not what was promised.

Drev
05-23-2013, 10:50 AM
I knew Trion was full of crap but I had never seen that video. I'm completely shocked now. What we got in the end is not what they represented and it's clearly just marketing hype to push more copies out the door as fast as possible before everyone caught on to what a mess this game is. The massive amount of bugs are one thing but the entire game looking like crap compared to what is shown there is insane. IMO the game looks like something from five years ago unless you use something like sweetfx. Without it everything is washed out and the laughably bad textures look like like mud. These people should be downright ashamed of what they have released.

Just wait for this thread to disappear suddenly.

Assasino
05-23-2013, 10:51 AM
I would also agree this is more of a beta.
I used to be a beta tester for 3D software and once new versions were released to the public they were still known as betas, just later on the final version would be out.
As far as dynamic weather and what not the new systems i believe will have more real time graphics, like particle effects such as rain happen real time. Not sure if it would be the case with Defiance or even if the game will carry over to next gen consoles.

Random
05-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah I'm looking at videos they've posted on defiance and it's starting to bug me.

I am a fanboy and I am getting bugged by the sheer ******** they produced.
Those textures? I have never seen them that clear on ps3 or xbox, now one can say "but consoles suck for textures" in which case I'll point to the fact they are consoles and that is ********.

Pyth
05-23-2013, 10:52 AM

4:09 makes my quite angry, since it remembers me how fake the advertisments was.

I once saw what I thought to be fog in the early hours of the morning in Paradise.

Or maybe the servers were on fire, idk.

ironhands
05-23-2013, 10:53 AM

A dev diary is a promise as well as an advertisement? Seems to me it's along the same lines as a movie not following the identical plot to a novel.

DarkBardRaven
05-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Just got this done and it is a idea

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?74387-Just-a-thought

Omnifarious Xji
05-23-2013, 10:55 AM

Sure I like Defiance, but it's not what was promised. Oh wow that was bad... "This is the greatest game ever created, and the story NEVER ends!" ... Oh really now.

Sdric
05-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Oh wow that was bad... "This is the greatest game ever created, and the story NEVER ends!" ... Oh really now.

Ye, the story is like.
Arkfalls, gotta catch 'em all!
It ends with the last Arkfall!
Joke aside, that doesn't even bother me.

Nah, what bugs me really is the "ingame weather effect" they show us at 4.09...
A blatant lie...

IGears
05-23-2013, 11:03 AM
The video has the devs talking about dynamic weather.

how can you spell 'weather' right here but not in the title? I thought Sledge commented on this awhile ago. And wasn't this question asked in one of the live streams?

ironhands
05-23-2013, 11:03 AM
how can you spell 'weather' right here but not in the title.I thought Sledge commented on this awhile ago. And wasn't this question asked in one of the live streams?

i hadn't seen anything official on the topic; what was his response?

IGears
05-23-2013, 11:18 AM
i hadn't seen anything official on the topic; what was his response?

He said something about it in last Friday's livestream around 1:58:00 mark.. im at work and this computer sucks balls

Edit 2:00:28 to be exact

ironhands
05-23-2013, 11:24 AM
He said something about it in last Friday's livestream around 1:58:00 mark.. im at work and this computer sucks balls

I'm wondering if it was just held back a little longer, to coincide with razor rain or something. Weather effects are nice, but I don't see why so many are making it out to be such a huge deal, I mean, it's mentioned in a dev video, but not on any of the ads/selling points, and it really doesn't change how the game plays, it's just eye candy in most games.

Was a nice touch in L4D2 though, loved that level set. Also looked great in FarCry3, but didn't change how the game worked.

IGears
05-23-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm wondering if it was just held back a little longer, to coincide with razor rain or something. Weather effects are nice, but I don't see why so many are making it out to be such a huge deal, I mean, it's mentioned in a dev video, but not on any of the ads/selling points, and it really doesn't change how the game plays, it's just eye candy in most games.

Was a nice touch in L4D2 though, loved that level set. Also looked great in FarCry3, but didn't change how the game worked.

yeah, would be nice to see but it wasn't something that was advertised.