PDA

View Full Version : The new UI sucks for controller players

Gonjamoon
05-23-2013, 11:14 AM
I press start and instead of bringing up just my character screen, it also brings up the directional wheel selection interface as well. Trion, please fix it so when I try to switch loadouts on the fly I don't exit my game.

SirenXp
05-23-2013, 11:19 AM
I notice that on the patch notes & thought to myself what a pain it will be now to swap out on the fly, like it wasn't already a pain having to go into the menu screen to do it already.

EienAspenleaf
05-23-2013, 12:27 PM
well, being a pc player sucks too - forget trying to dodge and roll - it is just not practical with a keyboard because to do it you have to take your hand off the mouse to execute the dodge/roll!

wolfenhunter2010
05-23-2013, 12:29 PM
well, being a pc player sucks too - forget trying to dodge and roll - it is just not practical with a keyboard because to do it you have to take your hand off the mouse to execute the dodge/roll!

i have played both with a controller and with out all u get with a mouse is better aim, but controller you get faster access to buttons since their right in your hand. i hate using mouse a shotgun makes up for my crappy aim lol :)

Racheakt
05-23-2013, 12:32 PM

What? did they remap the roll button?

Thunderclap
05-23-2013, 12:33 PM
I press start and instead of bringing up just my character screen, it also brings up the directional wheel selection interface as well. Trion, please fix it so when I try to switch loadouts on the fly I don't exit my game.
Welcome to the hell that PC players have been dealing with since the launch. We have had to suffer with a controller customized UI for sometime.

Jeminai
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
hmm i use a razer naga, plenty of buttons on side of mouse for interaction, crouch, Ego powers and sprint.
i move with directional keys on keyboard and Rctrl=grenade, REnd to melee, Rshift to Roll. no worries!

Rudal
05-23-2013, 12:47 PM
I have Razer Lachesis mouse and never had any problems buttons. I can't to be honest even fathom why someone would use controller on a PC ??

Yes, the UI is really bad for keyboard and mouse but I never had problems with game play

Gonjamoon
05-23-2013, 12:47 PM
i have played both with a controller and with out all u get with a mouse is better aim, but controller you get faster access to buttons since their right in your hand. i hate using mouse a shotgun makes up for my crappy aim lol :)

Even with my mouse sensitivity maxed in game and via hardware I can't aim as quick when looking down a scope as I can using the thumb sticks. It's easier to get a precise shot with the mouse, but moving from target to target is much faster using the controller.

OVRKIL
05-23-2013, 12:53 PM
get a better mouse...I have a Logitech G700 that 10+ buttons to map to. My thump actuates my roll.

zzzornbringer
05-23-2013, 01:03 PM
not only bad for players with a controller. i don't like this change at all. i already got used to the interface. plz revert this change until you create a interface that is overall more fitting for keyboard+mouse users.

crasher
05-23-2013, 01:22 PM
I had to go into 'remap' and re-enable it.
It defaulted to 'off'.

toffeecreme
05-23-2013, 01:27 PM
hmm directional (wasd) and alt means you need to use both hands? glad im a lefty then lol

Caswallawn
05-23-2013, 01:50 PM
It's easy to roll with a keyboard same as it's easy to crouch, if anything you thunb should be on that end of the space bar to jump, also placing it on top of "c" and "alt"

the one that bugs me the most is the ego power being on "1"

but really I don't know how anyone can play with with a controller but it would explain how it's so easy to get high up the damage table on arkfalls.

Gonjamoon
05-23-2013, 01:52 PM
get a better mouse...I have a Logitech G700 that 10+ buttons to map to. My thump actuates my roll.
I have a Corsair M90

Doomtrooper
05-23-2013, 02:04 PM

Then you're doing it wrong. You can dodge and roll perfectly fine with the default layout and your left hand.

Jax Bane
05-23-2013, 02:06 PM

Not with a 5 button mouse