PDA

View Full Version : Rare drop rates

WeeohhWeeohh
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm just about 2200 ego and I have only seen 1 orange drop from a lock box. I'm not butt hurt about that, oranges are suppose to be rare and I'm cool with that but for the sake of Glob, increase the rate in which purples drop.

I have never seen anything over a blue drop from a mob and the only time I have picked up purples was from major arkfalls (very rarely), venders (where I get most my purples) and lock boxes (extremely fracken rare).

The past 6 t4 lock boxes have netted me; 19 blues and 5 greens. I'm not looking for hand outs, I'm just looking for some semblance of progression. I would like to get my hands on weapons that I will eventually save once I cap out a weapon skill.

This brings me to Arkfalls. My pvp/pve/pveCo-Op grenades and shields are all between 900-1200 ego. I constantly do major arkfalls just for the chance to get myself an upgrade or some niche ones for PVP but for the last 3 weeks, bubkis. That's with doing 5-10 major arkfalls every time I get on. I guess I should just chalk it up to random loot is random but good Glob it is aggravating.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Adrena Chrome
05-23-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm ego 3300. I totally agree. What is the incentive to ego up?? You don't get better weapons. They actually get worse. You don't get better mods. It takes huge amounts of ark salvage to mod anything. They lower the ego level to get maps weapons mods ect.. everytime I turn around. Seems I should just redo my character after ego 1000 e and start over everytime.

MrGunn2001
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Dear ArkHunters:

I am currently keeping a log of all of the Lock Boxes I open and whether I get and Orange device or not.

Texas2SteponUrGrave
05-23-2013, 11:46 AM
... but for the sake of Glob....

You, sir, do Adventure Time proud!

*bows to the intimately shared knowledge between us*

I brought you a gift for your awesome reference, here have a keycode! *tosses you a soggy sock*

WeeohhWeeohh
05-23-2013, 11:57 AM
You, sir, do Adventure Time proud!

*bows to the intimately shared knowledge between us*

I brought you a gift for your awesome reference, here have a keycode! *tosses you a soggy sock*

AHHAHAH! Thanks but I was hoping for a sandwich =C. Just got into Adventure time and I honestly don't know how I functioned without it. I need to bite the bullet and get the first dvd and fill in what isn't on my dvr.

I'm ego 3300. I totally agree. What is the incentive to ego up?? You don't get better weapons. They actually get worse. You don't get better mods. It takes huge amounts of ark salvage to mod anything. They lower the ego level to get maps weapons mods ect.. everytime I turn around. Seems I should just redo my character after ego 1000 e and start over everytime.

Indeed. The only reason I was sprinting to 2000 ego was to get my perk slot unlocked.

Cephious
05-23-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm just about 2200 ego and I have only seen 1 orange drop from a lock box. I'm not butt hurt about that, oranges are suppose to be rare and I'm cool with that but for the sake of Glob, increase the rate in which purples drop.

I have never seen anything over a blue drop from a mob and the only time I have picked up purples was from major arkfalls (very rarely), venders (where I get most my purples) and lock boxes (extremely fracken rare).

The past 6 t4 lock boxes have netted me; 19 blues and 5 greens. I'm not looking for hand outs, I'm just looking for some semblance of progression. I would like to get my hands on weapons that I will eventually save once I cap out a weapon skill.

This brings me to Arkfalls. My pvp/pve/pveCo-Op grenades and shields are all between 900-1200 ego. I constantly do major arkfalls just for the chance to get myself an upgrade or some niche ones for PVP but for the last 3 weeks, bubkis. That's with doing 5-10 major arkfalls every time I get on. I guess I should just chalk it up to random loot is random but good Glob it is aggravating.

Yep..same. I am ego 2897 and haven't gotten a single orange from a lockbox in over 2100 ego. That is broken. Idc what anyone says, I wish I had the exact numbers, but that drop rate is nearly non-existent as far as I am concerned. Now I am interested (once the servers are back..again) to see if the drop rates have changed. Apparently people reported much better Arkfall rewards.

Indra Echo
05-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Yep..same. I am ego 2897 and haven't gotten a single orange from a lockbox in over 2100 ego. That is broken. Idc what anyone says, I wish I had the exact numbers, but that drop rate is nearly non-existent as far as I am concerned. Now I am interested (once the servers are back..again) to see if the drop rates have changed. Apparently people reported much better Arkfall rewards.

Got two purples from arkfall in San Fran-an Invader and a bolt action rifle. Just finished arkfall and servers went down so I have no idea on anything other than the names. Prior to this at the many arkfalls I've done the best I'd gotten was purple clustergrenades. And I usually only ever got shields or grenades-blue shields at best.

Lone Star
05-23-2013, 12:09 PM

This read actually bring about a question... if your max ego, and you get a really good gun with no exp... will that effect you or the weapon at all?

WeeohhWeeohh
05-23-2013, 12:21 PM
This read actually bring about a question... if your max ego, and you get a really good gun with no exp... will that effect you or the weapon at all?

Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you still get weapon xp (to level the weapon) once you cap Ego/weapon skill? If you can't, it would be deviating to me but I can't imagine that is how it works.

Bravuss
05-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Guys im sorry to tell you that i've got 169 ego and have got a orange weapon, i got it when i was at 89 ego from a lock box, yeahhh i dont think ill see that sacred orange colour for a while.

Zugo
05-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Guys im sorry to tell you that i've got 169 ego and have got a orange ego weapon, i got it when i was at 89 ego from a lock box, yeahhh i dont think ill see that sacred orange colour for a while.

Hold on to that. The reset fee for something that low is probably like 500salvage.

ncanning
05-28-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm ego 1500, my key codes have only gone to lock boxes, and I only buy Teir 4. I've gotten 3 oranges so far. So I think thats like 1 in 4/5 boxes had an orange. Maybe just lucky, I have never gotten a shield or nade though....

Zugo
05-28-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm ego 1500, my key codes have only gone to lock boxes, and I only buy Teir 4. I've gotten 3 oranges so far. So I think thats like 1 in 4/5 boxes had an orange. Maybe just lucky, I have never gotten a shield or nade though....

I'm probably right about the same, and buy the Tier 4's. I had an orange grenade drop in the mine that leads up to Jackleg Joe.