PDA

View Full Version : Leave cloak alone...

Shashu
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
You damn QQers... if cloak gets a nerf,,,, then us people who use overcharge will be OP to the max... people saying, just make it so we can see them aka a shimmer or something. with overcharge we would rip everyone to pieces. If you don't like using cloak then learn to play the one you do like and stop your crying. fools who i see standing still behind some wall deserve to have their *** blown up.

The only issue with some cloakers atm is the shield Regen.

You die you die... go back to the spawn point and try a different tactic.

wolfenhunter2010
05-23-2013, 12:32 PM
i didn't see anything in patch about cloak what you getting at? or where is this info coming from sources.

ghostercon
05-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Cloak should be related only to sniper rifles. And by that I'm saying cloak should work only if you stay still ( for snipers who are shooting and get relocked only if they stay still ) or if you are moving very slowly. Like in any other games. Not for idiots who are running, jumping like clowns with shotguns, detonators and other stuff.

Shashu
05-23-2013, 12:38 PM
trust me... almost every damn thread has someone *****ing about it.

" kalter stahl: I don't even know why they keep nerfing shotguns... all they have to do to fix pvp is make cloak have some sort of ripple silhouette that can be barely spotted, instead of removing the model and making people completely invisible... ridiculous... "

that is just one example.

Rudal
05-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I see pvp tries to ruin pve game play again....

Lone Star
05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
You damn QQers... if cloak gets a nerf,,,, then us people who use overcharge will be OP to the max... people saying, just make it so we can see them aka a shimmer or something. with overcharge we would rip everyone to pieces. If you don't like using cloak then learn to play the one you do like and stop your crying. fools who i see standing still behind some wall deserve to have their *** blown up.

I have absolutely no problem with cloakers... you all die just as quickly as those using other ego powers :-D

Shashu
05-23-2013, 12:42 PM
AGREEEEE Loan Star

hygh
05-23-2013, 12:57 PM
I agree, leave cloak alone. some people don't know how to use it and they need to shut up because I'm a saboteur and cloak is vital to my abilities. For all of you complaining about cloak, remember everyone has their own methods. also if you read the cloak ego power it says right on it that it recharges shields on activation.

Doomsaw
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM

I'm sorry to say that stealth mechanics are the absolute worst possible thing you can introduce to a competetive multiplayer mechanic. Anyone who has spent time in serious game design knows this.

Stealth is an extremely toxic mechanic for the average player and turns players off from a game.

The only time a game has had any kind of successful stealth mechanic in PVP is when the mechanic is constrained to a small number of players through a carefully-balanced class system or champion system.

A successful example if League of Legends. Approximately 5% of their champions have some kind of stealth mechanic. The champion is carefully balanced around this mechanic and have weakness to compensate. The game also has numerous strong methods of countering stealth.

It took League of Legends over two years to get their stealth-mechanic champions in line, and that's with an incredibly limited, carefully balanced system.

Defiance offers a stealth mechanic to every player, since there is no class system. The mechanic is, by far, the strongest stealth mechanic I have ever seen in a multiplayer game. It has a long duration, relatively low cooldown, almost no "shimmer" effect and has incredibly abusive perks that make it even stronger.

For guys like me who are multiple-season Gladiators in WOW and super-experienced FPS players, it's not a problem. I will get a top spot in every Defiance PVP match by using the OP perks and weapons and just relying on my twitch skills. But for the average player who actually wants to enjoy PVP, having stealth is simply a terrible idea. It is the #1 reason that Defiance PVP will never catch on for more than a few players.

TLDR: Stealth mechanics in multiplayer games are toxic and a good way to ensure your multiplayer population continues to shrink.

wolfenhunter2010
05-23-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm sorry to say that stealth mechanics are the absolute worst possible thing you can introduce to a competetive multiplayer mechanic. Anyone who has spent time in serious game design knows this.

Stealth is an extremely toxic mechanic for the average player and turns players off from a game.

The only time a game has had any kind of successful stealth mechanic in PVP is when the mechanic is constrained to a small number of players through a carefully-balanced class system or champion system.

A successful example if League of Legends. Approximately 5% of their champions have some kind of stealth mechanic. The champion is carefully balanced around this mechanic and have weakness to compensate. The game also has numerous strong methods of countering stealth.

It took League of Legends over two years to get their stealth-mechanic champions in line, and that's with an incredibly limited, carefully balanced system.

Defiance offers a stealth mechanic to every player, since there is no class system. The mechanic is, by far, the strongest stealth mechanic I have ever seen in a multiplayer game. It has a long duration, relatively low cooldown, almost no "shimmer" effect and has incredibly abusive perks that make it even stronger.

For guys like me who are multiple-season Gladiators in WOW and super-experienced FPS players, it's not a problem. I will get a top spot in every Defiance PVP match by using the OP perks and weapons and just relying on my twitch skills. But for the average player who actually wants to enjoy PVP, having stealth is simply a terrible idea. It is the #1 reason that Defiance PVP will never catch on for more than a few players.

TLDR: Stealth mechanics in multiplayer games are toxic and a good way to ensure your multiplayer population continues to shrink.

im guessing you never played crysis 2 multilayer were there was a armor mode that mad you take less damage alot less but made you slow, and a stealth mode that made you invisible but had like a 10 second duration the multilayer was fun before i played defiance solo campaign was good too

Doomsaw
05-23-2013, 02:36 PM
im guessing you never played crysis 2 multilayer were there was a armor mode that mad you take less damage alot less but made you slow, and a stealth mode that made you invisible but had like a 10 second duration the multilayer was fun before i played defiance solo campaign was good too

Crysis has had a moderate amount of success in multiplayer, although it wasn't as successful as the top games.

I haven't played it much, but I know some of the Crysis devs and they know that their stealth mechanic needed to be limited in power in order to have enough counterplay in the game.

One of the reasons stealth is so incredibly toxic in multiplayer games is the lack of counterplay. Even with a power like Blur, the second-strongest Defiance ability, other players know what is happening and there is some counterplay. The average new player experience in Defiance is currently:

1. A pursuit requires PVP and/or the "system" messages encourage you to try PVP.

2. A player figures out how to queue for a PVP match and eventually gets in.

3. Within the first minute, the new player dies to a cloaked opponent (95% of the time).

4. The player thinks, "What the *** just killed me?"

5. The player respawns and is killed within 30 seconds again.

6. Repeat #5 until the match is over.

I see this in every match and I feel sorry for the players who go 0-8 and honestly never want to experience PVP again. I actually feel bad sometimes and stop PVPing since it's just too easy and I don't want to be a part of player's quitting the game.

Metaphysixx
05-23-2013, 05:40 PM
And getting shredded by some uber shotgun glowing orange guy that wipes a monarch in 8 shots is FAIR?
Or just as you see the enemy he blurs up to you and ganks you with an in your face dbl barrel deathshot?
About the only thing that is absolutely useless in PVP is decoy. And Stealthing is used in other games also as a mechanic, be it "meld with shadows", uber camoflage, super long range 50 cal sniping, whatever. So when people say stealth imbalances a game, they are correct, but there will always be some mechanic that someone will exploit to make "stealth" kills. I suggest you try playing Sniper some time and not use camoflage, stealth movement etc.
the 8v8 close in maps, should be called "Shotgun Mayhem"
But in shadow wars just scope and size helps balance out the different ego's...except decoy which is crap in pvp.

Madhava
05-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Never used decoy in pvp but I'd guess the teleport function could be a nice trick. But as you said the "battlegrounds" (or whatever its called here) are just too small for anything other the rush kills.

Crais
05-23-2013, 06:22 PM
For guys like me who are multiple-season Gladiators in WOW...

Color me super dee duper impressed that you were a multiple season Gladiator in WOW because accomplishing that shows the limitless amount of skill you possess. Have this cookie as a prize (:.)

soarra
05-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Color me super dee duper impressed that you were a multiple season Gladiator in WOW because accomplishing that shows the limitless amount of skill you possess. Have this cookie as a prize (:.)

I was galactic Champion in Hello Kitty Online

Countess
05-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Impressive

Icchus
05-23-2013, 06:40 PM
Tell us how good and experienced you are as a player, because that's totally relevant to this discussion. In case you haven't figured it out yet, here's some advice: No one cares. That tip is free, enjoy.

Shashu
05-23-2013, 10:33 PM
" The mechanic is, by far, the strongest stealth mechanic I have ever seen in a multiplayer game. "

Age of conan .... perm stealth assassin and rangers. Guild wars 2 almost perm stealth if you new how to use the thief class.

Trust me this is nothing compared to some MMO's

Xersis
05-23-2013, 10:47 PM
First Rift and now Defiance. They super nerfed the Warrior to hell and now you all want to nerf Stealth. So if you can't hit it in pvp don't mess it up for us PVE players who most of the time use that EGO power. Always someone complaining about things...

Xersis
05-23-2013, 10:48 PM

Hahaha!! To funny =D