PDA

View Full Version : new ETA on servers

A s0t
05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
i looked here:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?73280-Update-1.020-May-23rd-7-00AM-PT-NA-amp-EU-PC-PS3-amp-Xbox-360

can we get a new ETA please
after 2 patch downloads just telling critical error
XBOX

Space_Monky
05-23-2013, 01:57 PM
they had to take them back down.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?74483-Server-Downtime-May-23rd-11-55AM-PT-NA-amp-EU-All-Platforms

loops73
05-23-2013, 01:58 PM
damn,i just got out of work,wanting to play with the new patch,and more of this crap!

Cytherian
05-23-2013, 01:59 PM
They posted on twitter about a half hour of the servers going live that they had to emergency shut down because of item duplication issues. So that post is way not correct. There is currently no ETA on the server coming up. Follow @Defaincegame on twitter. Easiest way to keep up on whats going on especially if you want to know how the games doing on patch day while your out of the house.

A s0t
they had to take them back down.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?74483-Server-Downtime-May-23rd-11-55AM-PT-NA-amp-EU-All-Platforms

yeah but an update would be nice like every half hour an update please

ncanning
So seriously, I can understand wanting to fix things, but is it really worth taking the servers down for over 2 hours just to stop some players from getting some 1 time only free duplicates?

For real, I think long server down time will lose them more players and therefore more money, then the money they may lose from players getting some 1 time only free duplicates.....

A s0t
05-23-2013, 02:01 PM
They posted on twitter about a half hour of the servers going live that they had to emergency shut down because of item duplication issues. So that post is way not correct. There is currently no ETA on the server coming up. Follow @Defaincegame on twitter. Easiest way to keep up on whats going on especially if you want to know how the games doing on patch day while your out of the house.

i dont use twitter they should post in official forums before twitter. or do it simultaneously

Jackobite
05-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Dont get me wrong I dearly love my twitter account but iv noticed on other games as well it get more attention than the official forums at times.

iBK
05-23-2013, 02:04 PM
So seriously, I can understand wanting to fix things, but is it really worth taking the servers down for over 2 hours just to stop some players from getting some 1 time only free duplicates?

For real, I think long server down time will lose them more players and therefore more money, then the money they may lose from players getting some 1 time only free duplicates.....

If you logged in and out repeatedly you could continue to duplicate the items. Your inventory could have been boosted to 1000 like this. Major issue.

A s0t
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
when you just say look here twitter can you copy and paste the sentence from their twitter

Arsenic_Touch
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
The servers will be up the next time the Mayan calender resets.

Xenosaj
05-23-2013, 02:06 PM

Except that it wasn't 1 time only free duplicates, people were claiming their regenerated items, logging out, logging back in, and the claim items were regenerated again. Think about how much free inventory space that would generate for someone, or all the extra weapons they could suddenly sell/salvage. If this game had an auction house it would've been immediately broken by the inflation.

Hiero Glyph
05-23-2013, 02:06 PM
If you logged in and out repeatedly you could continue to duplicate the items. Your inventory could have been boosted to 1000 like this. Major issue.

Caused entirely from a lack of testing.

Xenosaj
05-23-2013, 02:07 PM
when you just say look here twitter can you copy and paste the sentence from their twitter

You mean it's too much trouble to just go to https://twitter.com/DefianceGame ? I'm there now looking at the tweets, and I don't even have a Twitter account.

A s0t
05-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Except that it wasn't 1 time only free duplicates,well then take your time then. but would love an update

Pesico
05-23-2013, 02:08 PM
i dont use twitter they should post in official forums before twitter. or do it simultaneously

And they do:

There's been no exclusive info on Twitter, except the promise of giving an ETA as soon as they have one.

TheOz
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM
DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 1h
@damooseknuck All items will be rolled back.

Lt Badass
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM
I agree 100%

Cytherian
05-23-2013, 02:10 PM

I agree they should. The point I was making is they don't. sorry for the confusion.

Mike Chone
05-23-2013, 02:10 PM

How in the hell does a bug of this magnitude make it past QA to Live? I can deal with a lot of stuff, seriously I can, downtime is fine and I understand human error and know there is a level of tolerance for that error. This, is simply a EPIC FAIL on Trion's account, in fact they should be thinking about offering everyone a few hours of free ego boosts.

A s0t
05-23-2013, 02:12 PM
I agree they should. The point I was making is they don't. sorry for the confusion.

no worries i click on twitter once and i was looking at a sign up thing, might be my stupid computer

and another thing: i read there rolling back things. the stuff i bought (inventory space) will still be there? bought before the patch

LattoMac
05-23-2013, 02:19 PM
The servers will be up the next time the Mayan calender resets.

O haahaahaaahaaa so funny