PDA

View Full Version : can we get a eta or a damn update

nightmare
05-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Coming up on 3 hrs adter the 4hr down time can we the players get a eta or at least a update on your *** up with the patch this is getting ridiculous 2nd time they put a big patch and theres something screwed up cuz they have no idea what there doing over there haha

Iceberg
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Between the times of 6am to 9 pm tomorrow. Just taking a guess here.

greatdividers
05-23-2013, 02:11 PM
i'm sure that if they knew when the servers would be back up they would tell us.

common sense is hard.

duction
05-23-2013, 02:13 PM
thered will be a team of coders working over time and getting real angry they have to work longer today... they will have angry families threatening them to make them leave that stupid job that they have lol.

Tesukyro
05-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Im sorry but i think tryhard laid off the wrong people, the guys that are left cant code for their lives.

FlippyCake
05-23-2013, 02:20 PM
The servers are down. Not a big deal. There are plenty of other things to do while you are waiting.
I assume you have no idea how the backstage looks like, and what goes on.
I used to play (and still log on once in a while) is named Rose Online. It's an mmorpg, and it had similar effects after major and some minor updates. During testing backstage, you can only catch so many things, since that is a "clean" environment, and doesn't take into consideration the random anomalies that comes with a live server. Specially the unpredictability of the average user.
MMO's are one of the most affected types of games that tend to get their servers taken down with little to no notice, just so they can limit the damage that might have come with the update. People pick up on exploits and glitches very fast, and taking down the server prevents this pretty much immediately.
So to make it short.

Take a chill pill, it is just a game. Go do something productive. Check the server status once in a while. And sooner or later the servers will be back up.

Merrin Nightbringer
05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Im sorry but i think tryhard laid off the wrong people, the guys that are left cant code for there lives.

I love how so many players assume the people remaining after the layoff are solely responsible for this patch- as if it hasn't been in the works for several weeks.

Tesukyro
05-23-2013, 02:24 PM
I love how so many players assume the people remaining after the layoff are solely responsible for this patch- as if it hasn't been in the works for several weeks.

Obviously it has been in the works for a few weeks.. but I'm sure you can agree with me it should be still in the works...

TheOz
05-23-2013, 02:28 PM
hey they just tweeted this:

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 6m
The @steam_games free trial of #Defiance will come online later this afternoon and it is NOT live at this time.

Oh wait . . . that doesn't seem to help . . . at all.

Cephious
05-23-2013, 02:28 PM
thered will be a team of coders working over time and getting real angry they have to work longer today... they will have angry families threatening them to make them leave that stupid job that they have lol.

yep..and i doubt many people get this.

Pyrofrost
05-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Exactly. After seeing the scope fix that Sledge got them to create and include, which wasn't a part of the original 1.02 patch, I can see a bit of improvement. The coders that are left are having to pick up the slack for others who may have been working on the patch before they were laid off.

Jukie
05-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Im in the uk, may as well go to bed, its getting late now. One more game of fifa

Mike Chone
05-23-2013, 02:30 PM
i'm sure that if they knew when the servers would be back up they would tell us.

common sense is hard.

I'm also sure if one of the devs told the community relations team, "2 weeks" they'd say they don't have an ETA. Indeed, common sense is hard.

Gauthimus Prime
05-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Im in the uk, may as well go to bed, its getting late now. One more game of fifa

yup UK playing on NA ..its 2330 here ....

Envy
05-23-2013, 02:31 PM

http://images.cpcache.com/merchandise/514_230x230_NoPeel.jpg?region=name:FrontCenter,id: 24488057,w:16

Gauthimus Prime
05-23-2013, 02:35 PM
http://images.cpcache.com/merchandise/514_230x230_NoPeel.jpg?region=name:FrontCenter,id: 24488057,w:16

pssssh didnt say i was from the UK .... i am an east coast american

Envy
05-23-2013, 02:36 PM

Doesn't change the Fact

Jukie
05-23-2013, 02:36 PM

Best sport in the world mate

Pyrofrost
05-23-2013, 02:37 PM

In other words, New England...
In other words, England...
Loyalist.

;)

Gauthimus Prime
05-23-2013, 02:40 PM
In other words, New England...
In other words, England...
Loyalist.

;)

lol how did you know i was a new englander ( a m******* )

soccer might be the poorest sport next to running ...

nightmare
05-23-2013, 02:53 PM
The servers are down. Not a big deal. There are plenty of other things to do while you are waiting.
I assume you have no idea how the backstage looks like, and what goes on.
I used to play (and still log on once in a while) is named Rose Online. It's an mmorpg, and it had similar effects after major and some minor updates. During testing backstage, you can only catch so many things, since that is a "clean" environment, and doesn't take into consideration the random anomalies that comes with a live server. Specially the unpredictability of the average user.
MMO's are one of the most affected types of games that tend to get their servers taken down with little to no notice, just so they can limit the damage that might have come with the update. People pick up on exploits and glitches very fast, and taking down the server prevents this pretty much immediately.
So to make it short.

Take a chill pill, it is just a game. Go do something productive. Check the server status once in a while. And sooner or later the servers will be back up.

i know how mmos work buddy ima die hard wow player since there launch they take time but trion is allways rushing these patches for ppl that are complaining the games going to slow and look what happens there patches screw sht up instead of fixing the problems theu state are suppose to be fixed its a endless circle of patches patching previous patches that were suppose to patch the other patches and the problems never get fixed