PDA

View Full Version : Bad idea to not let you get a new bonus roll when you reset weapon XP

Albion
05-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Many, many people have been waiting for the ability to reset weapon XP, and I know that a large number of those people assumed that you would also get to "re-roll" the bonus stat and maybe improve on the original one. Not being able to do that really takes a lot of the value away from doing this, and actually, I think it would be better for Trion and their bottom line to change this to allow the "re-roll" option.

Think about it, if you are level 20 assault rifles, and you have a nice legendary AR, with no option to change the bonus stat why would you reset it? You may not be at level 20 yet, but we will all be there soon enough, and then this feature is completely worthless. I have my weapon skills maxed on the main things I use, so it's already useless for me.

But if I have a chance to change a bad bonus roll on that legendary AR, I would no doubt spend the ark salvage to level up that weapon again and see what I got. Of course, spending the ark salvage on this means I have less of it to buy keycodes with - hmm, lets see then, how would I go about buying those lockboxes that I want? Did someone say bits? Yep, I thought you did. So lets all let Trion know that not allowing a new bonus roll on the reset of weapon XP basically makes it worthless, if not now, then soon enough for most players. And while were at it, the cost of doing this should be a bit expensive - but not 200,000 ark salvage. Maybe make it a flat rate regardless of EGO level, so I don't feel punished for playing the game and leveling up so much.

Natjur
05-23-2013, 02:16 PM
The max XP bonus on non legendary weapons appears to be still randomly changing for me when I log in, I think they need to fix that first.

Legendary weapons appear not to be changing, but its really annoying on all other weapon types.

Myria
05-23-2013, 02:20 PM
If I had to guess I'd say likely there is no roll, but instead the bonus stat was created when the weapon was -- all that maxing does is reveal/activate it. The only way to get a new bonus stat would be basically to re-roll the weapon, and probably they don't have any easy way of doing that.

Albion
05-23-2013, 02:25 PM
If I had to guess I'd say likely there is no roll, but instead the bonus stat was created when the weapon was -- all that maxing does is reveal/activate it. The only way to get a new bonus stat would be basically to re-roll the weapon, and probably they don't have any easy way of doing that.

Interesting point, never thought of it that way. If that's the case, then it's too bad that a change couldn't be implemented that would allow a new bonus stat upon weapon reset. That seems to be the underlying reason so many were screaming for this in the first place.

Anderson
05-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Interesting point, never thought of it that way. If that's the case, then it's too bad that a change couldn't be implemented that would allow a new bonus stat upon weapon reset. That seems to be the underlying reason so many were screaming for this in the first place.

I thought the underlying reason was so you can keep using your favorite weapon while leveling your skill in it. That's what seemed to upset most people.

Albion
05-23-2013, 02:33 PM
I thought the underlying reason was so you can keep using your favorite weapon while leveling your skill in it. That's what seemed to upset most people.

Well, a lot of people are already at level 20 on many weapons, and for those people, this addition is useless as is. I haven't leveled up rocket launchers, for example, but since they all basically suck anyway in this game, I'm not going to bother resetting any rocket launchers for levelling. I'll just use whatever I can get cheap, and then be done with it. Level 20 comes quickly enough on many of the weapon types.

Anderson
05-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Well, a lot of people are already at level 20 on many weapons, and for those people, this addition is useless as is. I haven't leveled up rocket launchers, for example, but since they all basically suck anyway in this game, I'm not going to bother resetting any rocket launchers for levelling. I'll just use whatever I can get cheap, and then be done with it. Level 20 comes quickly enough on many of the weapon types.
Well then I don't think this feature was added with people like you in mind. It's for people who are still leveling.

Albion
05-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Well then I don't think this feature was added with people like you in mind. It's for people who are still leveling.

Fair enough. My suggestion was only to give some value to this ability not just now, but a few months from now when many more people are at max weapon skills.

Rakshasa
05-23-2013, 02:38 PM

Exactly. If they'd had it reset the bonus with the xp reset, people would be screaming bloody murder about losing the stats and bonus combination they liked about their favorite weapon. The whole reason they added the reset was in response to the player feedback about wanting to continue leveling their weapon skill without having to stop using their favorite prized guns.

Sdric
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
200k salvage for a single roll is a bad joke, hell 1/10th of it already would've been much since the bonus is random and requires 1.300.000 weapon exp to check it.