PDA

View Full Version : how come stealth doesn't work well?

Spiri2al
05-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Puts scope on sniper rifle, it says it's less accurate...sure whatever I can deal with that.

But after going stealth/invisible, running to a new position to take out another target behind them up on a hill at night, only for the 10 enemies to know EXACTLY where i am hiding...that isn't stealth.

Pyrofrost
05-23-2013, 02:21 PM
You temporarily break out of stealth every time you start shooting.
Additionally, after you break out of stealth it takes some time for the cloaking to take effect again.

A s0t
05-23-2013, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DBoJJjFiH4

Natjur
05-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Like in PVP, when a player shoots then cloaks, you can 'guess' where they went. The NPC are just VERY good as guessing or they hear your foot steps.

Or in short, the NPC's cheat to make cloaked with sniper not too overpowered.

TheOz
05-23-2013, 02:33 PM
how come stealth doesn't work well?

because you touch yourself!

Sorry. JK. Downtime, yet again is making me loopy.

Spiri2al
05-23-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't necessarily think cloaked snipers are OP, It is a common cookie cutter thing. We always get the shaft on arkfalls with never being too high on the damage meter.

I feel that the game is built more for run and gun, than it is for slow careful sniper moving

Rakshasa
05-23-2013, 02:43 PM
And in the 'taking things too seriously' category... should cloak even work vs hellbugs at all? They keep telling us that hellbugs don't have eyes or ears, that they just go by sensing pheremones and picking up vibrations. Seems like cloak should have no effect with them, although I'm glad it does.

Pyrofrost
05-23-2013, 02:45 PM
We always get the shaft on arkfalls with never being too high on the damage meter.

I feel that the game is built more for run and gun, than it is for slow careful sniper moving

What? I'm a cloak!sniper and I got first place on The Mother of All Hellbugs last week. Pumping rounds into her face shaves life off quickly man. What type of rifle are you using? If it's not bolt-action, consider switching.

Illanyal
05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Stealthing not very effective? Hmm i agree for other reasons.
1) you get hit with sludge, everyone can see you
2) you get hit with fire, everyone can see you
3) you get hit with radiation, everyone can see you
4) you get hit with caustic, everyone can see you
5) people randomly spamming BMG's around you reveal your position
6) infectors targetting reticle goes RED when passing over a cloaked person thus letting you get aimed at and shot in cloak
7) exact same goesfor guided rocket lauchers as stated in number 6
8) you get hit by a vehicle, the active cloak timer ends and the cloak cool down timer begins

Just off the top of my head cloak has 8 ways to be negated. Can anyone speculate how many ways you can negate blur, decoy, and overcharge? The answer is NONE.

I give Trion a lot of leeway with bugs but the lack of thought or common sense is starting to approach the level of blizzards' level.

*edit made on typographical error.

BEINGSTUPID735
05-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Stealthing not very effective? Hmm i agree for other reasons.
1) you get hit with sludge, everyone can see you
2) you get hit with fire, everyone can see you
3) you get hit with radiation, everyone can see you
4) you get hit with caustic, everyone can see you
5) people randomly spamming BMG's around you reveal your position
6) infectors targetting reticle goes RED when passing over a cloaked person thus letting you get aimed at and shot in cloak
7) exact same goesfor guided rocket lauchers as stated in number 6
8) you get hit by a vehicle, the active cloak timer ends and the cloak cool down timer begins

Just off the top of my head cloak has 8 ways to be negated. Can anyone speculate how many ways you can negate blur, decoy, and overcharge? The answer is NONE.

I give Trion a lot of leeway with bugs but the lack of thought or common sense is starting to approach the level of blizzards' level.

*edit made on typographical error.

I believe that the OP is talking more about PVE but I also wanted to state that the first 4 could have been listed under nano effects, I have never noticed my infector go red until someone was hit but that may just me not noticing it, and you left out using decoy to bring you out of cloak. There are way to combat the othe EGO powers as well, all of which I am not aware of so maybe others could post here how they fight them, I know the spanner trapper is good against Blur. With decoy just don't shoot the guy standing still in all of the mayhem or if they were just running into a wall and just stop, they just may have a real player behind them. I have mainly used overcharge myself, and have tried many combos of weapons and perks to go against the invisible shotguns in PVP. I have come to realize that no matter what I do I'm going to die alot but I have fun doing it.

No need to post way to fight EGO powers, there are many other threads stating ways to do so on here, I just never searched for them until now because I was trying my own stuff in game. *update

first_emperor
05-23-2013, 03:50 PM
They often keep shooting at the last place they saw you at. It's one of the most basic rules of sniper to change position after each shot. Or have a good aim and finger to get them, before they get close enough.