PDA

View Full Version : I need ammo!

Karazykid
03-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Am I just missing something? The ammo caches seem pretty sparse sometimes. Couldn't we have one near the shops at least? Before I sell a gun I like to see how it fires, see if I like it but when those SMGs use 80 bullets in 2 seconds I can't really do that.

Nazdreg
03-23-2013, 06:15 AM
I think you can buy ammo from the shops. Unless they changed it. Check the rez points. I see them around them a lot.

Pasha
03-23-2013, 06:17 AM
I think you can buy ammo from the shops.

It's changed. No ammo in shops + almost no drops from hellbugs in major arkfall. People forced to use cars and bikes to ram bosses + melee them. It takes forever to kill boss with bare hands (literally).

Sanguinesun
03-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Am I just missing something? The ammo caches seem pretty sparse sometimes. Couldn't we have one near the shops at least? Before I sell a gun I like to see how it fires, see if I like it but when those SMGs use 80 bullets in 2 seconds I can't really do that.

There are some current issues that make ammo a bit more troublesome than intended(like some arkfalls mobs dropping nothing etc.). Also pure car kills wont let ammo or items drop.

Additionally, there are perks you can take that not only increase your ammo drop chances but they can also "recharge" small amounts of ammo to your non primary using weapon(s).

As well there are some weapons with synergies that recharge some ammo on certain mob kill conditions.

As well, there are mods to increase magazine/clip capacities and thus help.

So all in all, there are ways to mitigate some of the ammo issues based on player actions.

And lastly, if you just out and out hate ammo issues, play primarily with a BMG.... granted you'll take for ever to kill things, but you'll never have to worry about ammo :P.

Nazdreg
03-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Gaaa, no kidding. The ramming is fun for a little time, but gets tedious after a bit. Sucks with the drops. Been about 2 weeks since I have been able to play so a little behind.

Karazykid
03-23-2013, 06:35 AM
And personally, I would also like to see SMG and assault rifles use different ammo. I've got a really good AR for normal damage and a good fire SMG, but I can only use one or the other or I'll be out of ammo in a heartbeat. I can usually get to one of the shops occasionally, having a little ammo cache between them would just help so much.

f4ke
03-23-2013, 06:45 AM
You will find an ammo crate at every resurrection point, which are spread all over the maps (and nearly at every shop too)... I use different loadout setups but only at big arkfalls ammo looting gets a bit difficult. But even there a lot of ammo crates are just for the arkfall too...

Troster
03-23-2013, 07:14 AM
There are no problems finding ammo between missions as there are caches at every extraction point but there were none at the major arkfall I did earlier and very few drops. There was a steady stream of people having to leave the area to travel up the road to the nearest ammo cache before they could continue. I completely ran out of ammo for both my assault rifle and sniper rifle twice in the course of completing the arkfall.

Something definitely needs tweaking.

Heallun
03-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Truthfully we just need one of those blue ammo cache's like we get in the coop maps at the arkfalls. Ammo is fine except when you have to pump 10,000 rounds minimum from your LMG / AR into the matron due to the excessive hp scaling and all the useless people meleeing instead of riding out to grab ammo and coming back :P

JMadFour
03-23-2013, 07:44 AM
A support EGO power that allows you to summon an ammo cache or something would be great.

russell733
03-23-2013, 07:56 AM
The trash mobs at major Arkfalls used to only drop ammo. Now they drop scrip and crystals also, and it makes the ammo drops way too rare. Even before the latest change ammo was scarce at those big events but as long as you helped kill the Archers there was usually enough.

Also the Arkfalls scale, so the more people there, the harder the mobs get. That means it takes longer to kill them and uses even more ammo. They just need to add a couple of those ammo boxes around the Major arkfall final event, they have them at most of the minor arkfalls already.

MAXQSMART
03-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Id love for them to put the Ammo Cache locations on the mini map

Sanguinesun
03-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Id love for them to put the Ammo Cache locations on the mini map

Um they are. They're the off white diamonds on your mini map.

Lightvision
03-23-2013, 08:51 AM
tbh i like it how it is now. if you dont know how to make your shots count instead of spraying a whole clip and being less efficient then thats your fault for doing so. now if only they would take the loot boxes out of the game i'd be happy

getting devs to place ammo crates at every arkfall is not the right thing to do, makes people lazy and people will rely on being spoon feed everything. you gotta work for that scrip

Blackwolfe
03-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I have no problems with ammo except on major arkfalls. Ammo drops from major hellbug arkfalls need to be upped somewhat. Placing ammo crates at every arkfall might not be the best solution though.

Dead_Phoenix
03-23-2013, 09:03 AM
I have no problems with ammo except on major arkfalls. Ammo drops from major hellbug arkfalls need to be upped somewhat. Placing ammo crates at every arkfall might not be the best solution though.

trick with the major ones are the additional mobs, they always drop ammo. i do have to think at the major ones to, but at least it stops people ignoring the elites running around, just to nuke the main bugs. good to work as a team having people take out the elites for ammo imho

ii Stryker
03-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Ammo Cache's are too sparse and they need to be visible on the Map and Mini Map.

I do have a perk that replenishes a percentage of ammo after a crit kill

Strontium Dog
03-24-2013, 03:21 PM
they are visible on mini map.

Only issue i have found is on the big fights.

Asheki
03-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Aim for crits, use grenades, use your powers, kill adds ( without a car ), deal damage to plenty of adds so they drop ammo for you, make sure to hit big enemies a few times so they give you ammo once they're down. Use a BMG when you run out until you find ammo you can pick with your main loadout.

SteveMND
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Um they are. They're the off white diamonds on your mini map.

They are, but only if they are close enough to you to already be within range of your minimap. If they are outside your radar range, they you have no clue where one might be. I think people mean here that it would be nice if they showed up, say, by having the closest one shown along the edge of the minimap if you were outside the range of it.

MattN
03-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Need constant ammo regen perk that's more than a few %. SMG, LMG and AR need separate ammo pools, fast Rpm weapons like SMG needs to be biggest. All ammo pools need to be bigger, this doesn't hurt the game only helps. Need more alien weapons with unlimited ammo like BMG.

For god sake this is a shooter game with endless mobs, you're worthless without ammo...

Ichidakiller
03-24-2013, 03:57 PM
I ran a couple coop missions this morning and man....we were all pulling out guns from our inventory between ammo cache or two of us would run back to the last one just so we could finish the instance.
Prior ammo was everywhere now ya can't find some to save your life. Would like to see a nice middle ground at launch.

Khel
03-24-2013, 04:00 PM
And personally, I would also like to see SMG and assault rifles use different ammo. I've got a really good AR for normal damage and a good fire SMG, but I can only use one or the other or I'll be out of ammo in a heartbeat. I can usually get to one of the shops occasionally, having a little ammo cache between them would just help so much.

That please!

MattN
03-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I ran a couple coop missions this morning and man....we were all pulling out guns from our inventory between ammo cache or two of us would run back to the last one just so we could finish the instance.
Prior ammo was everywhere now ya can't find some to save your life. Would like to see a nice middle ground at launch.

You mean they have more ammo cache in maps before? I also notice the AR have 1000 rds ammo pool in youtube vids, now it's 500...Why the heck did they change that?

Overabundance of ammo only help the game, lacking ammo in a game that consumes bazillion rounds per sec is a serious design flaw.

MRE
03-24-2013, 05:08 PM
There is a melee perk associated with Overcharge that I use on one of my load-outs, it replenishes some of the ammo of the weapon your using at the time if you use a melee kill. Skitterbugs are easy to kill with one smack at Arkfalls so I find I can stay in the zone without worrying about ammo.

Dixa
03-24-2013, 05:10 PM
the perk assassins cache may be required imo. as is scavenger

Karazykid
03-24-2013, 05:11 PM
It's not like having more ammo caches around would hurt anything. It still takes you a few seconds to grab the ammo so you can't just do it in the middle of combat, and when you kill 50 guys and all they drop is 1 scrip each (which also needs to change. What am I gonna do with 1 scrip?) or some resources I wind up needing to pull out backup weapons for my backup weapons.

If we can't have more caches, at least make the ammo drops more common. I've got like 50k resources that I've yet to use which seem like something that should be more rare considering what you do with them, but when the enemy drops 10 rounds for my gun I feel like I won the lottery.

Badboyjoe95
03-24-2013, 05:19 PM
tbh i like it how it is now. if you dont know how to make your shots count instead of spraying a whole clip and being less efficient then thats your fault for doing so. now if only they would take the loot boxes out of the game i'd be happy

getting devs to place ammo crates at every arkfall is not the right thing to do, makes people lazy and people will rely on being spoon feed everything. you gotta work for that scrip

Agreed. I can get ranked 1st in over half of the arkfalls i go to and im yet to have any issue with ammo.

Asheki
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
The point of having a limited amount of ammo in the first place is so that ammunition is a challenge factor, save up ammo, use it properly, use the right tool for the job, you have multiple loadouts, use them.

Ammo isn't that hard to get anyway.

winterforge
03-24-2013, 05:30 PM
I vote for every time an arkfall spawns, an ammo crate spawns near it. When arkfall goes away, so does ammo crate. The way it is now, it's favoring more realism over limiting your frustration.

groundhouse
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
This "Out of Ammo" is a huge Pain in the ***,and a big Gamebreaker (i wrote before).
It can be Fun in PvP,but in PvE it kills the Gameflow.

Searching 1-5 Minutes a crate,or switching to Healweapon is :mad:

gh

Relento
03-25-2013, 02:01 PM
If they just made "show damage numbers" on by default I think that would solve the issue. I run LMG/SMG, same ammo pool and never have problems with ammo. The issue is wasted ammo due to armor/weak-spots and ranged damage fall-off.

Freygea
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I am trying to figure out why they show us a ammo box and how to use it in the tut but then we do not see another ammo box for like miles...

...did I say miles? ;)